Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By FoxxFireArt

URL:

http://www.comicvine.com/profile/foxxfireart/images/

Browser: FireFox

Description:

This isn't really a damaging bug, but something I noticed while browsing down my Images gallery on my profile. As I scrolled down, I noticed some images were repeating even though know I only uploaded them once. I had to stitch together a picture to show you an example of what I was seeing. I also numbered the rows down to give an idea of how far down I was seeing these repeats. I also highlighted the images that were repeating.

No Caption Provided

You can see that almost all the pictures seem to repeat in the same order, except for one. As I examined further, I found a few more repeating around the 21-23 rows.

I tried looking through some other user's image gallerirs. Sometimes I saw repeating images, and sometimes I couldn't. Just to check. I also looked through the images posted by staff, such as Babs and G-Man; and discovered that there were several repeating images. I figured staff would be less likely to upload the same image twice.

As I looked through other user's galleries for this bug, where the repeating images appears seems random, but always the same pictures. I reloaded the web page on these galleries for both my gallery and the user galleries I checked. The repeats always appear to be the same pictures. It seems more like an issue with when these were uploaded and not the browser loading the pictures.

Takashi, Hisashi, and Rei find Wakisaka by Shoji Sato
Takashi, Hisashi, and Rei find Wakisaka by Shoji Sato

I had yet to write a caption on any of these pictures before submitting this bug report, I went to the character galleries where I originally added these images that are repeating, then I wrote a caption for all of them (see an example to the right). When I look back to the All Images section of my profile. This caption can only be seen on one version of these images. The repeat shows no caption, but they appear before in the list of images.

I know I can easily remove these repeating images, but I felt bringing up this bug might help improve things on the site.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By HighAccuser

Bump I'm having this issue as well. some of my images are even missing...

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

I'm having the same issue as well. Hopefully this will be resolved soon.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

Yeah, I'm having the same issue. At this point, I can't upload any images to the gallery until this issue is fixed.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, I never look at my own galleries and I wouldn't have known this was even happening if I hadn't checked out this thread. Yes, a heads up when this is fixed would be great.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heroup2112: It happened when I started uploading images online but in a huge capacity...does that usually happen because they were from my iCloud?

AdmiralLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes this problem has happened to me to.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerevarine_11:

I have no idea why it's happening honestly. All of my images are from online, though I don't have iCloud. What I do though is take the image, save it to a folder on my computer and then upload it onto my CV gallery. I don't know if this makes a difference or not.

Avatar image for ivana_strigidae
Ivana_Strigidae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It has been happening to me as well. Chrome, windows 10 in case that information is relevant/helpful.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually, good point. Mine is Chrome, Windows 10 also.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

Same here, Firefox on Mac (El Capitain)... and Windows 10 on Firefox.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12  Edited By Pyrogram

Chrome, windows 10. Also on Apple products using Chrome.

aspenation_366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Same here on my Windows 10, smartphone with Chrome and even on a game console, but I think the website itself has this problem for days now. You can still add images, but it will still repeats when scrolling down to see more images. Hopefully the owners of Comicvine get this situation fixed.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This problem is still occurring and it's still annoying.

ViperSixteen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Bump. I still have this problem.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

It seems to be fixed. But not all of the images are showing up, sometimes. At the top, the circle keeps rolling, like it's still loading the images.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a794b61068b8
deactivated-5a794b61068b8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whoops, never mind. Looks like that's no longer a problem.