Last Reply Not Showing

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#1 BumpyBoo  Moderator

This has happened a few times now, last night and again today. It isn't with every topic, just one every so often. What happens is, I get a notification to say someone has replied. In the forum view, it says that they were the last person to reply to the thread. But when I click on it, the reply is not there on the thread itself, if that makes sense. It will even show up on that person's activity and forum history, but not on the topic itself :( Weird, right? I have cleared my cache and tried different browsers, but it doesn't seem to help.

Tech specs:

Operating System

Microsoft Windows XP

Web Browser

Chrome 29.0.1547.57

Javascript

Enabled

Flash Version

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#2  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator
BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BumpyBoo  Moderator

@pikahyper: They definitely weren't, usually within about fifteen minutes the thread "catches up" and all the posts appear again as normal.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

@bumpyboo: ah that is a propagation problem, CV uses multiple servers and the data has to replicate to all of them so sometimes stuff doesn't show up right away on all of them. So like if someone posts using server A it has to copy over to server B and C so if another user is accessing it on B before it is mirrored they see nothing even though it exists on A. The site slows down a lot on the weekends so it makes sense that sometimes you wouldn't see stuff.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BumpyBoo  Moderator

@pikahyper: Ah right, that actually makes a lot of sense! Thanks very much for explaining it, I'll stop worrying now :)

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 pikahyper  Moderator

@bumpyboo: The engineers keep bringing more servers online and tweaking stuff so I'm sure it will improve, I used to see this a lot in the wiki and lists but that eventually went away.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BumpyBoo  Moderator

@pikahyper: Bless 'em, I know they have a lot to do around here. Can't be easy for them when things go wrong, this being such a large site with so much information contained in it. I guess it is just a matter of patience :)

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 pikahyper  Moderator