• 76 results
#1 Edited by Rorie (858 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey, I really apologize for the past week. I know the CV community relies on replies and mentions to navigate all the various topics you guys post in, and having those not working for the last six days has been super annoying for me, as I'm sure it has been for all of you. We're going to look into the process that caused this stuff to break so badly and try to ensure that it doesn't happen again. Obviously some stuff is tough to test with a small group of engineers vs. tens of thousands of users, but I recognize that that is no excuse.

We pushed out a bunch of fixes today to the entire system. If you're willing to give us some fresh feedback on the system now that it's theoretically operational, please use this thread to do so. Be sure to double-check your notification settings to ensure that they're checked off as you like before reporting bugs, though! We're especially interested in hearing if specific notifications aren't being sent when they're checked off in your settings, or if notifications are being sent to you even though they're checked off in your settings. We've been pounding this stuff pretty hard over the past few days, so we think it should be functioning properly, but obviously with thousands of people looking at it you're sure to see stuff that we missed. Please let me know in this thread as to the existence of any outright bugs.

With regards to the ability to create a PM conversation directly from a notification, that's a feature that I like as well. I've mentioned it around here and hopefully we can work on getting it back in some form. Give the new system a thorough once-over, though, and we'll see what you guys want most going forward.

Issues list:

• Quoting a user who has quoted you will result in you sending a notification to yourself. Filed a bug.
  • Sometimes notifications will appear under the flag even though it displays a 0. I think it's taking some time to cache, or it needs a page load to refresh the number. Will keep an eye on it.
Staff
#2 Posted by DigbyKong (300 posts) - - Show Bio

I have everything checked and set to immediately

#3 Posted by Rorie (858 posts) - - Show Bio

@digbykong: Then you should get some notifications for this, I hope.

Staff
#4 Posted by DigbyKong (300 posts) - - Show Bio

@rorie: I did. Praise Hercules!

#5 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

Out of curiosity can I. Have a test ? :O

#6 Posted by DigbyKong (300 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by DigbyKong (300 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Edited by Rorie (858 posts) - - Show Bio

@digbykong: Works like a charm

Cool! If anyone else wants to test this out here, feel free to post and I'll reply to you. Just make sure you've double-checked your settings.

Staff
#10 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6252 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like a test.

#11 Posted by DigbyKong (300 posts) - - Show Bio

@rorie: Is Feedback and friend updates supposed to be disabled under Email? My mouse cursor turns into a red circle over those two options.

#13 Posted by Rorie (858 posts) - - Show Bio

@digbykong: Yes, I believe those two options are currently disabled for email. I think we're waiting to switch to another mailing option before we enable them.

@rulerofthisuniverse: Test!

Staff
#14 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6252 posts) - - Show Bio

@rorie: Ok, when I clicked on notifications the reply was there, but there wasn't a number next to the flag. Not a big deal though, this should work fine. Thanks!

#15 Posted by Rorie (858 posts) - - Show Bio

@rulerofthisuniverse: Yeah, I think it's caching a bit before the number shows up. We'll keep an eye on it!

Staff
#16 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6252 posts) - - Show Bio

@rorie: Thanks, glad you could fix the problem!

#17 Edited by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

It's starting to work again. Thanks man!

#18 Posted by Rorie (858 posts) - - Show Bio
Staff
#19 Posted by Mercy_ (92674 posts) - - Show Bio

Everything seems aces. Seriously appreciate the constant updates on what was going on.

#20 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

Alrighty then.

I like your avi dude :D

#21 Posted by Cap10nate (2205 posts) - - Show Bio

Working on my end as well. Thank you.

#22 Posted by Mr_Ingenuity (7403 posts) - - Show Bio

@rorie: Thanks for the hard work. But I would like to point out I can now notify myself in quotes.

#23 Posted by BumpyBoo (8101 posts) - - Show Bio

@rorie: Thanks for the hard work. But I would like to point out I can now notify myself in quotes.

Seconded, on both counts.

Also, I can't change some of my settings, they are permanently disabled. Is this normal because you're testing stuff, or is it a bug?

#25 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm getting the same thing.

#26 Posted by Rorie (858 posts) - - Show Bio
Staff
#27 Posted by Rorie (858 posts) - - Show Bio

@bumpyboo: Two of the email settings are disabled at the moment. I think we want to shift to a different email provider before we wanted to enable all of the email options. Hopefully they'll be enabled soon. We also want to offer a weekly digest for email notifications as an additional option to the disabled/immediate choices.

Staff
#28 Posted by BumpyBoo (8101 posts) - - Show Bio

@rorie: Excellent, thanks again for your help and for keeping us up to date :)

#29 Posted by pikahyper (11763 posts) - - Show Bio

Digest, nice.

#30 Posted by drgnx (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

So, just to clarify, we will no longer get notifications via "the inbox"?

#31 Edited by Mercy_ (92674 posts) - - Show Bio

@drgnx: No, you won't. The only thing that you'll be getting via the inbox is private messages.

#32 Edited by drgnx (3560 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Edited by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm getting notifications (red flag icon) but I no longer get PMs when someone @ replies me along with that notification. Is this a bug, did I disable that feature by mistake, or is this feature no longer offered in the new CV?

EDIT: Ah, door number three I see. Not sure how I like that, but then it's not like I ever used the notifications feature to track anything previously.

@drgnx said:

So, just to clarify, we will no longer get notifications via "the inbox"?

@mercy_ said:

@drgnx: No, you won't. The only thing that you'll be getting via the inbox is private messages.

#34 Posted by The Stegman (23752 posts) - - Show Bio

Mine works again, thanks!

#35 Posted by Lvenger (19052 posts) - - Show Bio

Mine works again, thanks!

#36 Edited by Stormbox (2001 posts) - - Show Bio

Still doesnt work

#37 Posted by pikahyper (11763 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormbox: been working fine for me for days, try checking your settings and clearing your cache.

#38 Edited by Stormbox (2001 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Edited by Mercy_ (92674 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm getting notifications, but the notification meter isn't changing from 0 when I do.

#40 Edited by Rorie (858 posts) - - Show Bio

@mercy_: It can take a couple minutes to update at the moment. And it also takes a page refresh to update.

Staff
#41 Posted by Akindoodle (1000 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not working for me. At all

#42 Posted by lolzstastic (214 posts) - - Show Bio

Used to work, doesn't work anymore. And yes, I did tick the boxes.

#43 Posted by MyNameWasDeleted (679 posts) - - Show Bio

Used to work, doesn't work anymore. And yes, I did tick the boxes.

same for me 7/8/2013

#44 Posted by Xenon_ (2771 posts) - - Show Bio

Not working anymore since yesterday

#45 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

It was working for me when I logged in like an hour ago...

But every tag I've gotten since then hasn't registered in my notifs. I've checked my settings, they're ticked.

#46 Posted by SideburnGuru (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

Checked my settings, all ticked. Hasn't worked since.. a day ago maybe? I don't know. I thought people just weren't replying to me. Saw two threads I posted in awhile ago with two replies to me, and I didn't get them.

#47 Posted by CheeseSticks (2443 posts) - - Show Bio

Same here

#48 Posted by akbogert (3213 posts) - - Show Bio

Checked my settings, all ticked. Hasn't worked since.. a day ago maybe? I don't know. I thought people just weren't replying to me. Saw two threads I posted in awhile ago with two replies to me, and I didn't get them.

#49 Posted by BumpyBoo (8101 posts) - - Show Bio

Yup, not getting anything at all. Glad it's not just me then. Sorta :/

#50 Edited by RulerOfThisUniverse (6252 posts) - - Show Bio

Stopped working again last night.