Lost Credits/Appearances for Volume/Series pages again...

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#1  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

The top ten lists for credits/appearances for volumes and appearances for series were just emptied out for any volumes/series created after 4/25/2014, that's 3,625 volumes give or take a few and 69 series pages that just lost important data. Add to that the tens of thousands that were emptied out last time this happened and you get a pretty big problem, this is data that the site auto-calculates but these glitches need to stop before we start losing valuable user inputted data that editors put a lot of time and effort in to.

Edit: Any new associations added to issues/episodes since the top ten lists were wiped do show up in the credits/appearances lists but only the newly added values are displayed, again just like last time this happened.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 pikahyper  Moderator

The issue/volume ribbon for Characters/Creators added to the site after 4/25/2014 have also been wiped out again...

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 pikahyper  Moderator
CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

I was just about to report this. Why is this emptying happen? And also do you want me add the information back to the pages? And what do you think the reasoning for the all the glitches lately?

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 pikahyper  Moderator

@crazyscarecrow: no actual data is being lost, it is just auto calculated data that pulls from other aspects of the wiki. I honestly don't know what is causing it as the engineers will not disclose that info other then to say its cause of limitations with the platform that will be addressed in the next version of the platform that was due to be released like at the beginning of 2014. If it is the platform I guess it is possible that it can only store so many of those credit/appearance values and when there are too many it drops the most recent ones and starts over or something to that effect, I don't think it is database corruption as that shouldn't hit things so specifically date-wise but whatever it is it is annoying and not the first time this has specifically happened.

all the recent glitches may be side-effects of them working on the site but I dunno, last I heard they were busy on another site so we shouldn't be randomly getting glitches.

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper: Interesting and thanks for sharing! Sorry if I came off as annoying or anything. I wonder what the new site will be centered on.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 pikahyper  Moderator

@crazyscarecrow: it didn't come off as anything, no worries, what to you mean centered on? we already have the new site, the platform is what the site is built on and what was supposed to be out already is just a new version of the platform with a rewritten wiki engine that is more suited to CV's much larger size, the platform can handle GB and GS but not CV. I've been told that the current platform was built for CV since we were larger but I don't think that's 100% accurate cause if it was we wouldn't have had as many problems from day one as we have and the performance wouldn't be as atrocious.

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By CrazyScarecrow

@pikahyper: By new site I thought you meant Whiskey Media was working on another website. Comic Vine is centered around comics, Giant Bomb is centered around video games, I thought by new site you meant another website. Though I understand now.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 pikahyper  Moderator

@crazyscarecrow: ah, Whiskey Media no longer exists, we are owned by CBSi.

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper: Ah I see. I feel kinda ashamed of myself that I am so out of the current info.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 pikahyper  Moderator

@crazyscarecrow: eh who owns the site is not that big a deal to most people so it's common to not know.