#1 Posted by _Xander_Slade_ (661 posts) - - Show Bio

Mine not only doesn't work but I'm not getting inboxed any replies anymore

#2 Posted by pikahyper (11538 posts) - - Show Bio

@_steel_: need more details, what is it doing and what are you expecting it to do?

I know there is a notification delay, counts are not changing from zero and notifications still showing after being read, these are all know and being worked on.

as for your inbox if you mean your PM inbox its cause system notifications are split off into this new separate system so they show up in your notification timeline instead of inbox. If you mean your email inbox then check your settings page and make sure you have email notifications enabled.

Moderator Online
#3 Posted by _Xander_Slade_ (661 posts) - - Show Bio

@pikahyper: It seems to be working better now, the responses are only delayed instead of not there at all. I understand it's new so I'm just expecting it to tell me when someone replies instead of going directly to my (I did mean PM) inbox. I've seen other notification for blogs too as well though.

#4 Posted by pikahyper (11538 posts) - - Show Bio

@_steel_: eventually I'm hoping that clicking a notification for a reply will go directly to the comment but seeing as how linking to comments hasn't been working out I don't see that happening so for now at least it just goes to your timeline.

Moderator Online
#5 Posted by _Xander_Slade_ (661 posts) - - Show Bio

@pikahyper: Me too but I'll take it as is for now

#6 Posted by JediXMan (29666 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm having issues, as well. My notification is not updating when I read the note. It says 0, but if I hover over the icon, it still shows the previously "read" notification.

#7 Edited by New_Grimm (611 posts) - - Show Bio

@pikahyper: More of a shared opinion than a bug, is there anyway you guys could set wall posts to be inbox messages? Or at least the option to go to both or one

#8 Posted by pikahyper (11538 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman: I mentioned that in my first comment.

Moderator Online
#9 Posted by pikahyper (11538 posts) - - Show Bio

@evander_slade: previously if someone wrote on your wall you did receive a PM with the message in it, if you were not receiving it then you might have had the notification disabled. With the new system wall related stuff switches over to the new notification system, all system related messages have been split off from the inbox to your notifications/timeline so double check your settings page to make sure you have the options set the way you want.

Moderator Online
#10 Posted by New_Grimm (611 posts) - - Show Bio

@pikahyper: Thanks I got it to work. But a few people have been wondering if there was anyway to privately reply wall posts, or if one might be implemented at some point

#11 Posted by pikahyper (11538 posts) - - Show Bio

@evander_slade: I don't see a way, they'd have to move just wall posts back to the inbox and I'm sure that would be very difficult. To me it seems like the new CV is influenced a lot by the features of facebook: cover backgrounds, notifications/inbox, following, etc. and I believe the wall post system has gone that way as well so the wall system is 100% public and only PM's are private.

Moderator Online
#12 Posted by JediXMan (29666 posts) - - Show Bio

I should also mention that I don't seem to be getting notifications - at all - until after I visit the thread where somebody replied to me.

#13 Edited by New_Grimm (611 posts) - - Show Bio

@evander_slade: I don't see a way, they'd have to move just wall posts back to the inbox and I'm sure that would be very difficult. To me it seems like the new CV is influenced a lot by the features of facebook: cover backgrounds, notifications/inbox, following, etc. and I believe the wall post system has gone that way as well so the wall system is 100% public and only PM's are private.

As far as wal posts go if easier social connectivity is the goal, I just don't see it having the same effect. Mayve when the notifications are spotless it'll be different but at the moment it's more like a wall post deterant

#14 Posted by Lady_Liberty (8211 posts) - - Show Bio

@pikahyper: I would like to second Evanders opinion. Right now there is very little reason to wall post.

#15 Posted by pikahyper (11538 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman: there's about a five minute delay, the delay probably increases at night PST which it was when you posted this.

Moderator Online
#16 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not getting notifications period, from posts hours old.

#17 Posted by mrpibb (492 posts) - - Show Bio
Staff
#18 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrpibb: I managed to fix it, actually, by emptying my cache. But thank you. :)

#19 Posted by The Poet (8299 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrpibb: Question: am I supposed to be receiving pms / emails when someone comments on my blog? I'm still getting used to the new pm system, but I thought I had selected the check for emails and pms for personal content, but people are commenting on a blog of mine and I'm not seeing any pms or emails. When they reply me I do get those things, but not when they just comment. Is there something I should be doing?

I'm using chrome btw...

#20 Posted by mrpibb (492 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_poet: currently, I don't believe we autowatch people's own blog posts which means you don't get a notification when a person comments on the blog. This may be a miss and I'll talk to the engineers to see what we can do about adding it in.

Staff
#21 Posted by Amaranth (8210 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't been getting notifications since yesterday.

#22 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3491 posts) - - Show Bio

My notifications seem to update hours after the events occurs. It's impossible to have a conversation with anybody.

#23 Posted by Amaranth (8210 posts) - - Show Bio

My notifications seem to update hours after the events occurs. It's impossible to have a conversation with anybody.

#24 Posted by Fukuro_Zoku (4694 posts) - - Show Bio

@kal_smahboi said:

I was just coming here to say the exact same thing. At least the first part.

#25 Posted by pikahyper (11538 posts) - - Show Bio
Moderator Online
#26 Posted by Fukuro_Zoku (4694 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by BaneStrokeLoboGrundyBatArrow (1391 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah my Inbox or Notifications aren't working

#28 Edited by pikahyper (11538 posts) - - Show Bio

@banestrokelobogrundybatarrow: @_strigidae_: As far as I can tell the notifications are about two hours behind and for some odd reason they are using the current timestamp instead of the timestamp of when the reply was made.

Moderator Online
#29 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@pikahyper: Just curious, I am also having problems with notification, I have not had a Notification showing since 2 days ago, yet people are hitting me up all the time.

How do i clear my Cache? Since you been so helpful these last 2 problems i had. Thanks in advance.

#30 Posted by AweSam (7373 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not getting any notifications at all...

#31 Posted by Mercy_ (92629 posts) - - Show Bio

@pikahyper: I'm not receiving any comment notifications, just wall post ones. Either here or in my email.

#32 Posted by Xenon_ (2577 posts) - - Show Bio

@mercy_ said:

@pikahyper: I'm not receiving any comment notifications, just wall post ones. Either here or in my email.

Seconded.

#33 Posted by Rorie (832 posts) - - Show Bio

Yep, sorry about the nofications. I'm not an engineer, so I'm not really sure the details on when the fixes are going in, but I know all the engineers are aware of it and working on the fixes. It's frustrating to me, too.

Staff
#34 Posted by chasereis (794 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow so many people with same issue as me. That is discouraging.

#35 Edited by Rorie (832 posts) - - Show Bio

Also, be sure to double-check your settings and ensure that the notifications are checked off for everything you want to get - they were consolidated from the older options, so sometimes you may have been opted out of things you used to get. But it definitely looks like some people (including me) aren't getting replies and mention notifications when they have those options selected. All I can say is that we're aware of it and are looking to fix it. Apologies!

Staff