• 65 results
_RetroFire_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm on chrome windows 8.1

In rpg forum I wrote a post the size of my arm and it got eaten. This happens every other month and it's past old, it's lazy that it hasn't been addressed. Half the bugs on this place shouldn't still be an issue.

Site's got a deal with yahoo to run their articles, CBS owns CV now, but you can't hire a driven team of programmers to deal with these bugs that are still around about what, three years later? Come tf on guys... I'm saying what everybody else is thinking, the bugs are ridiculous as well as the amount of them. there's no excuse.

It boils down to two possibilities. Either the guys doing the work are lazy, or the money earned from this site isn't being utilized best to maintain it, but more to market it. I'm a fan of CV, and I like the site for what it could be, but it keeps falling short due to easily fixable issues.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have this in my reply notifications.

darknightspideyfanboy mentioned you in a comment.

@deathpoolthet1000: dam straight Justice League Crisis where tv verse and movie verse team up to defeat the anti monitor.

Oct 23, 8:15am

But i cant watch it in the thread.

http://www.comicvine.com/dc-comics/4010-10/forums/dccu-and-dc-tv-universe-crossover-1611286/?messageId=13132168#js-message-6

This isnt the first time this happened to me at least.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#3 pikahyper  Moderator

@deathpoolthet1000: the sites having replication issues which is delaying a lot of things, it should be viewable by now, if not try refreshing a few times, sometimes things will show and disappear and reappear again, eventually everything should get caught up when the cause is fixed.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nop, i cant see the comment.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

My posts are showing up but my post count isn't keeping up. In fact it's even diminishing at times.

This has been happening since yesterday.

What is the problem? When can I expect this to stop?

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

@powerherc: the site is having caching problems, it is happening to every aspect of the site now and has been going on since Wednesday, an engineer has been working on it but I have not received an ETA for the site being back to normal yet.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By PowerHerc

@pikahyper: Okay. That explains it. Thanks for letting me know.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 pikahyper  Moderator
Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator

It's doing it to me again. One of my old posts disappears when I make a new one.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 pikahyper  Moderator

@xwraith: sites still having caching problems

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator

@pikahyper: I assumed that had something to do with it. And it doesn't do it every single time.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 pikahyper  Moderator

@xwraith: ya the problems seem to come and go, it probably has to do with the strain on the server.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bit of an update: what seems to be happening is that every time I make two or three posts, some of my old ones disappear. My post count is essentially frozen at 19,580.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 pikahyper  Moderator

Odd.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator

@pikahyper: Is it possible that the server is confused and thinks that my posts need to stay at that number?

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The site is completely flipping out right now.

KingVenus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The site is completely flipping out right now.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 pikahyper  Moderator

@xwraith: no clue, its probably just a weird caching thing, all the problems we've been having the past week are all due to caching problems so older versions of things are randomly being shown instead of newer versions, these cached versions can be days old.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper: It wasn't really a problem for me until yesterday evening. I guess I can only hope it gets fixed soon.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 pikahyper  Moderator

@xwraith: you're lucky, it is a huge problem in the wiki that has been screwing me since it started last Monday, I added almost 300 new releases this week and about 250 last week and having the data appear and disappear and even the new pages themselves appear and disappear like they don't exist is an infuriating problem. The only thing keeping me sane is the fact that I know how to manually manipulate the source code of the site when submissions don't go through so I can force them to resubmit without having to reload the page or add the data over again. In the wiki 1 out of every 3 things I do errors out; adding data, adding a page, adding an image, loading a newly created page, etc. so everything takes twice as long to do or longer.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper: Sorry to hear about that.

I made some major additions to a wiki article (Emiko Queen) yesterday, but it didn't have any problems as far as I know.

Shebba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Shebba

@pikahyper: I agree with everyone here. It looks like we had a blackout yesterday evening. Plus I noticed my last 2 post didn't kept up. It didn't even show up. Is like it froze and not just that, Instead increasing my post number, it decrease. Something not right here at all. Is not like I have 30,000 post. I only have 192 and see that after this post it stay the same or it decrease. Are they still fixing it? Are they going to fix it? It this is gonna stay like this? Please tell me what really going on. Thank you.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#24  Edited By Saint_Sophie

So is there any estimation on how long this post eating glitch will last? And if it's fixed will my post count be restored to 1000 (well according to my profile my post count should be at 1000) because I've posted like 10 times today and my post count has stayed at 950.

@pikahyper

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 pikahyper  Moderator

@saint_sophie: @shebba: All the information about the situation that I know has been posted in this thread or other recent ones here in Bug Reporting, I've been told that someone is working on it and has been working on it since last week, the "blackout" yesterday I think was an attempted fix being pushed but it either broke the site or didn't agree with something on the site so it was reverted back. Like most sites the servers are not in the same location as the people working on them so they have to make requests and those requests have to be processed and prioritized and CBS is a big company so it is a slow process.

As for restoring post counts, sadly I doubt your posts or counts will be magically restored, once bugs get fixed that kind of data does not usually catch back up or it has to be restored from an older version, I don't think post counts can be restored so most likely the numbers will be around whatever they are now but once fixed they will start registering again and increasing like normal when posting.

Shebba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper: I just hope this be fix cause from what I can see I'm not posting anything until it get fix. Sadly this is happening. Thanks to let me know. I'll appreciated.

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My count was like 3558 and now it's 5359

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 17

M-174

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By M-174

This. Is definitely, a problem. It is still a problem. And there are two different variations of it.

1. Lag. This one isn't as infuriating. You post a post. It doesn't look like it's posted. but then it just pops up about a minute later after a few refreshes.
  2. Eating. You post, go to the next page and your post that you just posted, didn't post. You can't go back and get it. It won't appear no matter how many times you refresh or how long you wait. It simply vanishes when you leave the page.

I have to copy paste near everything I post. This is also completely random.

It doesn't just happen to me.

It

happens

to other people

Just when they complain. It isn't always here.

I understand this isn't a moderator problem. But it is a problem.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#30 BumpyBoo  Moderator

Anyone else having bits of posts go missing? Tends to be after an edit, have posted a few times this morning and had to rewrite because little chunks of text disappear when I post :/

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 pikahyper  Moderator

@bumpyboo: were any bits pasted in? potentially depending on any formatting attached to pasted text it could be purged if the editor saw something it didn't like upon submission.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 BumpyBoo  Moderator

@pikahyper: Hmm, no it's just from typing, no pasting involved. It's tending to take out words here and there, sometimes the entire midsection of a sentence. For instance, I could type:

Hello, I am Bumpy and this is a sentence.

Press post and have it turn out like this:

Hello, I amis a sentence.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 pikahyper  Moderator

@bumpyboo: hmm, are you on a laptop with a touchpad by any chance?

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 BumpyBoo  Moderator
pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 pikahyper  Moderator

@bumpyboo: and are you using a plugged in mouse and/or have the touchpad disabled?

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 BumpyBoo  Moderator

@pikahyper: Unfortunately there's no mouse for it at the minute, last one died so recently I always use the touchpad.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 pikahyper  Moderator

@bumpyboo: well there is a very large chance that it is your hand, touchpads are only able to understand certain gestures and a whole hand going over it/grazing it makes touchpads do weird things, usually it will act as a left click and a drag depending on the pressure thereby selecting text and then it deletes it or cuts it. It happens from time to time, it happens to me sometimes as well and I have my touchpad disabled and use a usb mouse. I'm guessing it happens most when you are distracted or tired? when distracted or tired you are less focused on muscle stiffness and limbs droop, its why typos are more common when distracted or tired. Next time it happens make a note of what you are doing and how awake you are, if you are fully awake and alert then it could be something else.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 BumpyBoo  Moderator

@pikahyper: Thanks, Pika! I'll keep an eye on when it happens and try to be a bit more hand-aware, in case it's just error on my part. Hopefully that's all it is :)

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 pikahyper  Moderator

@bumpyboo: also make sure the text that disappears is not red and bold like the reply username, if it is that would be the answer cause it would be caught in the html span surrounding reply usernames, any text within the span will automatically be deleted by the editor.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper: For 2 weeks now my post count has been increasing once every 3-5 posts, and at times even decreasing. I've tried waiting it out, using different browser etc. but no luck.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

@experio: pretty sure that one is still being worked on, it is happening for wiki points as well.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@pikahyper: Has the post count bug been addressed? It takes about 3 to 4 post for my count to move up to 1.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 pikahyper  Moderator

@humanrocket: not really, nobodies around with the holidays but Rorie told me a couple days ago he would try to get someone to look into it this upcoming week, I'm pretty sure the incremental function is off for post counts and points, logically the two would be connected somehow since it started at the same time.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@pikahyper: I have noticed that Wiki points not adding up as soon as I edited a page. But thanks for the quick reply and update.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 pikahyper  Moderator
deadcool_XD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

@pikahyper:

My posts are showing up but my post count isn't keeping up. In fact it's even diminishing at times.

This has been happening since yesterday.

What is the problem? When can I expect this to stop?

hey powerherc, the same thing is happening to me, I answer 30 different forum questions and I even tried different programs to load cv on, but it is not keeping track of my posts. I see pika said the engineers have been working on this since like a month ago. Are you still having issues. I love the site, I really do, but some of these bugs are really annoying.

deadcool_XD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper:

I'm not sure if it is my role to say this, but maybe comic vine should work with another company or hire different site engineers to make it work more smoothly. I really don't want to be the one to say this, but I remember searching the top comic websites and always seeing comicvine as either 1 or 2. Now, it is very slowly slipping down due to some of these issues. I am not mad at the site, cas I still like it more than all the other options, but some errors should be fixed pretty soon.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 pikahyper  Moderator

@deadcool_xd: CV doesn't have its own engineers, the site is owned by CBSi and we were merged into the GameSpot family of sites so we get their engineers and their engineers have to work on a lot of sites with a fairly small team, everything has to be prioritized so it takes a while and the holidays are making it take even longer. They are not forgetting about these bugs though, I don't let them forget, there is no way to predict when things will be fixed but they should at some point.

deadcool_XD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper:

ok, thx for responding so quickly! I probably would have around 800 posts if it weren't for that bug, when it is fixed will all the posts I had that got deleted every come back?

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 pikahyper  Moderator

@deadcool_xd: I probably wouldn't have responded so quickly but you posted right when I woke up so I saw it the second I got on.

If not for the bug I'd have at least another 500-600k points, unfortunately you get used to the bugs and when there is nothing you can do about something you either have to move on or stay and accept it, it is a personal choice. As for getting your post count back I highly doubt it, anything is possible but it is better not to get your hopes up.