Can't sort issue appearances by date. Please Help.

John2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I can no longer sort appearances by date! Comic vine does an amazing job cataloging which comic characters appear in which issues. However, without the ability to sort appearances of the character by date, you have no way of knowing which current issue he/she is in. Please bring back this option.

I have always relied on comic vine to help me locate which issues had my favorite characters/vilains appearing in it. Now i'm doomed!

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#2  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

@john2099: you still can, Wiki>Issues, add the character(s) and use the Sort By filter set to "Publish Date".

John2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper:

Thankyou so much for your reply, but please forgive me, I just don't understand how to. When listing character "appearances" there used to be a very simple and obvious "sort by..." button. I cannot seem to find a button that says "filter" or "sort by" on Doctor Doom's appearances page.

Perhaps I'm doing something wrong, but this is what i've doing for years. The old web page organization was much more intuitive.

Here's what I'm doing: I search for "doctor doom" in the search bar. I then click on appearances. Then I get a list of all the series he's been order by the number of appearances. After hours of searching this web page, I cannot find any option to change the order.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#4  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

@john2099: that old system was removed in favor of the much better system when the site was relaunched a year ago and that I gave instructions too in my last post. Wiki>Issues, in the right side bar you'll see all kinds of options, scroll down and you can add your character then scroll back up and change the sort by Publish Date or any other options, you can also further filter/sort it if you look at the drop down boxes. The browse pages are much more powerful then what you were used to.

John2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper:

Thankyou kindly sir. My most sincere apologies. I clearly had a very serious breakdown when you first wrote "wiki>issues". I thought you were just adding a search keyword in your response for searching problem "issues" with "wiki". I am so very embarrassed.

My compliments to you and the very fine people at the Comic Vine for their sloth like devotion to indexing all my favorite character appearances (of which there is only one, Dr Doom).

Perhaps, in the future, that handy filter field could be re-included with wiki character appearances.