Browsing Issues in Alphabetical Order

NetSpiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NetSpiker

http://www.comicvine.com/issues/?letter=&sortBy=alpha&minRating=&___creators=&___publishers=&fromYear=&toYear=&___arcs=&___characters=&___locations=&___teams=

When I'm browsing Issues and I pick Alphabetical in the Filter results, the site crashes. This doesn't happen when I pick Publish Date, Recent Edits or New Additions.

I'm using Firefox, but the same thing happens in Google Chrome and Internet Explorer.

The error message says: "Whoops, something's wrong. T_T"

NetSpiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Can I get a reply?

Something along the lines of "we're currently working on it" or "we don't have time for it right now" or "it can't be fixed due to the limitations of the software" or "it won't be fixed because no one cares".

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#3 pikahyper  Moderator

@netspiker: it's probably a mix of two and three, your issue isn't really a bug or a crash, the query is just too large to execute in the time the server allows, they would need to up the time-out limit, simple enough to do but not a priority since that query probably isn't done very often if ever.

I do remember it working after the relaunch when we had 80-100k fewer issues but honestly it wasn't a very useful query page because it orders the issues by issue name so all the empty ones are first (probably 35-40% of the issues) and it is basically random issues, not nearly as useful as sorting volumes or by associations.