#1 Posted by SSJDarthPlagueis (2574 posts) - - Show Bio

I keep on losing serve to CV, slow loading too, and uploading pictures aren't showing up.

#2 Posted by CutthroatBitch (730 posts) - - Show Bio

You are not alone.

#3 Posted by Wardishy (1015 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah the past few hours the site's either been loading slow or not at all, I had problems editing a post of mine too, had to submit the edit like 3 or 4 times before it went through.

In fact this post took several attempts.

#5 Posted by Inner_Demon (1929 posts) - - Show Bio

My guess is the site's being "scraped" again; that seems to be a recurring issue, lately.

#6 Posted by Xwraith (23248 posts) - - Show Bio

My guess is the site's being "scraped" again; that seems to be a recurring issue, lately.

That's what I was thinking.

#7 Edited by pikahyper (13195 posts) - - Show Bio

This feels different then the CV scrapper, going to any page will result in the page timing out, in chrome the error message is ERR_CONNECTION_RESET, usually if the page is refreshed it will load eventually but not always.

#8 Posted by pikahyper (13195 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like it is back to normal.

#9 Posted by Rorie (963 posts) - - Show Bio

There was an issue that was severe enough to cause site performance issues but apparently not bad enough to cause automated texts and pages to the engineers who were on call. We'll look into making those warnings more sensitive to make sure this stuff actually wakes up an engineer when it happens in the future.

Staff
#10 Posted by Nordok (1263 posts) - - Show Bio

Guess what?

It's happening again.

#11 Posted by Sovereign91001 (5142 posts) - - Show Bio

Ditto.

#12 Posted by ShadowSwordmaster (17609 posts) - - Show Bio

Glad I'm not the only one then.

#13 Edited by Fhiz (482 posts) - - Show Bio

@nordok said:

Guess what?

It's happening again.

Now that made me laugh. But yeah... slowness.

In general, can I ask what "scraped" is? I know that might not be the case, but I've just seen the term thrown around a couple of times and have no idea what it means.

#14 Posted by TehStranger (902 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought something was wrong too since I loaded anything else just fine, but this site is loading really slow

#15 Posted by mrpibb (502 posts) - - Show Bio

sorry guys, had to ban another api key. Pretty much, some of users are using our public api to populate comic book library information. For small collections it's not a problem. The issue is where somebody decides they want their entire marvel collection populated in under 1 hour (and do it on a day that the staff isn't in the office).

#16 Edited by Pyrogram (41884 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrpibb: Maybe translate that jargon for the common person :P

#17 Posted by pikahyper (13195 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by Zaniel (814 posts) - - Show Bio

@pikahyper: Thanks, I get that. Damn selfish user!

#19 Posted by pikahyper (13195 posts) - - Show Bio

@zaniel: to be fair they probably don't know it is happening but it is an annoyance that seems to happen a couple times a week now :/

#20 Posted by Zaniel (814 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Edited by pikahyper (13195 posts) - - Show Bio

@zaniel: there should probably be a message about it on the API key page so users see the message when they get a key, that's probably the only thing that would be seen unless the ComicRack user is also a regular member in the community who happens to come in BR and sees the threads.

#22 Posted by Lady_Liberty (8439 posts) - - Show Bio

They have a thread on their bug forum about their API not working/being banned. I'll make an account there and tell them they're crashing CV.

#23 Posted by pikahyper (13195 posts) - - Show Bio

@lady_liberty: pretty sure they already know, the guy that works on the CV scraper is here a lot.

#24 Posted by Lady_Liberty (8439 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Edited by jslack (80 posts) - - Show Bio

@pikahyper: We're working on a new API, that will have rate/limit information available for users.

Staff