#1 Posted by cbishop (7193 posts) - - Show Bio

I keep having a pop-up ad come up over my CV page, and there's no way to close it. It looks like the ad has run off the right side of the page, so the "X" to close it is lost off the page. There's no scroll bar to let me get over there to close it. I have to reload the page, and hope it doesn't pop up again. If I'm editing a page, I lose whatever I was working on. This is obviously frustrating.

#2 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

can you alt+tab it away?

#3 Edited by pikahyper (11534 posts) - - Show Bio

@cbishop: can you take a screenshot so the engineers will know which ad is the problem?

#4 Posted by Rorie (832 posts) - - Show Bio

This definitely isn't desired behavior. But yeah, a screenshot of this ad would be handy.

Staff
#5 Posted by cbishop (7193 posts) - - Show Bio

@rorie: @pikahyper: If it pops up again, I'll try to get the shot. It was a car dealership thing.

#6 Edited by pikahyper (11534 posts) - - Show Bio

@cbishop: do you remember about what time it happened and in what timezone? that should help just as much to figure out what ad it was.

#7 Edited by cbishop (7193 posts) - - Show Bio

@pikahyper: I posted this topic just after it happened for the second or third time, so about 4pm EST.

#8 Posted by pikahyper (11534 posts) - - Show Bio

@cbishop: thanks, that should help the engineers.

#9 Edited by cbishop (7193 posts) - - Show Bio

can you alt+tab it away?

Sorry, only saw this today. I'll try it if it happens again.

#10 Edited by pikahyper (11534 posts) - - Show Bio

@cbishop: alt+tab won't work, that changes tabs and the ad is part of your current tab.

#11 Edited by cbishop (7193 posts) - - Show Bio

@pikahyper: @rorie: @warlock360: Just an update. This seems to be fixed, as the pop-up ads are now staying within my screen. (But geez, those are some ginormous ads.)

#12 Posted by Rorie (832 posts) - - Show Bio

@cbishop: If you see anything that really impacts your experience on the site (site slowing down, overlaying content, etc.) please do send it to me in a PM.

Staff
#13 Posted by cbishop (7193 posts) - - Show Bio