Avatar image for percussionmasta
percussionmasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By percussionmasta

It appears that some data is missing from the database or there is some other problem. I first noticed the issue when trying to scrape data via ComicRack. It behaves the same when searching through the Comic Vine website.

For example, I'm trying to find issues related to the Marvel Ultimate Cataclysm event. Typing "Cataclysm" into the search bar returns absolutely no issues related to the event. Searching for "Ultimate X-Men Cataclysm" does not find any matches for the very recent Marvel series. Here are some other examples of recent books that seem to be non-existent in the database, which I find hard to believe:

• Trinity of Sin - Pandora (Recent DC Series)
  • Origin II (Recent Marvel series)
  • Harley Quinn (Most current DC series)
  • Deadly Class (Recent Image series)

I feel like I'm going to crazy or something. I didn't see anything about this issue on the bug report forum. I'm searching for very recent, mainstream issues and volumes, and they appear to be completely missing from the database. I had found those same volumes and issues in weeks past (because I had scrapped data for prior issues in ComicRack).

Has anyone else experienced this?

percussionmasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I should also note, when I search for just the word "Cataclysm" on the Comic Vine site, I get one page of results (12 total), NONE of which have anything to do with the Ultimate Universe event: not the main book, or the Ultimates, Spider-Man and X-Men tie-in books. That seems very wrong.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: -43

There's a lot of issues with search at the moment that we're looking into.

percussionmasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay, thanks! Just wanted to make sure I wasn't going off the deep end...

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 jslack  Moderator

@percussionmasta: you ARE off the deep end, but yes, search should be fixed up shortly. Thanks for reporting.

percussionmasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey now! :)