Anchor Link goes to last post?

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

No Caption Provided

Shouldn't this Anchor link take you to the last/latest post?

Right now it takes you to the first post of the latest page. If that page has a multitude of comments, you have to do a lot of scrolling to get to the bottom of things.

No Caption Provided

Also, these numbered entries are anchored as well or at least, I think that they are supposed to be. When I click on it it takes me to the top of the page that the entry is on. While I think that we could use a "Back to Top" Button, especially since these forum pages are so deep, I don't think that's the purpose of these entry numbers.

Also I would love to be able to left and right align "large" images, why is there a restriction on that?

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What? No Love?

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#3 pikahyper  Moderator

@press_oblivion: this has already been reported, the engineers are working on it but they are having difficulty getting the functionality to work correctly so linking to the top post of the latest page is all we get for now.

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Press Oblivion
Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is anyone actually working on this? It would be helpful if I could refer people to a direct post so they don't have to sift through a whole page to find relevant entries.

Cleaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@press_oblivion: this has already been reported, the engineers are working on it but they are having difficulty getting the functionality to work correctly so linking to the top post of the latest page is all we get for now.

I don't mean to rush you guys or anything but its been around a year and a half. Any progress?

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 pikahyper  Moderator

@carnifex: lol rushed, I'm not one of the engineers but I can fill you in, the original bug was actually fixed around the end of 2013 if I remember correctly but due to another weakness in the platform the anchor is still skewed (it used to be way worse). The weakness is caused by deleted posts in a thread, when a post is deleted it is still "physically" there, mods and staff can see it but it is actually taken out of the count so for example if you have a thread with 100 posts in it and 10 get deleted and you click the latest post anchor link instead of taking you to #100 it'll take you to #90 because of those deleted posts so for threads with no deleted posts the anchor works correctly but once posts get deleted it starts slipping and with big threads that slipping can be pages behind. This current situation is well know and it has been discussed but other then being told that it will be fixed in a future version of the platform that was originally scheduled for the beginning of 2014 there has been no addition information or an updated release date.

Cleaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@pikahyper: Ahh that sucks. But thanks for filling me in, I had no clue what was up.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 pikahyper  Moderator