#1 Edited by terry2012 (5223 posts) - - Show Bio

I been having problems of signing out of my account. I know this new version of comicvine. But I can't find where to log out of the site. Can you please help me?

#2 Edited by Ellie_Knightfall (4819 posts) - - Show Bio

Hover over your username and click 'logout'

If that doesn't work, go here and click 'log out' on the top left.

#3 Posted by Saren (25682 posts) - - Show Bio

Youcanneverleaveeveryouwillstaywithusforever.

Hover over your username and click 'logout'

If that doesn't work, go here and click 'log out' on the top left.

Or this.

#4 Posted by Ellie_Knightfall (4819 posts) - - Show Bio

If you're on the mobile site you're screwed, though. Logout's broken (as I found out on my main).

@citizenbane: You worry me sometimes.

#5 Posted by Lvenger (20039 posts) - - Show Bio

@ellie_knightfall:What? Your link doesn't work on the mobile version? But I haven't figured out how to log out of my mobile CV account yet. Damn it all

#6 Edited by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

If you have a space between your name. I.E Supreme Marvel. You need to put the _ in it. Now I have to log in with Supreme_Marvel.

#7 Edited by Vance Astro (91238 posts) - - Show Bio

No shade, but logging in should have been the FIRST thing that was done right. Supreme Marvel is right, I had to put a space in my name to log on, but since I had to make a new account to even see it and my new account wasn't activated until this morning mysteriously because for some reason my confirmation e-mail for my new account was a damn link to giantbomb, it took me all day to get back on..and this thing is hella buggy.

#8 Edited by Vance Astro (91238 posts) - - Show Bio

A few complaints on facebook on the Comicvine page too. New users have no idea what's going on and can't really tell anyone about it.

#9 Edited by LtSquigs (189 posts) - - Show Bio

There are multiple reasons the login stuff has been kind of messed up, a combination of how the old system stored information and how we are required to store it and interactive with CBS Interactives systems (we're required to use their central login system along with ours). Unfortunately this has caused quite a few bugs, we're really sorry but were trying to iron them out as fast as possible.

Staff
#10 Posted by terry2012 (5223 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by Ellie_Knightfall (4819 posts) - - Show Bio

@terry2012: Are you on your phone/tablet/other mobile device? If so, you're on the mobile site (which apparently does not have a way to log out at the moment).

#12 Posted by terry2012 (5223 posts) - - Show Bio

@ltsquigs: Okay, thanks, but I have this on going problem and is the reason why I can not sign out.

My page doesn't load correctly. It loads up similar but completely different. It looks like the new set up for the site, but not exactly. I been having trouble since yesterday. I can sign in, but can't sign out. I found the reason why I could not sign out of comic vine and the reason why, is because it not exactly the same set up( new set up). It took me awhile to find out why. I had to go to giantbomb.com and that when I realize comic vine have the same set up as them.

But all I see is the comicvine logo in the center at the top of the page, and to the left of it (which is to your right) is a big search bar and to the right (which is to your left) is the thing that youtube use on the side of the videos(which is to your left) where you click it and it drops down a menu with your user name, watch history, watch later, playlist, what to watch, My subscriptions, social, and underneath it it shows your subscribers that you subscribe to.

I click on it and it shows me my inbox and far to the right (which is to your left) my icon, user name with the arrow key pointing down. I thought that where I sign out and me having a problem was just a fuss and nothing more. But when I move over it to wait for the drop down but nothing happen. I need your help( to fix this) to help me fix this, or is it just the site not responding correctly? Help me Please?

P.S. Thanks for the help in advance. Much appreciate.

#13 Edited by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio

@terry2012: I know its a silly question and may not help at all, but have you tried clearing your cache and cookies, closing and restarting your browser?

#14 Edited by terry2012 (5223 posts) - - Show Bio

@gambler: Yes I have clearing my cache and cookies twice, but I have not restarting my browser. Let me try that.

#15 Posted by terry2012 (5223 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by LtSquigs (189 posts) - - Show Bio

@terry2012: Are you on a phone? Or is your screen resolution very small.

Staff
#17 Edited by terry2012 (5223 posts) - - Show Bio

No I'm not on a phone. No my resolution is not small .Probably post it too big, let me try to make it smaller

That exactly how it looks.

#18 Edited by terry2012 (5223 posts) - - Show Bio

@ltsquigs: I'm on the computer. No my resolution is not very small.

#19 Edited by drgnx (3564 posts) - - Show Bio

What browser?

#20 Posted by terry2012 (5223 posts) - - Show Bio

@drgnx: The most recent up to date browser from Fireforx. I think it is 19.0.2

#21 Edited by drgnx (3564 posts) - - Show Bio

okay so you got the mobile version of the page on the desktop browser. Try IE (I know the horror) see if you get the same screen.

Also try firefox with no addon's by holding left "shift" while you click it and choosing to go to safe mode. (you will need to close firefox first)

#22 Posted by ShadeKing (10 posts) - - Show Bio

No shade, but logging in should have been the FIRST thing that was done right. Supreme Marvel is right, I had to put a space in my name to log on, but since I had to make a new account to even see it and my new account wasn't activated until this morning mysteriously because for some reason my confirmation e-mail for my new account was a damn link to giantbomb, it took me all day to get back on..and this thing is hella buggy.

i would like to give you 2,000 invisible dollars for speaking the d*mn truth. i've been locked out SINCE the site switched over, and i have no clue as to how i can get back on. i feel like i'm in line at the dmv. if someone doesn't do something in order to fix the e-mail password reset problem, then ya'll can just start throwing cases at me, cause i guarantee that i'm gonna catch em, ALONG with the one that i already got, opened, and am now unleashing. i can't even focus on the positives of this layout until my ish gets corrected

#23 Posted by Ellie_Knightfall (4819 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a prevailing issue on the mobile site. Unable to log out of my Mercy account there.

#24 Posted by Vance Astro (91238 posts) - - Show Bio

@vance_astro said:

i would like to give you 2,000 invisible dollars for speaking the d*mn truth. i've been locked out SINCE the site switched over, and i have no clue as to how i can get back on. i feel like i'm in line at the dmv. if someone doesn't do something in order to fix the e-mail password reset problem, then ya'll can just start throwing cases at me, cause i guarantee that i'm gonna catch em, ALONG with the one that i already got, opened, and am now unleashing. i can't even focus on the positives of this layout until my ish gets corrected

Now that's it's been explained to me what the problem is with logging in, especially for older accounts. I get it now. I understand. Also I believe the issue with creating new accounts has been resolved because I made a new account.

#25 Posted by terry2012 (5223 posts) - - Show Bio

I still have the same problem.

#26 Posted by Mercy_ (92708 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm still unable to lot out on the mobile site, as well.

#28 Edited by terry2012 (5223 posts) - - Show Bio

@mercy_: This still have not been resolve.

#29 Posted by Aiden Cross (15569 posts) - - Show Bio

I can log out of the mobile site by going through my options on the Iphone.

Go to Settings > Safari > advanced > website date > then you can either choose to delete all website data (will log you out everywhere) or just look for comicvine in the list and delete that.

It's a crappy way, i admit. But it does work.

#30 Posted by Mercy_ (92708 posts) - - Show Bio

@aiden_cross: there's another way that may be easier.

@mercy_: This still have not been resolve.

go to https://auth.comicvine.com/login/

up at the top left corner you'll see your account and in yellow 'manage my account'. Next to that is the option to log out.

#31 Posted by Aiden Cross (15569 posts) - - Show Bio

@mercy_: show-off. I was all happy i found a work around...

#32 Posted by Mercy_ (92708 posts) - - Show Bio

@aiden_cross: It wasn't showing off, I'd been desperate lol

#33 Edited by terry2012 (5223 posts) - - Show Bio

@mercy_: Never Mind I figure it out. I had to change my zoom in and out. some how it got like that with out me doing so. But all is well, it's all good.