Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -1

@jonny_anonymous: I personally loved his short run on Winter Soldier, his dark and gritty noir style of artwork just fits with the tone of Bucky's series. If Marvel every decides to give Buck another on-going I would love to see Lark return.

Bermejo's covers are also amazing. I have a poster of Winter Soldier #1 that he did hanging in my room and it's one of my favorites to date.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer: I'm well jell. I think my favourite cover will always be that Daniel Acuna Winter Soldier & Black Widow cover.

I know his background has been retconned but I always thought a story about the WInter Soldier and the Punisher during Vietnam would be awesome.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer: I'm well jell. I think my favourite cover will always be that Daniel Acuna Winter Soldier & Black Widow cover.

I know his background has been retconned but I always thought a story about the WInter Soldier and the Punisher during Vietnam would be awesome.

I liked Acuna's work on Black Widow from a few years back.

Never been a big Punisher fan, but seeing Bucky interacting with different characters in the past would be interesting. So long as is doesn't change too much of what Brubaker set up about Bucky's time under Soviet control.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@war_killer: What is it about Frank you don't like? Something like the Russians sending him into 'Nam to cover up some dirty secrets they had and Punisher coming up against him when he was on one of his wetwork ops would be cool. Also Bru did set up that Bucky as went AWOL a number of times on missions so I think it would be pretty great to see some Apocalypse Now/Heart of Darkness style story.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer: What is it about Frank you don't like? Something like the Russians sending him into 'Nam to cover up some dirty secrets they had and Punisher coming up against him when he was on one of his wetwork ops would be cool. Also Bru did set up that Bucky as went AWOL a number of times on missions so I think it would be pretty great to see some Apocalypse Now/Heart of Darkness style story.

Just never cared for the whole "going around killing villains...because they're villains" personality. I'm sure there's probably more to his character, but from the few things I've actually seen his character in (like Civil War), I just never found him that interesting.

But now that you bring up the fact that Bucky did go AWOL a few times, like he did that one time in America during the 70s I believe. Having a storyline where Bucky teams-up with another Marvel character, such as the Punisher, would be interesting.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer: You should check out the Punisher's Marvel NOW book. I think you'd really like it.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#209  Edited By slimj87d

@thexx: @slimj87d: @war_killer: What your fav Bucky art?

Those are all great art pieces you put up there. I have two. One I met Steve Epting and he drew me this.

(Can't find it right now)

And here's another pretty cool one.

No Caption Provided

But my personal favorite is Alex Ross's drawing.

No Caption Provided

This Wizard cover is also awesome, I believe Ross might have drew this one too.

No Caption Provided

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By slimj87d

Pretty much almost anything with Alex Ross is awesome.

No Caption Provided

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d said:

No Caption Provided

Oh my gosh, that is probably my favorite image of Bucky-Cap ever! Dude, you have no idea. When I first really got into comics I started with Captain America #33, which I actually got a Books-A-Millions. That issue is the reason Bucky's my favorite comic book character. But because I didn't know where a comic book store was in my area, I had to wait until that same Books-A-Millions got the next issue with Bucky becoming Captain America! I remember when they finally got issue #34 in stock and it was that very same cover! I have that thing framed and hanging on my wall...beautiful cover!!! ^__^

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By slimj87d

@war_killer said:

@slimj87d said:

Oh my gosh, that is probably my favorite image of Bucky-Cap ever! Dude, you have no idea. When I first really got into comics I started with Captain America #33, which I actually got a Books-A-Millions. That issue is the reason Bucky's my favorite comic book character. But because I didn't know where a comic book store was in my area, I had to wait until that same Books-A-Millions got the next issue with Bucky becoming Captain America! I remember when they finally got issue #34 in stock and it was that very same cover! I have that thing framed and hanging on my wall...beautiful cover!!! ^__^

You and I are on the same page. Well #34 was the first issue I ever purchased of Captain America ever. That's where I got hooked, just like you. And Bucky instantly became my favorite character. The biggest irritation I have is when people draw Bucky with Blue eyes. His eyes are brown! So anytime I see Bucky with blue eyes, I will notice it right away. I think it's because I have brown eyes and I like to relate to him and see myself in his position.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d said:

@war_killer said:

@slimj87d said:

You and I are on the same page. Well #34 was the first issue I ever purchased of Captain America ever. That's where I got hooked, just like you. And Bucky instantly became my favorite character. The biggest irritation I have is when people draw Bucky with Blue eyes. His eyes are brown! So anytime I see Bucky with blue eyes, I will notice it right away. I think it's because I have brown eyes and I like to relate to him and see myself in his position.

I actually was just looking through some fan art and saw an image where someone drew Bucky with blue eyes. I was literally thinking, "No! He has brown eyes!" lol

I loved both issue #33 and issue #34. I mean issue #33 has Bucky doing some pretty epic stuff, from controlling his arm despite it being detached, breaking free from a S.H.I.E.L.D. interrogation room, and taking on Iron Man head-to-head on the helicarrier. The whole issue just oozed the epicness that was Bucky Barnes. xD

Issue #34 has the same feeling of epicness. Seeing Bucky put on the flag for the first time, seeing him take on a group of A.I.M. and R.A.I.D. agents. I loved how Brubaker showed how different Bucky was Cap than Steve was; like Bucky's reasoning for using a gun (among other weapons) for example. The issue set the tone for Bucky's Cap and it's a tone we don't see much of anymore in comics, which is a shame really.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

@slimj87d: Also, just out of curiosity, I was looking through some of your scans on the front page and was curious on where you stand on the whole question of who really killed Hitler: Bucky or Jim Hammond? Personally, it sounds more like something the Soviets would have the Winter Soldier do, but from my recent read through of The Winter Soldier storyline, after Bucky is found by the Soviets in 1945, it's implied that he was left in storage until the early 1950s when the Soviets started "Project: Winter Soldier."

So the question now is how could Bucky have killed Hitler (who apparently died in 1945) when he didn't become the Winter Soldier until the early 1950s? It should be mentioned that the issue where Bucky claims to have killed Hitler was written by Brian Bendis, who is known for ignoring other continuity in favor of his own stories. But I'm curious about what you think about it.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer: there was a issue of Deadpool where he randomly travels throughout time and finds Hitler for a brief few seconds who was alive and well.but who knows if Deadpool comics can be taken seriously.I can't find that issue anymore.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d: Yeah, I saw you mention that on the first page as well. But like you said, because it's Deadpool can we really take that seriously? Though it is possible that if Hitler did somehow escape death, possibly leaving a double in his place while he escaped following the end of WWII, Marvel could twist it around and reveal that the Hitler that Torch killed was a double and that the real Hitler was killed by Winter Soldier years later.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d: Yeah, I saw you mention that on the first page as well. But like you said, because it's Deadpool can we really take that seriously? Though it is possible that if Hitler did somehow escape death, possibly leaving a double in his place while he escaped following the end of WWII, Marvel could twist it around and reveal that the Hitler that Torch killed was a double and that the real Hitler was killed by Winter Soldier years later.

That's what I had always assumed had happened.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer said:

Yeah, the Winter Soldier killing Hitler would be a good story. I know Jim Hammond fans hate the idea though, but it's a interesting angle. The Winter Soldier has tons of potential that has not been tapped into. Too bad Marvel is busy recycling old stories and themes. But hey, sometimes you get a good story like the New Iron Fist revisiting Ku'n Lun again.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@war_killer said:

Yeah, the Winter Soldier killing Hitler would be a good story. I know Jim Hammond fans hate the idea though, but it's a interesting angle. The Winter Soldier has tons of potential that has not been tapped into. Too bad Marvel is busy recycling old stories and themes. But hey, sometimes you get a good story like the New Iron Fist revisiting Ku'n Lun again.

There's a lot of missions that Winter Soldier went on that we probably don't even know about. Heck, it's possible that there are missions that he went on that Bucky doesn't even remember. I actually wouldn't mind having a series, or at least a mini-series, that explores those untold missions. Seeing Bucky's time under the Soviets control could be an interesting story as while we the readers know who he really is, at the time he wouldn't.

Seeing Bucky go on missions as the Winter Soldier, seeing him working for the enemy and performing various assassinations, it would make for an interesting spy/assassin series. Plus like @jonny_anonymous was saying earlier, a series like that could also explore possible team-ups Bucky could have had with different characters during those years, like the Punisher.

I was actually just thinking, I remember in the Project: Winter Soldier files that Steve was given there was mention of Winter Soldier assassinating some ambassador from Wakanda. Whose to say that at some point Winter Soldier didn't have a mission that involved him traveling to Wakanda, possibly even having an encounter with T'Challa's father, T'Chaka. It could even lead to a present day encounter between Bucky and Black Panther, which would be interesting as I don't believe they've ever encountered each other before.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@war_killer said:

There's a lot of missions that Winter Soldier went on that we probably don't even know about. Heck, it's possible that there are missions that he went on that Bucky doesn't even remember. I actually wouldn't mind having a series, or at least a mini-series, that explores those untold missions. Seeing Bucky's time under the Soviets control could be an interesting story as while we the readers know who he really is, at the time he wouldn't.

Seeing Bucky go on missions as the Winter Soldier, seeing him working for the enemy and performing various assassinations, it would make for an interesting spy/assassin series. Plus like @jonny_anonymous was saying earlier, a series like that could also explore possible team-ups Bucky could have had with different characters during those years, like the Punisher.

I was actually just thinking, I remember in the Project: Winter Soldier files that Steve was given there was mention of Winter Soldier assassinating some ambassador from Wakanda. Whose to say that at some point Winter Soldier didn't have a mission that involved him traveling to Wakanda, possibly even having an encounter with T'Challa's father, T'Chaka. It could even lead to a present day encounter between Bucky and Black Panther, which would be interesting as I don't believe they've ever encountered each other before.

I have a feeling this Original Sin event will uncover some stuff Bucky got up to in his dark times.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer said:

@slimj87d said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@war_killer said:

I have a feeling this Original Sin event will uncover some stuff Bucky got up to in his dark times.

Yeah, I just hope it's not something dumb that will ruin his character. I know a lot of people are already upset about the possibility of Iron Man being responsible for Bruce Banner becoming the Hulk. I'd get really annoyed if Marvel did something to change Bucky's history for just shock value.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@jonny_anonymous said:

@war_killer said:

@slimj87d said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@war_killer said:

Yeah, I just hope it's not something dumb that will ruin his character. I know a lot of people are already upset about the possibility of Iron Man being responsible for Bruce Banner becoming the Hulk. I'd get really annoyed if Marvel did something to change Bucky's history for just shock value.

Yea I really really hate when they try and tie characters origins together like that, it just takes all the uniqueness away from them.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By slimj87d
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@slimj87d Tell me where you live. I'm breaking in tonight.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d: That's pretty epic. How much did he charge you for it?

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I can remember, I think he charged me $75 to $100. I'm pretty sure this only took him 30 minutes to do or less. The guy must make good money.

ThexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By ThexX
Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d said:

@war_killer said:

If I can remember, I think he charged me $75 to $100. I'm pretty sure this only took him 30 minutes to do or less. The guy must make good money.

Creeezus...is it just me or does that seem a little steep? I've never paid for a professional commission before, but it does seem somewhat pricey for what looks like a rough sketch. Not that it isn't awesome.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

@slimj87d: Seems a bit high, but then again artist do have to make their money somehow; they have to eat too I guess. xD Did you ask him to draw that picture above, like did you suggest he do one with one-side Bucky-Cap and the other as Winter Soldier, or was that something he had suggested?

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer: @veshark:

Well shopping around for commissions, that's actually a good if not average price believe it or not. When you go to Comic-Con, there will be an artist area and you can meet them all. They charge around that much for their commissions. The lesser known the artist, the cheaper the commission can be.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

@veshark: @thexx: @slimj87d: @jonny_anonymous:

Have any of you seen the full version of this piece of fan art?

No Caption Provided

I found it on a Bucky fan page on Facebook. I've seen a full version of it as well, but I have yet to find it with better resolution. The full version looked pretty epic but I can't help but find the fuzzy resolution slightly distracting... :(

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark: @thexx: @slimj87d: @jonny_anonymous:

Have any of you seen the full version of this piece of fan art?

No Caption Provided

I found it on a Bucky fan page on Facebook. I've seen a full version of it as well, but I have yet to find it with better resolution. The full version looked pretty epic but I can't help but find the fuzzy resolution slightly distracting... :(

Looks awesome. What really impresses me is the face - really captures Sebastian Stan's features, I feel.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

@veshark: Here's the full image I just found on tumblr. The resolution's a bit better as well.

No Caption Provided

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark: Here's the full image I just found on tumblr. The resolution's a bit better as well.

No Caption Provided

That's great!

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
No Caption Provided

@veshark: @slimj87d: @war_killer:

NATHAN EDMONDSON (W) • PHIL NOTO (A/C)

• On a snowy night in Prague, Natasha must fight her way out of disaster alongside the WINTER SOLDIER!

• Meanwhile, Isaiah has business of his own in London, but a simple plan gets complicated.

• Nathan Edmonson and Phil Noto continue their uninterrupted run on one of the most acclaimed books of the year.

Looks like I'll get to see how the writer I want for a WInter Soldier book will handle him

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

• On a snowy night in Prague, Natasha must fight her way out of disaster alongside the WINTER SOLDIER!

• Meanwhile, Isaiah has business of his own in London, but a simple plan gets complicated.

• Nathan Edmonson and Phil Noto continue their uninterrupted run on one of the most acclaimed books of the year.

Looks like I'll get to see how the writer I want for a WInter Soldier book will handle him

Wait, is this in present day?

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: When does that issue come out?

@slimj87d: Agreed. Bucky and Natasha were my favorite Marvel couple, I'm hoping this team-up will lead to Natasha starting to get her memories back of Bucky.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d: Agreed!

@jonny_anonymous: When does that issue come out?

@slimj87d: Agreed. Bucky and Natasha were my favorite Marvel couple, I'm hoping this team-up will lead to Natasha starting to get her memories back of Bucky.

It comes out in july.

ThexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Can't wait for this. I would be so happy if Natasha gets here memories of Bucky back during Original Sin.

Also total agree with you about Edmondson being the writer for Winter Soldier book. (If we every get a new one)

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thexx: Well the watcher causes Captain America to get his lost memories back, I wouldn't be surprised if Natasha might get some memories back as well.

A good plot device though is that she vaguely remembers him, and they end up running into each other on a mission and when it's over, he leaves without talking to her. It would be cool if she ends up going after him or trying to hunt him down to try and get information out of him.

Hopefully that is where this arc leads. They were a great couple, breaking them up really didn't need to happen, but I guess its because after Ed Brubaker left and the WS run got cancelled, WS went on a haitus for awhile.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: Thanks! Looks like I'll have to start reading Black Widow again. xD

@slimj87d: @thexx: Having her get her memories back in Original Sin would be cool. I like what SlimJ87D was saying, with Natasha getting only fragments of her memories of Bucky back, leading to a storyline where she's trying to fill in the missing pieces. It could lead to more Winter Soldier team-ups in the future.

Honestly I really wouldn't mind them just having a Winter Soldier & Black Widow series. Those two work well together and it makes sense to have them in the same series.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: Budgeting issues. But knowing Bucky's going to be appearing, I'll find a way to make it work. xD lol

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: Thanks! Looks like I'll have to start reading Black Widow again. xD

@slimj87d: @thexx: Having her get her memories back in Original Sin would be cool. I like what SlimJ87D was saying, with Natasha getting only fragments of her memories of Bucky back, leading to a storyline where she's trying to fill in the missing pieces. It could lead to more Winter Soldier team-ups in the future.

Honestly I really wouldn't mind them just having a Winter Soldier & Black Widow series. Those two work well together and it makes sense to have them in the same series.

Yeah, they can keep it fresh with them only working as partners since she doesn't have her full memories back. They can work it all up slowly and draw it out with good story telling.

That's the route Marvel should go.