#1 Posted by Frozen (13413 posts) - - Show Bio

Every time I try to delete a certain post of mine it says ''__ minutes remaining'' - what does it mean?

#2 Posted by Catriona_Knightfall (987 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozen: I think they added a new feature on of users not being able to delete posts after a certain length of time (four minutes), and that popup is an indicator saying that you have no time left to delete your post, and are therefore unable to.

#3 Posted by Frozen (13413 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by Catriona_Knightfall (987 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozen: I have no idea. I would assume that it would be so that people couldn't delete their comments before the moderators had a chance to moderate them (in the case of rule breaking), but mods can see deleted comments regardless.

The other reasoning I could think of is that people deleting comments was a reason they were saying threads weren't jumping to the last page when you clicked into them (I believe), and this is a way to limit that and perhaps circumvent the problem?

It's probable that @pikahyper knows more about this than me.

#5 Posted by pikahyper (12178 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Edited by Pyrogram (38539 posts) - - Show Bio

@pikahyper: Makes me sad to hear, they broke you! D:

#7 Edited by Rorie (877 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrogram: @pikahyper: @catriona_knightfall: @frozen: @frozen:

This issue is probably my fault; apparently GameSpot did not previously feature any support for users to delete their posts and implemented this feature to give users over there a limited window to delete double posts or other problematic posts. They asked me if I wanted to roll out the same functionality on CV and I said sure; since I always have staff access to delete posts, I didn't even realize that users on GB and CV have always had the ability to delete posts, so I interpreted this as a benefit rather than a restriction of what we previously allowed. I'm a dummy sometimes, so apologies for that.

I'll discuss this with the the engineers and see about either removing the restriction or at least increasing the timer on this to a very large amount to make it less punitive. In the meantime, feel free to send a PM to the mods if you need a post deleted.

Staff
#8 Posted by pikahyper (12178 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Edited by Transformers1024 (1937 posts) - - Show Bio

@rorie: Or, you know... you could just give us our freedom back to let us be the judges of when we delete our posts if we choose not to have a certain post displayed... That's a total restriction on our part; regardless if you increase the timer or not.

#10 Posted by Rorie (877 posts) - - Show Bio
Staff
#11 Edited by Dragonborn_CT (22334 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd rather have this thing removed entirely. There was no need to add an timer to delete our posts.

#12 Posted by Renchamp (2397 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by dagmar_merrill (8697 posts) - - Show Bio

@rorie: Hey, so when do you think the timer will be gone?

#14 Edited by animehunter (1979 posts) - - Show Bio

Please bring back the delete button

#15 Edited by animehunter (1979 posts) - - Show Bio

Please bring back the delete button

#16 Posted by Rorie (877 posts) - - Show Bio

@dagmar_merrill: It's in the works for this milestone and hopefully won't be too hard to implement. Beyond that the engineers decide the order they do things in, but hopefully soon.

Staff
#17 Posted by Pyrogram (38539 posts) - - Show Bio

@rorie: You can't un-delete posts anymore if you accidentally delete them! That's annoying >_>

#18 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (22334 posts) - - Show Bio

A week later...

#19 Posted by Dreadpool10 (1001 posts) - - Show Bio

*Sigh*

I can't bump one of my threads do to the whole Delete Timer thing. See, in one of my threads, I currently have the 'Too many post in a row' thing, so I'm trying to delete the last post I made on the thread.

However, do to the delete timer of course, I can't... :(

#20 Posted by Knightsofdarkness2 (2363 posts) - - Show Bio

The whole timer thing seriously sucks IMO.

#21 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (22334 posts) - - Show Bio

At least an month-long timer was added now which makes things better than just an 5 minute long timer, but still really silly we can't no longer delete our posts whenever we wanted >_>

#22 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11626 posts) - - Show Bio

At least an month-long timer was added now which makes things better than just an 5 minute long timer, but still really silly we can't no longer delete our posts whenever we wanted >_>

Fact is, we shouldn't have a limit on when we can delete posts. I don't even see the point in that. Stupid rule is stupid.

#23 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (22334 posts) - - Show Bio

@dragonborn_ct said:

Fact is, we shouldn't have a limit on when we can delete posts. I don't even see the point in that. Stupid rule is stupid.

Absolutely. No argument from me.