Adding New Pages

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 559

#1  Edited By Guru_Crack

I have tried to add 2 New Characters and a team. It says someone will check the details and will get back to you in a few hours and that was a few days ago (but had problems with account anyways) So I tried again and added the same Characters and Team again but no one has gotten back to me as of yet.

SO assume there is a bug that not registering me adding pages or not notifying the right people that pages are available for checking.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#2 pikahyper  Moderator

@guru_crack: it is a problem with the wiki queue, it has already been passed on to the engineers.

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper: Is there any estimate when this bug will be fixed?

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 pikahyper  Moderator

@guru_crack: not that I've been told, the bug keeps getting bigger and bigger though as it is effecting more things so I'm hoping it has been bumped up in priority in which case it could be fixed sometime this upcoming week but honestly it could be next week, next month or even next year.

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper: wow seems like a massive problem to be left for a year. How will you add more characters ect... to stories will effect the entire site by that point.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 pikahyper  Moderator

@guru_crack: the problem is only for users in moderation, 62 more points and you can add whatever you want except for brand new pages from an existing page. I've been waiting almost two years for fuzzy dates to be fixed though and that is a much smaller problem.

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper: What the hell are fuzzy dates? How will I earn 62 more point if I am not allowed to add more new pages?

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

@guru_crack: fuzzy dates are month/year or just year instead of the traditional month/day/year, they are very important for issues.

There is still plenty of data you can add to the wiki to earn points, you can write descriptions, add dates, add guides, etc., most tasks available to you still are all writing based but you can easily get 62 points writing a decent sized paragraph for one page. This bug just means you can't add new pages or add associations to anything.

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By silent_bomber

I've been waiting almost two years for fuzzy dates to be fixed though and that is a much smaller problem.

Ah that's interesting, I didn't realise that was actually a bug, just thought I couldn't work out how to do it properly lol

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper: Fair enough if I get another 62 wiki points does that mean I would be able to add pages successfully as I wouldn't have to have someone OK it or is the entire system of adding new pages totally messed up?

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 24

#12  Edited By cloudguy

@guru_crack said:

@pikahyper: Fair enough if I get another 62 wiki points does that mean I would be able to add pages successfully as I wouldn't have to have someone OK it or is the entire system of adding new pages totally messed up?

You need 1000 points to get out of normal page moderation (basic edits), 5000 before you can create pages without them going through moderation. Like Pika said, it only affects submissions under the 5000 point mark.

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cloudguy: O rite haha Don't really see me getting to 1000 wiki points any time soon to add new pages without mods then haha.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 pikahyper  Moderator

@guru_crack: you have 938 points, you can break 1k with a single submission and then you'd be able to add associations to pages just fine, once you pass 1k the only thing you wouldn't be able to do is create brand new pages from within an existing page, creating stand alone new pages is ok though as that is not affected by the bug, for example if you were on an issue page and you wanted to add a character to the issue that does not have a page and you added him on the issue page as a stub that would not work but if you created the character page separately that would work and then once it was indexed you could add him to the issue normally if you had over 1k.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 pikahyper  Moderator

@pikahyper said:

I've been waiting almost two years for fuzzy dates to be fixed though and that is a much smaller problem.

Ah that's interesting, I didn't realise that was actually a bug, just thought I couldn't work out how to do it properly lol

nah you were doin it right, we didn't use to have fuzzy dates on the old platform, they are something that was introduced with the new platform and it worked after launch for about 3-4 months, just long enough for us to get used to using them and embrace them, then they partially broke, any fuzzy date marked for February would slip to March, that lasted a while then it was fixed for like a day and then fuzzy dates broke then it was fixed and broken like two or three times over the next six months (sometimes completely other times just back to February slippage) and its been fully dead since November or early December of 2014, its been broken more then its been working unfortunately :/

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Guru_Crack

@pikahyper: I got to be honest I wouldn't even know how to create a characters tub page to be honest. Where do I go for this?

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 pikahyper  Moderator

@guru_crack: you can't create a branching stub page (part of the bug), you can only create a stand-alone character page, to do that you go to Wiki>Characters and click the big button for adding a new character in the sidebar.

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Guru_Crack

@pikahyper: Yea I know about the stubs but thats the only way i knew how to add new characters if i'm honest haha.