#1 Posted by Rorie (886 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey, so...these notifications are kinda wonky right now, huh? I'm sorry for the issues - I know it's made for a pretty inconsistent week this week. I personally haven't been getting mentions or reply notifications since Wednesday, so rest assured that we're aware of what's going on.

Again, all I can do is apologize for the problems. We're testing a large amount of fixes internally and hope to be rolling them out early next week. Sorry again.

#2 Posted by AllStarSuperman (22192 posts) - - Show Bio

Me too, no one is talking to me...

#3 Posted by Chaos Prime (10857 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#4 Edited by pikahyper (12391 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13394 posts) - - Show Bio

same. my inbox wont work either

#6 Posted by Chaos Prime (10857 posts) - - Show Bio

@chaos_prime: you don't have to bump pinned threads.

Didnt know at the time just followed your link from another topic.Sorry :)

#7 Posted by SideburnGuru (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

This is actually really annoying.

Go to forums for a discussion. Notifications are key for the discussion to say when someone replies to my statement. Can not hold discussion. Why go to forums?

Not saying I'm leaving, or anyone should, but hopefully they fix this.. whenever they WANT to apparently. It's been like, three days for me.

#8 Posted by Rorie (886 posts) - - Show Bio

Go to forums for a discussion. Notifications are key for the discussion to say when someone replies to my statement. Can not hold discussion. Why go to forums?

Not saying I'm leaving, or anyone should, but hopefully they fix this.. whenever they WANT to apparently. It's been like, three days for me.

Well, we obviously want to fix it (my own job is markedly more difficult when I can't tell when people are replying to me); we just don't want to make a fix that might make things worse. I believe the engineers were looking into fixes on Friday, and hopefully we'll have more news sometime today.

#9 Posted by SideburnGuru (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@rorie said:

@sideburnguru said:

Well, we obviously want to fix it (my own job is markedly more difficult when I can't tell when people are replying to me); we just don't want to make a fix that might make things worse. I believe the engineers were looking into fixes on Friday, and hopefully we'll have more news sometime today.

Oh, I'm not doubting that. I'm just curious, may seem stupid, but there's no way to just back up the old system right? To bring it back to what it used to be?

#10 Posted by Rorie (886 posts) - - Show Bio

@rorie said:

@sideburnguru said:

Oh, I'm not doubting that. I'm just curious, may seem stupid, but there's no way to just back up the old system right? To bring it back to what it used to be?

If we can't get the fixes up before the long weekend I'll definitely talk to our engineers about it; sometimes these changes are all tied together in complicated ways, though. The transit strike here in SF isn't doing us any favors, unfortunately.

#11 Posted by drgnx (3565 posts) - - Show Bio

@rorie: Can't they work remotely?

#12 Posted by sinestro_GL (3248 posts) - - Show Bio

This is how I feel without the notifications features working

#13 Edited by Chaos Prime (10857 posts) - - Show Bio

Im sure ur all doing your best, just hope that when its fixed i can answer the messages im expecting.Nightmare scenario would be "its fixed now but forget about seeing ur old messages"

#14 Posted by Raw_Material (3297 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice, sounds good. Thanks for the consideration and thought about us, the every day viners.

#15 Posted by Rorie (886 posts) - - Show Bio

Just as an update, we've been testing a lot of fixes over the weekend and are really hoping to get them pushed out later this afternoon. I can't guarantee that, but it's looking pretty good. Thanks for your patience; I know how frustrating this is for you guys.

#16 Posted by consolemaster001 (5795 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Edited by joshmightbe (24937 posts) - - Show Bio

Mine stopped working after about the third day they had it up and I've only got 1 notification since and no PMs at all.

#18 Edited by The Stegman (24989 posts) - - Show Bio

Perhaps it would be best to go back to the old notice system, there was nothing wrong with it, and I like pm-ing a reply which I can't do with the new system.

#19 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33884 posts) - - Show Bio

@rorie said:

Just as an update, we've been testing a lot of fixes over the weekend and are really hoping to get them pushed out later this afternoon. I can't guarantee that, but it's looking pretty good. Thanks for your patience; I know how frustrating this is for you guys.

huzzah!

#20 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (23183 posts) - - Show Bio

@rorie: I know you guys are trying your best and I know what you had in mind. Don't want to say you wasted your time, but this change was unnecessary. I mean there was nothing wrong with the previous PM system and so many people were used to it and even if the notification system was used to help traffic between PMs, I hardly heard anyone complain about it enough to warrant this new feature.

#21 Posted by Rorie (886 posts) - - Show Bio

@rorie: I know you guys are trying your best and I know what you had in mind. Don't want to say you wasted your time, but this change was unnecessary. I mean there was nothing wrong with the previous PM system and so many people were used to it and even if the notification system was used to help traffic between PMs, I hardly heard anyone complain about it enough to warrant this new feature.

To be fair, what has been seen so far isn't really representative of the system as it's intended to run, which is definitely our fault when it comes to launching something that obviously wasn't ready. I personally think the new system is pretty neat, with a few shortcomings. We'll throw up a feedback thread when it's running as intended so that you can all throw in your .02, though, for sure.

#22 Posted by Rorie (886 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by Rorie (886 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by Rorie (886 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33884 posts) - - Show Bio

@rorie: Woooh it worked. Free puppys for all.

#26 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (23183 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Edited by Samimista (20821 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33884 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Edited by Samimista (20821 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Edited by cbishop (8631 posts) - - Show Bio

So is this issue fixed now? Because I'm still having a problem with it. And I can't adjust it on my settings. "Feedback I receive" and "My friends' updates" are both "disabled," and I cannot change them. I'm only asking, because this thread seems to make out that the problem was fixed.

#31 Posted by pikahyper (12391 posts) - - Show Bio

@cbishop: the problem was fixed but I'm guessing for performance reasons those specific two email notifications were left disabled.

#32 Posted by Rorie (886 posts) - - Show Bio

@cbishop said:

So is this issue fixed now? Because I'm still having a problem with it. And I can't adjust it on my settings. "Feedback I receive" and "My friends' updates" are both "disabled," and I cannot change them. I'm only asking, because this thread seems to make out that the problem was fixed.

Those two options are disabled for the moment. I'm not sure when they'll be enabled, but I'll let you know if I get an ETA. They should still work for site notifications, just not as email.

#33 Posted by cbishop (8631 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Posted by Killemall (18635 posts) - - Show Bio

@rorie: I am not really getting any notification or message, despite me finding my post has been quoted in other thread, even now (a couple of hours ago), is it a system wide problem still or is it just me :(

#35 Posted by Outside_85 (9490 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm still have the problem going here.

#36 Posted by Chaos Prime (10857 posts) - - Show Bio

Did wot was asked, ticked the boxes saved & still the same problem as before :(

#37 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (7329 posts) - - Show Bio

@rorie said:

Hey, so...these notifications are kinda wonky right now, huh? I'm sorry for the issues - I know it's made for a pretty inconsistent week this week. I personally haven't been getting mentions or reply notifications since Wednesday, so rest assured that we're aware of what's going on.

Again, all I can do is apologize for the problems. We're testing a large amount of fixes internally and hope to be rolling them out early next week. Sorry again.

ME too!!