Text Box Error

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mr_ingenuity  Moderator

For some reason this little box pops-up & doesn't allow me to post. It's not happening now but it's happened before.

Windows 7

Google Chrome

Here's the culprit
Here's the culprit

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#2  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

@mr_ingenuity: interesting, have you tried clearing your cache? If you have try disabling all of your plugins/extensions and see if it comes back.

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By mr_ingenuity  Moderator

@pikahyper said:

@mr_ingenuity: interesting, have you tried clearing your cache? If you have try disabling all of your plugins/extensions and see if it comes back.

Didn't get the notification ¯\(°_o)/¯

I cleared cache for an unrelated problem but that may have fixed it. Not sure I could recreate the error.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've had this too but I couldn't recreate the error.

Chrome, Windows 7

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 pikahyper  Moderator
rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: -43

#6  Edited By rorie

Are you guys seeing two text boxes, one of which doesn't work, or just the one erroneous box? The two-boxes bug we saw earlier (and I think we fixed it), but this might be related.

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mr_ingenuity  Moderator

@pikahyper: @rorie: To answer pika's question it it doesn't allow forum post or PMs haven't tried anywhere else

Neither of those problems. To explain the image, the yellow box inside the text box is the only place I may move the typing cursor which prevents posting anything.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 pikahyper  Moderator

@rorie: that was a different issue, that yellow box is a form input field like the one for the thread title when you create a new forum thread, for forms an input is a single line and a textarea is multi-lined, the reply window uses a textarea and an iframe so there is no input field anywhere within the reply form so I can't figure out where the one in the screenshot is coming from.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 pikahyper  Moderator

@mr_ingenuity: next time you see it can you type some text in to it and hit enter and tell me what it does?

also can you please get a screenshot of the source code for that part of the page? to do so put the mouse cursor in the yellow box and right click, select Inspect Element, a frame will popup at the bottom of the page, next grab the top of the frame and drag to make it taller and take a screenshot of the source code and post.

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mr_ingenuity  Moderator

@mr_ingenuity: next time you see it can you type some text in to it and hit enter and tell me what it does?

also can you please get a screenshot of the source code for that part of the page? to do so put the mouse cursor in the yellow box and right click, select Inspect Element, a frame will popup at the bottom of the page, next grab the top of the frame and drag to make it taller and take a screenshot of the source code and post.

Once I hit enter the usual but the comment doesn't post even after refreshing the page.

Will do.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: -43

I filed a bug for this a few days ago. Apologies for the troubles; hopefully it'll get fixed soon.

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mr_ingenuity  Moderator

@pikahyper: I have no idea what you are looking for so I took a couple screenshots (relevant or not ¯\(°_o)/¯) I would also like to note clearing cache/history fixed it.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 pikahyper  Moderator

@mr_ingenuity: That is extremely bizarre, the source code doesn't normally look like that, not even close. I'm glad it is fixed for you though.