This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by bannedGeist (3 posts) - - Show Bio

This isn't fair...some of my friends told me that now their accounts on ComicVine are banned too and all they did was go to GiantBomb and start creating a bunch of topics and bumping threads? It was only a forum invasion. They were all banned and no one even gave them a warning or talked to them or anything. Now their ComicVine accounts are banned too and everyone was told they had to email Matt Rorie to see if he would do anything about it.

I just checked my account and its definitely banned here, I had to create this one just to post this. WTF>. Do you think Rorie will be mad???? I want my account back :(

#2 Posted by pikahyper (12172 posts) - - Show Bio

@bannedgeist: what did you expect to happen when a group of users made a conscious decision to as you put it "invade" the forums of GB? Actions have consequences.

As this is not an actual bug please do not bring Geist drama into this forum again.

#3 Edited by bannedGeist (3 posts) - - Show Bio

its not drama this is a serious issue i have had my other account a long time and it has thousands of posts now its gone and i didnt even do anything here! can you please unban all of the geists

#4 Posted by JakeN7 (12451 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not aware of any CV accounts being banned, but I heard that @theacidskull's GB account was banned for no reason.

Some of the geists were spamming and deserved to be banned (albeit a warning would have been nice), but some were breaking no rules, providing thought-provoking discussions, and were still banned.

#5 Edited by Saren (25679 posts) - - Show Bio

That sounds tough. Good luck.

#6 Posted by Dernman (15096 posts) - - Show Bio

#7 Posted by Transformers1024 (1918 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by Saren (25679 posts) - - Show Bio

TheAcidSkull is not banned on CV. Nor would he be.

#9 Posted by JakeN7 (12451 posts) - - Show Bio

@bannedgeist: We're you one of the geists who invaded GB?

Your thousands-of-posts account, is that on CV or GB? What's the username?

#10 Posted by JakeN7 (12451 posts) - - Show Bio

@saren: Didn't think so, thanks for the clarification. He was banned on GB though just for replying to one of the GB geist's comments. That Acidskull had about 50 posts or so, so not a big deal, but still frustrating for him I'm sure.

#11 Posted by Transformers1024 (1918 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait, I thought we couldn't make Geist threads anymore?

#12 Edited by bannedGeist (3 posts) - - Show Bio

Now every single Geist that is on the roster on our official wikia page has been banned on giantbomb as well as some of our alts on giantbomb :(

all the leaders, all the members, everyone

#13 Posted by pikahyper (12172 posts) - - Show Bio

Actions have consequences.