• 111 results
#1 Edited by Jaegerjaquez (1884 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't know if anyone's expressed this yet, but it's been happening pretty frequently, at least around the RPG board, lately. Type a post, put it up, and when it posts, there are parts/words missing, or the whole post just shows blank.

Chrome. Opera. Firefox.

#2 Posted by Rorie (826 posts) - - Show Bio

I know I saw this happen myself recently to a post I made. I'll see if there have been any recent changes that might explain it.

Staff
#3 Posted by pikahyper (11487 posts) - - Show Bio

@rorie: this is part of my bug report from the other day, started the same time the TV section was pushed out.

#4 Posted by Samimista (20597 posts) - - Show Bio

Having this as well since yesterday afternoon. I use Mozilla Firefox.

#5 Posted by Lady_Liberty (8211 posts) - - Show Bio

This is happening a LOT.

#6 Posted by _Stretch_ (1233 posts) - - Show Bio

At the risk of this not coming up. It has happened to me FOUR times in a row now, and shows no signs of stopping.

#7 Posted by Lady_Liberty (8211 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah its happening more and more frequently.

#8 Posted by Squares (4868 posts) - - Show Bio

Happened to me too once, haven't had the problem before or since.

#9 Posted by Pyrogram (35097 posts) - - Show Bio

Same issue here.

#10 Posted by Pyrogram (35097 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_rumor: Some super secret Vine attack against you lol

#11 Edited by Arquitenens (3783 posts) - - Show Bio

Becoming more frequent. And it's annoying. >.>

#12 Edited by cbishop (7092 posts) - - Show Bio

I've had this several times now, and it's super annoying. I keep forgetting that it's happening, because it's not every time, and I forget to copy my text before trying to post it, so when it's eaten, I have to start over. Grrr.

Edit: Thank goodness I copied it this time, because it did it again...TWICE :/

#13 Posted by Rorie (826 posts) - - Show Bio

This has been bugged but I'll ping @ltsquigs

Staff
#14 Posted by LtSquigs (189 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this just text you are typing in? Or is this text you are copying and pasting from other web sites.

Staff
#15 Posted by pikahyper (11487 posts) - - Show Bio

@ltsquigs: typing, it might be copy paste from others but it is always typed for me. There are other quirks as well with the editor since the tv show push, when hitting reply the cursor carot is in first position in front of the reply, typing makes it jump to the end, replying multiple people makes the cursor jump in front of the last replied to username and occasionally hitting backspace multiple times will cause the entire message to become part of the data message span outside of the href so it becomes all bold.

#16 Posted by Samimista (20597 posts) - - Show Bio

@ltsquigs: It's typing for me as well though it seems that my posts haven't been deleted today so far? Just encase I have been copying my replies before submitting onto the forums.

#17 Edited by Mercy_ (92534 posts) - - Show Bio

This just happened to me, regular text that I typed in.

Moderator Online
#18 Posted by Samimista (20597 posts) - - Show Bio

Still happening it seems. =O Just happened today once so far but didn't happen yesterday. 0.0

#19 Edited by RamJam (974 posts) - - Show Bio

It happened to Quickster! I think that's grounds to file this under Grade A concern.

#20 Edited by Rorie (826 posts) - - Show Bio

I think we're just having some trouble replicating this. I made a post and tried replying to it in a variety of ways but couldn't get this to pop up. I think we've narrowed it down to where it doesn't happen to copy-pasted text, but beyond that I haven't been able to make this happen repeatably. Anyone notice any kind of common thread as to when this happens to you?

Staff
#21 Posted by pikahyper (11487 posts) - - Show Bio

@rorie: far as I can tell it is random, different threads, different users, different times of day, different browsers.

#22 Edited by Samimista (20597 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah it's not copy-pasted text I don't think. It only happens when I type the text in. Happened once so far today but other than that do not notice a pattern. =O Sorry that this must be a overload for you guys since you're always so busy updating the site and fixing the glitches. Even you guys must get confused at times. xD

#23 Posted by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio

Editing a message (even before initial post) causes all the post Edited/Added text to not appear once posted. Happening frequently now.

#24 Posted by Fallschirmjager (15084 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes. this happens to me all the time. Its very annoying - especially if I'm typing something of length.

I also get this weird issue where some of my text randomly gets bolded, and I can't unbold it.

#25 Posted by Schlampe (2440 posts) - - Show Bio

@rorie said:

I think we're just having some trouble replicating this. I made a post and tried replying to it in a variety of ways but couldn't get this to pop up. I think we've narrowed it down to where it doesn't happen to copy-pasted text, but beyond that I haven't been able to make this happen repeatably. Anyone notice any kind of common thread as to when this happens to you?

I've had it happen once to a lengthy copy-pasted text, where large sections happened to be cut out. Luckily, I copied and pasted it, so it was a quick fix.

#26 Posted by Strigidae_23 (2902 posts) - - Show Bio

This is still going on. Its SUPER annoying. Any progress?

#27 Posted by BumpyBoo (7676 posts) - - Show Bio

Three times today :/

#28 Posted by ShadowSwordmaster (12097 posts) - - Show Bio

I have it happen twice on the same thread.

#29 Posted by pikahyper (11487 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this happening just in forums or has anyone experienced this in PMs, reviews, blogs, lists or comments (images, blogs, reviews, lists)?

For me I've only seen it in the forum but I honestly don't post enough to have it happen anywhere else.

#30 Posted by DireDrill (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

This bug happens to me when I use the reply button.

#31 Posted by Strigidae_23 (2902 posts) - - Show Bio

@pikahyper: I have only seen it happen in the forums. It may happen in reviews, blogs lists or commits but I'm pretty sure it doesn't happen in PM as I've posted a lot of PM messages and never seen it.

#32 Posted by DireDrill (2447 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84520 posts) - - Show Bio

Still having this issue myself

Windows, Firefox

#35 Posted by Rorie (826 posts) - - Show Bio

If this happens to anyone, can you link me to the post before you go back and fix it, and let me know what parts of the post were deleted? I'd like to point the engineers to a specific instance of this. I'll keep trying to replicate it as well.

Staff
#36 Posted by DireDrill (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

@rorie: Check my last post in this thread it exhibits the glitch. A good number of times when I use the reply button, I see my text deleted.

#37 Edited by Rorie (826 posts) - - Show Bio

@diredrill: OK, thanks, I'll see if someone can look into it.

Staff
#40 Posted by pikahyper (11487 posts) - - Show Bio

@rorie: I've been testing and I think it might have something to do with the extra space that is being inserted with a reply, when you hit the reply the caret moves in front of the reply and if you look after the reply there is like three spaces, if you start typing with the caret in front of the reply your text starts one space after the reply so there are extra spaces after the text but if for some reason you move after the extra spaces and hit backspace it sometimes causes some of the post to break out of the paragraph and move into a separate span and the span text is what disappears so I'm thinking whatever post scrubber the editor uses to clean posts sees that weird span and removes it like it would raw html or other junk text.

To see what I mean hit reply to a post, you'll see the blinking caret in front of the reply, if you hit the down arrow or End you'll jump and see the extra spaces. Playing around with that, text and backspace you can make some text break out of the paragraph and disappear but it doesn't happen every time though.

#41 Edited by LtSquigs (189 posts) - - Show Bio

Im still having troubles reproducing it, Ive only managed to get it to happen like two times in the last 50 tests I did, and I cant do it consistently. Unfortunately without being able to reproduce it I havent been able to track down the problem.

Staff
#42 Posted by Urban_Ronin (9935 posts) - - Show Bio

@ltsquigs: It just happened to me twice in a row in two separate threads. Both in the rpg forums. Not sure if that helps or not.

#44 Posted by Lady_Liberty (8211 posts) - - Show Bio

Guys this is a super annoying bug. Has there been any progress?

#45 Posted by Antonia (3014 posts) - - Show Bio

It's happening more frequently to me.

Could this really be all that obscure a bug?

#46 Edited by pikahyper (11487 posts) - - Show Bio

@antonia: not so much obscure (it is pretty common) more that it is extremely hard to replicate which makes it harder to figure out the cause.

#47 Posted by Fallschirmjager (15084 posts) - - Show Bio

any update on this bug?

i literally had to type a response 3 times in a row to get to finally post

>_<

#48 Posted by JetiiMitra (8176 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think this has happened to me at all.

#49 Posted by ShootingNova (15523 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, it has happened but I believe many others have reported this already. At least, I have. It's annoying to have to constantly copy entire posts for fear of it just vanishing.

It appears to only happen when replying/quoting. In the case of the latter - the quote actually appears, but my own writing does not.

#50 Posted by Lady_Liberty (8211 posts) - - Show Bio

Does it really take a month to correct this issue?