#1 Edited by pikahyper (10353 posts) - - Show Bio

It has been happening a ton tonight, past eight hours at least, and it has been happening most nights but not nearly as bad as tonight. New image uploads are usually erroring out during upload (upload failed try again error) or after while the image is being processed and resized, it takes multiple attempts to upload just about any image.

Once images are added refreshing just shows empty image holders most of the time, refreshing doesn't help so it just usually takes 30-90 seconds and the image will appear. Images are also having trouble loading when creating new thumbnails while browsing a volumes issues in the grid, viewing the issue ribbon, the browse pages, the small thumbnail in search is taking a while to update for changed default images and galleries are loading slowly most likely cause of the new thumbnail creation, some times they load empty with just viewable html/css elements, when gallery images do load if there are too many it won't go past 30.

Probably has something to do with replication server to server or the image processor is lagging.

#2 Posted by FoxxFireArt (3536 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm having similar issues. In some cases, the pictures don't upload at all.

#3 Edited by Rorie (704 posts) - - Show Bio

Paging @ltsquigs. Know we've been having some server issues this morning, but it may have been resolved. This still happening now?

Staff Online
#4 Edited by pikahyper (10353 posts) - - Show Bio

@rorie: Haven't tried yet but I'll give it a go in a couple hours.

#5 Posted by Antonia (2229 posts) - - Show Bio

Also had this.

#6 Posted by pikahyper (10353 posts) - - Show Bio

@rorie: just got around to adding some images and it is happening again, I think this is mainly an issue at night PST.

#7 Posted by Antonia (2229 posts) - - Show Bio

@pikahyper: What's PST? Is that like right now? Because it's 12 AM right now where I am. And earlier today (somewhere around 1:00-2:30 PM), I was having problems with it, as well as....around 6:45 in the AM.

And sometimes problems don't seem to occur when uploading, but then when you attempt to post them to a thread or somewhere, you get the broken image symbol.

#8 Posted by pikahyper (10353 posts) - - Show Bio

@antonia: My report is for the wiki, all the forum based stuff is most likely on a different server.

#9 Edited by Antonia (2229 posts) - - Show Bio

@pikahyper: I have no idea how most of this technical stuff works, so okay, I will just take your word.

#10 Edited by wildvine (7149 posts) - - Show Bio

Happening to me too. May I suggest an official image bug thread? Since the issue is recurring?

#11 Posted by Antonia (2229 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel like it's getting worse. It used to be that I tried to upload once and I could expect an error, but on the second try, things would work out alright. Now it's gotten to the point where I have to try two or more times before finally getting it.

#12 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19489 posts) - - Show Bio

Yesterday the images wouldn't load sometimes, but now they're loading. There is sometimes the image of the picture loading and/or not being able to load (in side-to-side image format), but if you post the image is able to load anyways.

#13 Edited by pikahyper (10353 posts) - - Show Bio

Well guess it isn't just a night time thing, just had it happen right now and it is 2:30pm :/

#14 Posted by wildvine (7149 posts) - - Show Bio

Its happening to me. 3:12 PM as of this post

#15 Posted by Mr_Ingenuity (6355 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm having similar issues. In some cases, the pictures don't upload at all.

This.

#16 Posted by Rorie (704 posts) - - Show Bio

We're having a lot of server issues today, unfortunately. I'm having a bunch of trouble on the backend as well, so it's not just user image uploads. Unfortunately we have a lot of engineers out sick, so it may not resolve itself today; hopefully we can get people to look into it all tomorrow morning. Sorry for the trouble.

Staff Online
#17 Posted by pikahyper (10353 posts) - - Show Bio

for those of you who you can't upload an image at all keep trying, it may take 5-10 times but it will eventually upload, I've uploaded almost 500 images today and had trouble with almost all of them but eventually they all did get added so just keep trying until things get fixed.

#18 Edited by Lvenger (16017 posts) - - Show Bio

@pikahyper: I was just about to report this when I saw this thread. Uploading images in posts such as in the battle forums is troublesome since when I post the URL of the image, it doesn't seem to upload the actual picture.

#19 Posted by pikahyper (10353 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: just keep trying, image processing is still having problems.

#20 Posted by Lvenger (16017 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by pikahyper (10353 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like it may be fixed or just caught up, haven't had any errors in hours.

#22 Edited by X35 (5972 posts) - - Show Bio

Images are all over the place for me... like schizophrenic... i uploaded about 40 images and now they keep moving order in galleries like it'll be image 1 and image 2 but then on reload image 2 and image 1... but with 40 or so images it's worse.......

and when I go into previous uploads/search the site, this is even happening when i scroll down and have to load the next batch and because they're not locked in place some images wind up showing twice or more because for whatever reason they're no longer ordered...

hard to explain, these pictures were taken seconds apart after refreshing the same gallery:

and these are my previous uploads again seconds apart:

and here's what i mean that when it loads the next batch random images will load again because they're not locked in any order after a batch upload:

#23 Posted by ImpurestCheese (3548 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm still having the Server Error Message pop up when I try to upload images. I assume that this is the place to report it.

#24 Posted by X35 (5972 posts) - - Show Bio

@x35 said:

Images are all over the place for me... like schizophrenic... i uploaded about 40 images and now they keep moving order in galleries like it'll be image 1 and image 2 but then on reload image 2 and image 1... but with 40 or so images it's worse.......

and when I go into previous uploads/search the site, this is even happening when i scroll down and have to load the next batch and because they're not locked in place some images wind up showing twice or more because for whatever reason they're no longer ordered...

hard to explain, these pictures were taken seconds apart after refreshing the same gallery:

and here's what i mean that when it loads the next batch random images will load again because they're not locked in any order after a batch upload:

is this ever going to be fixed?

nevermind. wishful thinking. it's nearly been a year since anyone could even edit the spider-man page -_-

#25 Posted by Rorie (704 posts) - - Show Bio

@x35: The image upload stuff is still in the bug queue; sorry, I know it's annoying.

Staff Online
#26 Posted by fesak (6994 posts) - - Show Bio

I keep getting the Internal Server Error message anytime i try to upload images since updating to the latest version of firefox.

#27 Edited by Fukuro_Zoku (4622 posts) - - Show Bio

@x35 said:

@x35 said:

is this ever going to be fixed?

nevermind. wishful thinking. it's nearly been a year since anyone could even edit the spider-man page -_-

Oh! Yeah! This! I've had this, to my knowledge, since the update, but I wasn't sure how to explain it. Definitely this.

-- --

Also, sometimes my gallery gets mixed up, and images show up in a gallery that I didn't put them in. And others that I did put in don't show up there, but show up elsewhere.