CV thinks I'm a Mod in a certain thread?

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

In this thread http://www.comicvine.com/profile/mitran/blog/galan-part-3-of-3/96145/#js-message-11294622 (sorry for copy/paste, I'm on mobile) and that thread only, there's a 'Moderate' button to the right of my usual 'Reply Quote Edit Delete' row of buttons. I clicked it out of curiosity, which opened a sidebar with four buttons reading 'Email,' 'Spam,' 'Offensive/Illegal content,' and 'Harassment/Disruptive posting' and a search bar with the word 'Other...' written in it. Not sure what's going on. I can upload a screenshot if asked to prove this.

Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 14

#2 Icarusflies  Moderator

@rulerofthisuniverse: That's a flag button I think. I wouldn't worry about it. That's what shows up when I look at it, and we mods don't actually have a moderate button there. Probably glitchy code.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Go on a banning spree!!!!

RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam: Say goodbye to all the Geists....MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam: Say goodbye to all the Geists....MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

I was actually going to say "ban all the Geists". Great minds think alike.

DeadPoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DeadPoker
cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

@mitran said:

I've noticed that too, on blogs. When I tried using the button it deleted my comment.

@icarusflies: I did the same thing. The "Moderate" button is right next to the "Delete" button on my blogs and lists, for my comments only. It simply deleted my comment like it was never there, not even leaving that "This comment has been deleted" message. There is no "Flag" button on my own comments now.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: -43

This has been bugged in our bug database but will probably be a lower-priority fix over some of the more dire bugs that are floating around. Sorry for the trouble! I would ignore the button for now and use the "delete" button to remove any of your own posts if you need to do so.

If you ever find yourself able to moderate anyone else's posts, though, definitely let us know that immediately. I haven't seen that that's the case anywhere.