#1 Posted by Renchamp (2268 posts) - - Show Bio

Page Url: http://beta.comicvine.com/lori-grimes/4005-42539/ and http://beta.comicvine.com/cable/4005-2157/

Browser: Chrome

Operating System: Mac Snow Leopard

Description:

The Character Wiki tab is a super sweet idea, but it is inconsistent. Half the time it doesn't recognize the arrow trying to select something within the tab and the options disappear. Also, pages with more info won't let you scroll down to see it.

Steps to reproduce:

Go to a character page and hover over Character Wiki and then try to select one of the topics. The window disappears too quickly half the time. Also, pages with huge Character Wiki windows don't let you scroll down to see more options (like on the Cable page).

Additional Info: I wish I could capture this one...

#2 Posted by mrpibb (491 posts) - - Show Bio

hmmm, we'll take a look at it, might be something we can tweak as the character wiki is pretty large for the table of contents.

Staff
#3 Posted by LtSquigs (189 posts) - - Show Bio

I see what you mean, this is a styling issue mostly. Ill pass this to Alexis to see if he can make it less flakey of a drop down.

As for really large ones, I think the solution there is to edit the wiki page to have less headers perhaps.

Staff
#4 Posted by Renchamp (2268 posts) - - Show Bio

@ltsquigs: As an update, I see that you can scroll down as the page continues to load. Once the page is fully loaded, however, the ability to scroll down ends and you are stuck with that limited view.

#5 Posted by LtSquigs (189 posts) - - Show Bio

@renchamp not sure what you mean here, like you scroll down while its loading and then you cant scroll your window anymore?

Staff
#6 Posted by Renchamp (2268 posts) - - Show Bio

@ltsquigs: Say I view Cable's page. The page loads some things before others (I have an older computer). For example, as the page loads pictures I can still view the text. During this page load I can view the entire Character Wiki tab, as in, I can scroll through the longer ones (like the Cable page). But once the page is fully loaded, viewing the entire Character Wiki tab freezes and I can't scroll anymore.

#7 Posted by LtSquigs (189 posts) - - Show Bio
Staff
#8 Edited by Renchamp (2268 posts) - - Show Bio

@ltsquigs: Chrome. It doesn't appear to be a problem for Firefox.