Random bolding of text.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Im not sure if this is a google chrome issue or a comicvine issue but either way I could really use some help with it, I cant be the only one who has this happen?

Sometimes when I am typing all my text suddenly gets bolded, marking it and pressing Ctrl + B or the Bold button doesnt change it back and im pretty sure I dont press Ctrl + B on accident. I dont know if this is just a random bug or if I am accidently pressing some kind of hotkey combination thats integrated into chrome. Sadly I usually type pretty fast so I havent managed to locate at what button press it happens yet but its a very common issue. It MIGHT involve the backspace button thats all I know.

Anyone else have this issue? Cause so far the only workaround ive found is to refresh the page and retype everything which is really annoying if you have typed out something long like a wiki entry where you cant just leave it bold either.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#2 pikahyper  Moderator

@bruxae: This is connected with another bug (replies disappearing) and it is indeed caused by using backspace. The text isn't actually bolded as it looks so ctrl+b wouldn't do anything, the bold text is actually turned into a faux reply and the bolding is being inherited from the css style sheet for Comicvine as replies are bolded. There is currently no fix and no estimated time of being fixed as the underlying problem is extremely hard to figure out. When it happens to you highlight the text and the space in front of it and hit delete, it shouldn't be more then half a sentence of text but if it is more copy the text before hitting delete and they use ctrl+shift+v to paste the text unformatted.