#1 Edited by King Hyperion (3714 posts) - - Show Bio

Whenever I try to edit a character page like Silver Sonic or an issue page like Sonic the Hedgehog #1 and try to save my edits, a message saying "Dude, you can't leave this empty!" message pops up. I am pretty sure it is referring to the little comment box that updates the Mods or whomever of what changes a person below 1000 points has made to a page but even if I write something down in the comment box and try to save the changes then the message still pops up again. This only seems to happen on certain pages though but it is still incredibly annoying. Oh and in case anyone needs to know, I use Mozilla Firefox.

#2 Edited by Rorie (903 posts) - - Show Bio

Have you tried editing these pages in another browser? (Not suggesting that as a fix, just curious if it's a problem specific to Firefox.)

I just managed to push a small test edit to Silver Sonic in Chrome, so I'm not sure it's an issue with the page itself. If you can give me a few more pages that this happens on, I can pass it along to the engineers.

Staff
#3 Edited by King Hyperion (3714 posts) - - Show Bio

@rorie said:

Have you tried editing these pages in another browser? (Not suggesting that as a fix, just curious if it's a problem specific to Firefox.)

I just managed to push a small test edit to Silver Sonic in Chrome, so I'm not sure it's an issue with the page itself. If you can give me a few more pages that this happens on, I can pass it along to the engineers.

I'll check to see if it does the same on Internet Explorer and then look for other pages that have the same problem. Currently, Silver Sonic and Sonic the Hedgehog #1 are the only pages I can remember, but I know there are many more.

Update: Using Internet Explorer, I was able to edit the Silver Sonic page.

Update #2: the Sonic the Hedgehog #1 page still gives the same message when I try to edit it in Explorer.

#4 Posted by pikahyper (12697 posts) - - Show Bio
Moderator Online
#5 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

It might be because you're leaving the main text area empty - at least that's what has happened with me in the past.

#6 Posted by pikahyper (12697 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_hyperion: stab in the dark it is the 1993 one right? the one with no description, the reason you are getting the "Dude, you can't leave this empty!" error is cause you are leaving the description empty, the description text area is a required field technically, in Chrome we don't see that because a space is automatically added to all empty description fields but in Firefox it doesn't, add a space to the description box (not the deck) and it will go through, give it a try.

Moderator Online
#7 Posted by King Hyperion (3714 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_hyperion: stab in the dark it is the 1993 one right? the one with no description, the reason you are getting the "Dude, you can't leave this empty!" error is cause you are leaving the description empty, the description text area is a required field technically, in Chrome we don't see that because a space is automatically added to all empty description fields but in Firefox it doesn't, add a space to the description box (not the deck) and it will go through, give it a try.

Indeed, it was the 1993 one and...your idea worked! Phew...I thought I was going to have to switch over to Internet Explorer to do all of my editing. I hate Internet Explorer, too slow. Anyway, thanks for the solution.

#8 Posted by pikahyper (12697 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_hyperion: np, it is just a quirk of the new text editor and the required fields.

Moderator Online