I can't access my account :(

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I first joined comicvine in March of 2010. I had trouble with my email address and suddenly could no longer get onto my account. Once comicvine made the switch I could no longer login for some reason. I created this account and basically gave up my old one since my old email was acting spastic. Now I've recently fixed the original email and would like to utilize my old account for a friend. My problem is I can not log in to my WhiteLantern#1 account. I logged out of this account and used the password reset that was sent to my (old) email account. Comicvine sent me a link that doesn't work. I've tried it from 2 separate laptops, my cell phone and my girlfriend's tried it from her computer in her apartment under a different network. Once you click the link, it loads completely but nothings there. Just a white screen. Now when I try it, it just brings me to comicvine.com PLEASE HELP ME!! :-(

The account in question : WhiteLantern#1

If any staff see this and need any information to help me I can tell you anything you need to know regarding the account or email.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#2 pikahyper  Moderator
rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: -43

#3  Edited By rorie

@supermanwithatan01: Hey, I think I figured out the problem with the other account and have sent a password reset to the email associated with it.

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: I received 2 emails with 2 sepatarate passwords and neither worked it says the username or password is incorrect.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

@supermanwithatan01: @rorie: the pound sign may be the problem, something may be trying to use a pound sign instead of the entity code, that could make the reset not work.

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper: yeah for some reason on here when I click the profile it shows up and an _ instead of a #. I tried using both with both passwords to no avail.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 pikahyper  Moderator

@supermanwithatan01: well I mainly meant with the reset link you are being emailed, I'm not sure how the string is generated but it probably includes your username in some form be it text or numbers and when clicked that translates into something so it might be an incorrect link cause of the pound.

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 pikahyper  Moderator

@supermanwithatan01: dunno, not even sure if that is the case, if I'm right though it would need to be something done on the engineers side.

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper: lol i knew it had to be dumb of me to put "#" in my name. That it would, no doubt, eventually come back to bite me. Thanks for your help. I guess I'll wait and see what the staff/engineers want to do.

mrpibb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mrpibb

@supermanwithatan01: try now, had to clean up some duplication. # should work, though you need to change it to a _ to log in.

Avatar image for dylannichiporuk
dylannichiporuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: please help I cant login mine either and the reset link don't work my email is dylannichiporuk@gmail.com

Avatar image for dylannichiporuk
dylannichiporuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper: I cant access mine either my email for my login is Dylannichiporuk@gmail.com

GIadiatrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't log into one of my accounts either.

Trinity-Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers