#1 Posted by Madcel (210 posts) - - Show Bio

When i type in a name it doesnt say which publisher the character belongs to or how many issues he's in. Like it used to

#2 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (6662 posts) - - Show Bio

same problem with me.

#3 Posted by pikahyper (11954 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a known problem and it will be fixed soon.

Moderator Online
#4 Posted by GenesisX (78 posts) - - Show Bio

To add on to this, whenever I type something into the search engine, nothing comes up. Instead of a list showing the items with that name, it just gives me a link to Search for "[object name]". Other times it just gives me "'tis but a barren wasteland". The options often don't give me the choice of choosing issue, series, object, etc. I used Spider-Man for the first example (the search for...) and used Ba [as in Batman], which should give me any number of references starting or including those letters in that sequence; but instead gives me the "barren wasteland" error.

#5 Edited by pikahyper (11954 posts) - - Show Bio

@genesisx: Works fine for me, try clearing your browser cache, also if you are copy pasting names into the search engine that usually beings up no results so adding a space or hitting backspace once will get it to kick in. As for "Ba" not showing results it is because the search engine requires three characters be added before it starts, this is something they will be working on though as we have pages with only one or two characters in the title that can no longer be searched from the search bars.

Moderator Online
#6 Posted by fesak (7052 posts) - - Show Bio

Any idea on when alias search will function again? There's been a lot of dupes created the last couple of days.

#7 Posted by EPYON8675 (42 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm having trouble finding characters when editing a comic or episode page. When I search for them they don't appear in the search bar just characters with similar names only appear.

#8 Posted by MoonBoi (1 posts) - - Show Bio

When searching for a series, I get a proper list like it used to but after volume there isn't a year shown

#9 Posted by pikahyper (11954 posts) - - Show Bio

@epyon8675: @moonboi: the new search engine is still being refined, there is currently no eta for it being back to normal.

Moderator Online
#10 Posted by hyiena (1790 posts) - - Show Bio

It doesn't work well.

#11 Posted by mrpibb (496 posts) - - Show Bio

just an update, we're still working on the relevancy. Sorry again for the issues.

#12 Posted by TifaLockhart (14046 posts) - - Show Bio

I take it back. Having no search function is worse than having a bad one.

#13 Posted by Lady_Liberty (8279 posts) - - Show Bio

The upside to this is I'm getting pretty good at using google to search comicvine.

#14 Posted by Jetshade (421 posts) - - Show Bio

Any updates on this? Because currently the search engine is worse than useless and absolutely refuses to find characters in particular. For example, typing in "Saturn Girl" gets one entry: "Last week's Saturn Awards" article.

#15 Edited by pikahyper (11954 posts) - - Show Bio

@jetshade: check the filters, editorial stuff is checked by default right now, no wiki, hit the Uncheck Now option and you'll get more results and you'll see what you want, all this is temporary while the search engine is tweaked/worked on.

Moderator Online
#16 Posted by Rorie (863 posts) - - Show Bio

Yep, sorry, the search is significantly busted at this point. I know our engineer has been pulling very late nights recently trying to get it working; I'll try to get an update today and see what the timeframe is on getting it back to where it was before the site update.

Staff
#17 Posted by Cable_Extreme (9105 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a known problem and it will be fixed soon.

I am having a problem with the search engine for the forums, when I try to use it, it will say 500: internal server area every single time. I waited a couple days to see if it got any better, but it hasn't, wondering if yall know what the problem is.

#18 Edited by pikahyper (11954 posts) - - Show Bio
Moderator Online
#19 Edited by Cable_Extreme (9105 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by JediXMan (30381 posts) - - Show Bio

All I get are articles and videos. I cannot find anything on the actual wiki.

#21 Posted by pikahyper (11954 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman: check your filters, while the search engine is being worked on editorial stuff is selected by default so wiki stuff doesn't show, select the uncheck all option and you'll see the unfiltered wiki.

Moderator Online
#22 Posted by JediXMan (30381 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman: check your filters, while the search engine is being worked on editorial stuff is selected by default so wiki stuff doesn't show, select the uncheck all option and you'll see the unfiltered wiki.

Ah. Thank you.

#23 Edited by pikahyper (11954 posts) - - Show Bio
Moderator Online
#24 Posted by Myrmidon_ (5080 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't search users.

#25 Posted by Rorie (863 posts) - - Show Bio

@myrmidon_: Where are you attempting to search? Does it just return nothing or do the results not work right? If it's the latter, we're hoping to have that fixed in a couple of days.

Staff
#26 Edited by Myrmidon_ (5080 posts) - - Show Bio

@rorie: I don't have an option to search users (on the top search bar) anymore.

#27 Posted by Rorie (863 posts) - - Show Bio
Staff
#28 Edited by Myrmidon_ (5080 posts) - - Show Bio

@rorie:

It does not work, like, there is no way to search a username anymore?

#29 Posted by Rorie (863 posts) - - Show Bio
Staff
#30 Posted by Myrmidon_ (5080 posts) - - Show Bio

@rorie: Nope, that apparently comes up blank when I enter a name.

#31 Posted by Rorie (863 posts) - - Show Bio

@myrmidon_: Hmm, yeah, it looks like it's not actually searching for users. Sorry for the trouble; I'll try to get this bugged and looked into.

Staff
#32 Edited by Myrmidon_ (5080 posts) - - Show Bio

@rorie: No worries, and I appreciate the effort :)