#1 Edited by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

I am in the middle of a conversation with someone and I can't tell if they're online or if they left. If they aren't here, I'm not going to sit here and wait for a response. I can't see the area where it says if users are online or offline anymore. Is there a new section for this? Or is it just gone? If so, that is a HUGE bummer.

And if I see a user online that I want to talk to, I want to make sure they're online. I don't want to wait years to figure out if they're showing up or not.

What's up with that?

#2 Edited by Tacos_Kickass (844 posts) - - Show Bio

I know if you scroll over their avatar it will tell you if they are online.

#3 Edited by Rorie (886 posts) - - Show Bio

Are you talking about the notification that shows up on the right side of the box when posting on the forums? If so, it looks like it's working for me:

Or is this an issue with PMs?

Staff
#4 Posted by pikahyper (12433 posts) - - Show Bio

@rorie: the user is talking about this, it is the same thing I asked you about the other day, the number was how many people the user is following that were currently online, mousing over that would drop down a menu that showed which specific users are online, it was always a very important aspect of this site and the community is suffering without it.

#5 Posted by Myrmidon_ (5082 posts) - - Show Bio

@rorie: the user is talking about this, it is the same thing I asked you about the other day, the number was how many people the user is following that were currently online, mousing over that would drop down a menu that showed which specific users are online, it was always a very important aspect of this site and the community is suffering without it.

Seconded.

#6 Posted by BumpyBoo (10061 posts) - - Show Bio

I absolutely agree. Do we know if it will ever be back?

#7 Edited by Myrmidon_ (5082 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by pikahyper (12433 posts) - - Show Bio

@anthony_stark: @bumpyboo: maybe not, I remember when the new site first went up the whole following system was down because of performance issues, it was going to go back up a week later and then two weeks later and nothing was mentioned again, after two weeks though is when we got that little online badge when hovering over avatars so I'm thinking maybe they traded our old system for this and the two features are not equal, this current one is a huge step back, I'm hoping if enough users chime in we can get back the old system.

Or I'm wrong and it is still disabled for performance reasons.

#9 Posted by Myrmidon_ (5082 posts) - - Show Bio

@pikahyper: This is a massive step-back, It has killed player activity compare the past IMO

#10 Posted by pikahyper (12433 posts) - - Show Bio

@anthony_stark: agreed, I rarely talk to anyone I know anymore cause I never know if they are on, just feels like I'm alone on the site most of the time.

#11 Edited by Myrmidon_ (5082 posts) - - Show Bio

@pikahyper: Indeed, If it was back...damn, The site would be perfect xD

#12 Posted by pikahyper (12433 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by Myrmidon_ (5082 posts) - - Show Bio

@pikahyper: Perfect relative to how bad it is now ;P

#14 Posted by BumpyBoo (10061 posts) - - Show Bio

@anthony_stark: agreed, I rarely talk to anyone I know anymore cause I never know if they are on, just feels like I'm alone on the site most of the time.

Thanks for the reply, and the above is exactly how I feel too, kinda cut off from everyone. Hopefully, as you say if enough people make enough noise then they may reconsider, because at the moment it is a nightmare trying to keep track of everyone V_V

#15 Posted by Rorie (886 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure why this was removed in the redesign, but feature requests are probably going to take a back seat to bug fixes at this point. I can add this to the list of feature requests, though.

Staff
#16 Edited by Amaranth (8210 posts) - - Show Bio

@pikahyper said:

Seconded.

This has really damaged site activity. I know everyone is focused on bugs and that's great but this is more important. People are leaving because of this.