A VERY cool suggestion!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By frozen  Moderator

Can the site be changed with an update so users can be re-added to PM's if they accidentally remove themselves?

The notifications look was edited with the update so why not a useful, practical and functional change instead of a simple aesthetic?

Not only would this save hassle, but it makes little sense to not have this rule in place. Accidental removal is actually common here.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I've been in a few different PM's in the last few months and people always accidentally lock themselves out. Its a pain to readd 40+ users.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Either that or an "are you sure?" feature.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 frozen  Moderator
@jashro44 said:

I've been in a few different PM's in the last few months and people always accidentally lock themselves out. Its a pain to readd 40+ users.

Indeed. I've locked myself out of a few too and it's both hassling and time-consuming to re-structure large PM's.

Either could work. Or even both.

FoolsGold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 frozen  Moderator
GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

I'd be 100% behind this.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I fully support this

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Definitely. This seems like a very logical option.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#11  Edited By Pharoh_Atem
frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By frozen  Moderator
Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Yes

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'm tired of being locked out of PM's.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#16  Edited By BumpyBoo

@i_like_swords said:

I think this is a better option, and if anyone wants to check out the link Frozen posted to the other thread, one of the engineers has mentioned adding this feature already. I think the problem with being re-added, useful as that could be (saying this now as someone who almost lost their most important and favourite PM TWICE), is that it could be complicated when it comes to not wanting to be in a conversation for whatever reason. If someone is trash talking or harassing you, or even if you've just been added to a dumb message you want nothing to do with, the ability to re-add could mean people could re-add you whether you want them to or not. I don't know whether it would be possible to tweak such a thing so you can re-add yourself but other people can't? That might be cool.

So yeah, long story short, I think an "are you sure?" pop up is the way to go if we can :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@bumpyboo: Huh, I hadn't thought of that. Nice catch bumpster :P

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@bumpyboo: @i_like_swords: I agree, but what about this suggestion?

In addition to having a pop up message of ''are you sure?'' when booting out of a PM; instead in regards to re-adding, whenever someone is re-added, the person getting re-added could get the option of ''are you sure you want to be re-added into this PM?'' with the option of yes or no, if no is selected (even if only once), then they cannot be re-added at all.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

@i_like_swords: ^_^

@frozen said:

I agree, but what about this suggestion?

In addition to having a pop up message of ''are you sure?'' when booting out of a PM; instead in regards to re-adding, whenever someone is re-added, the person getting re-added could get the option of ''are you sure you want to be re-added into this PM?'' with the option of yes or no, if no is selected (even if only once), then they cannot be re-added at all.

I like this idea. Not sure how it would play out from a tech perspective but sure, that sounds like a good solution :)

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seconded.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bumpyboo said:

@i_like_swords said:

I think this is a better option, and if anyone wants to check out the link Frozen posted to the other thread, one of the engineers has mentioned adding this feature already. I think the problem with being re-added, useful as that could be (saying this now as someone who almost lost their most important and favourite PM TWICE), is that it could be complicated when it comes to not wanting to be in a conversation for whatever reason. If someone is trash talking or harassing you, or even if you've just been added to a dumb message you want nothing to do with, the ability to re-add could mean people could re-add you whether you want them to or not. I don't know whether it would be possible to tweak such a thing so you can re-add yourself but other people can't? That might be cool.

So yeah, long story short, I think an "are you sure?" pop up is the way to go if we can :)

Loading Video...

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bumpyboo said:

@i_like_swords said:

Loading Video...

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: -43

I can see if we can do this - I think originally the idea was to not allow this due to people forcing others back into PMs that they intentionally removed themselves from, but it should (hopefully) be easy enough to reverse. It'd be unlikely to get done before the holidays, unfortunately.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4aaebccd120
deactivated-5a4aaebccd120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: How bout it be something you can turn on and off under the notification settings in the profile settings?

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#25 pikahyper  Moderator

@_animus_: the more complex you make something the more likely it is to break and quite frankly the more complex it is the less important it is to implement because they don't have time for it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4aaebccd120
deactivated-5a4aaebccd120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper: Just throwin out suggestions , didn't think it'd be made anyway :P.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 frozen  Moderator
Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Finally some headway on this cool user suggestion.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: -43

There is a ticket in for this; hopefully it will be done in the next few weeks.