#51  Edited By slimj87d
ThexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By ThexX

@SlimJ87D: ALso don't forget Bucky caught another one of Hawkeye arrows in issue 13. I think it's established that Bucky can easily catch arrow's.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By slimj87d
@ThexX: Those scans are actually here already in the part where he fights Wolverine and Hawkeye jumps in. 
ThexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By ThexX

@SlimJ87D: Right before Hawkeye shoots those three arrows. Bucky catches a Flashbang arrow at the last second. It still goes off but it shows how good of reflexes Bucky has.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By slimj87d
@ThexX said:

@SlimJ87D: Right before Hawkeye shoots those three arrows. Bucky catches Flashbang arrow at the last second. It still goes off but it shows how good of reflexes Bucky has.

It wasn't actually a Flashbang I think, it was an explosive and he threw it at Wolverine. You can see Wolverine's body being blown up and then Steve mentions that an explosion happens.  
To be honest, I wasn't very happy with the issue knowing that Ed Brubaker is leaving and this whole issue went by so quick. His last issue of Captain America was completelty heart warming though. He wrote it in a way where Ed Brubaker was actually 50s Cap laying in the hospital bed and Steve was telling him that he did a good job and goodbye. I feel like Winter Soldier isn't going to have a Ed Brubaker goodbye issue :(
ThexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By ThexX

@SlimJ87D: I just looked at that page and your right. I never really looked at the face. Also sorry if I am being a pain in the butt.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By slimj87d
@ThexX: Lol, no you're not a pain in the butt at all. More like a zit on my ass. just kidding. 
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#59  Edited By ComicStooge

Some of these links for broken.

darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Great respect thread

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By slimj87d

@darktiger: Thanks. I'm hoping to be able to add to it the more Bucky makes appearances.

@comicstooge Do you know which ones so I can fix them?

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#63 god_spawn  Moderator

@slimj87d: Idk. It's not giving me one either.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#64 vance_astro  Moderator

@slimj87d said:

Can a moderator please tell me why I am unable to edit the OP? There is no option to edit at all.

@vance_astro@god_spawn@buckshot@deranged_midget

1. Nice thread
2. I have no clue why that's happening. Maybe there is too much in the OP? Is there a limit on how much you can put into one post? I don't even know?

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vance_astro: @god_spawn: Well when time comes for me to add a bunch of stuff, I guess I'll just have to remake it. For now I'll just post updated in the posts here.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge@darktiger@thexx Sorry guys, I fixed some of the broken links, mainly the Batroc fight. i can't edit my OP anymore for some reason.

Did you feel the last two fights weren't clear enough who was better? Well here Bucky is defeating Batroc soundly. Batroc results to cheap tricks to get away.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/60791/2225643-batron_011_copy.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/60791/2225644-batron_012_copy.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/60791/2225646-batron_013_copy.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/60791/2225647-batron_014_copy.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/60791/2225649-batron_016_copy.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/60791/2225650-batron_017_copy.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/60791/2225651-batron_018_copy.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/60791/2225652-batron_019_copy.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/60791/2225653-batron_020_copy.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/60791/2225654-batron_021_copy.jpg

@veshark@higorm

And here's another reflex and blocking feat. Bucky easily takes down Shields number one agent at the time who has gained some mysterious power. He is the Iron Nail. A firing squad of Shield Agents appear behind Bucky and fires at him. He's able to dodge the bullets as well as block two of the shots with his mechanical arm.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

@slimj87d said:

@comicstooge@darktiger@thexx Sorry guys, I fixed some of the broken links, mainly the Batroc fight. i can't edit my OP anymore for some reason.

Did you feel the last two fights weren't clear enough who was better? Well here Bucky is defeating Batroc soundly. Batroc results to cheap tricks to get away.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/60791/2225643-batron_011_copy.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/60791/2225644-batron_012_copy.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/60791/2225646-batron_013_copy.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/60791/2225647-batron_014_copy.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/60791/2225649-batron_016_copy.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/60791/2225650-batron_017_copy.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/60791/2225651-batron_018_copy.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/60791/2225652-batron_019_copy.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/60791/2225653-batron_020_copy.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/60791/2225654-batron_021_copy.jpg

@veshark@higorm

And here's another reflex and blocking feat. Bucky easily takes down Shields number one agent at the time who has gained some mysterious power. He is the Iron Nail. A firing squad of Shield Agents appear behind Bucky and fires at him. He's able to dodge the bullets as well as block two of the shots with his mechanical arm.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Cool feats, man!

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#68 HigorM  Moderator

@slimj87d: nice feats! thanks for tagging me!

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#69  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@slimj87d: This is amazing, you should keep it going dude

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By slimj87d

Thank you. I have been, but sadly Bucky hasn't made many appearances since Marvel only cares about profits. Also, something is wrong with the message board now also, I can't edit the OP anymore nor can the MODs.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

Thank you. I have been, but sadly Bucky hasn't made many appearances since Marvel only cares about profits. Also, something is wrong with the message board now also, I can't edit the OP anymore nor can the MODs.

Well Buck is in Invaders and isn't he in Secret Avengers? Also he has that mini.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous:

NVM, I was actually able to fix the OP and added the Ran Shen feats.

Yeah, I am reading those right now and waiting for any cool feats of his. Honestly, I don't' like the way he is portrayed int eh Invaders. He's about the same age as Steve (well at least before Steve left to Dimension Z), but they're referring to him like a Kid again, it makes no sense.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@slimj87d said:

@jonny_anonymous:

NVM, I was actually able to fix the OP and added the Ran Shen feats.

Yeah, I am reading those right now and waiting for any cool feats of his. Honestly, I don't' like the way he is portrayed int eh Invaders. He's about the same age as Steve (well at least before Steve left to Dimension Z), but they're referring to him like a Kid again, it makes no sense.

Yea I'm the same, I'm hoping it's just James finding the characters voices since he's never writ for Marvel or these characters before.

ThexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: @slimj87d: What I get from interviews and articles Bucky is somewhere around 29 or 30. And is actually older the Steve

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thexx: older than Steve? That's kinda weird :-/

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: @thexx:

I don't know about that, Steve is pretty old. He was like 25 when he was unfrozen but years have passed. Peter Parker was in high school, since then he got a bachelor's degree, masters degree and has had a few jobs, Steve should be about 32 to 35 and after dimension Z he should be another 12 years older.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d said:

@jonny_anonymous: @thexx:

I don't know about that, Steve is pretty old. He was like 25 when he was unfrozen but years have passed. Peter Parker was in high school, since then he got a bachelor's degree, masters degree and has had a few jobs, Steve should be about 32 to 35 and after dimension Z he should be another 12 years older.

Yea I'm not sure I'd like the idea of Bucky being older.

ThexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By ThexX

@jonny_anonymous: @jonny_anonymous: Okay Steve was frozen for a period. He didn't age what so ever during that time. Bucky however was doing mission for the soviets. And since Bucky was around 20 when the mission with Zemo happen and Steve would have been around 25 or 28. So it would take long for Bucky to catch up in age. Thats my theory.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ThexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#82  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
@thexx said:

@jonny_anonymous: @slimj87d: What I get from interviews and articles Bucky is somewhere around 29 or 30. And is actually older the Steve

Unless it's stated in a comic I don't count it as canon. Writers can say all the want about characters in an interview or article, but until it's stated in a comic it's merely their opinion and not fact. But that's just my thoughts on that.

@thexx: @slimj87d: @jonny_anonymous:

From what I've gathered on Steve and Bucky's age:

In Captain America #50 (Vol.5) it was stated that Bucky was 16 in 1941, placing his birth date about 1925, which would make him 20 in 1945, which is confirmed in the same issue as we see Bucky spend his 20th birthday with Cap in 1945.

Also in Cap #50 (Vol.5) Steve states that he spent his 20th birthday as a "lab rat" for Dr. Erskine in Project Rebirth.

In The Marvels Project #4 Steve is around 19-20 in 1940, placing him around 24-25 in 1945, lining up with what he said in Cap #50, and would place his birth date around 1921 to 1922.

In Captain America #1 (Vol.7) Steve is stated to be 90, placing his birth date either on July 4th, 1922 or 1923 (depending on whether that issue took place in 2012 or 2013). This again also lines up with Brubaker's run.

But from what I can tell is that when Cap was frozen in 1945 he was around 24-25 and Bucky was 20. And because Steve didn't age during this time, that would make him about 24-25 in Avengers #4 (Vol.1) when he's found by The Avengers. The problem is that I don't know how long Steve's been in the present day, how many years have pass since, and how old he was "physically" at the start of Dimension Z. We know he spent 12 years in Dimension Z, so that adds 12 years to his life, but again until we know how many years he's been in the present up to the Dimension Z storyline, it's hard to get an exact age.

Bucky's age is a even bigger headache. We know he was 20 when he was found by the Soviets in 1945, but because Bucky was constantly put on ice and only awakened for certain missions, all of which could vary in terms of how many weeks or months they were, it's almost impossible to determine how much Bucky aged between 1945 and the present day.

Another thing that needs to be taken into account is the possibility that Steve doesn't age normally because of the Super-Soldier Serum, meaning that he could possibly age slower than most because his cells don't deteriorate as quickly as those in normal humans. As well, in Fear Itself #7.1, Bucky was given the Infinity Formula which could also slow down his aging, making it even more difficult to guess his age.

My personally opinion on the ages of both Steve and Bucky, I would place Steve in his early-to-mid 30s and Bucky in his mid-to-late 20s. I find it hard to believe that Bucky would be older than Steve, especially after the Dimension Z storyline, but again this is only my opinion on the matter and am not 100% sure on everything stated above. But it's the best I can come up with at the moment.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

@thexx: £150 :- (

Looks awesome and I would love to have it...but sadly not at that price. :(

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thexx said:

Unless it's stated in a comic I don't count it as canon. Writers can say all the want about characters in an interview or article, but until it's stated in a comic it's merely their opinion and not fact. But that's just my thoughts on that.

In Captain America #50 (Vol.5) it was stated that Bucky was 16 in 1941, placing his birth date about 1925, which would make him 20 in 1945, which is confirmed in the same issue as we see Bucky spend his 20th birthday with Cap in 1945.

Also in Cap #50 (Vol.5) Steve states that he spent his 20th birthday as a "lab rat" for Dr. Erskine in Project Rebirth.

In The Marvels Project #4 Steve is around 19-20 in 1940, placing him around 24-25 in 1945, lining up with what he said in Cap #50, and would place his birth date around 1921 to 1922.

In Captain America #1 (Vol.7) Steve is stated to be 90, placing his birth date either on July 4th, 1922 or 1923 (depending on whether that issue took place in 2012 or 2013). This again also lines up with Brubaker's run.

But from what I can tell is that when Cap was frozen in 1945 he was around 24-25 and Bucky was 20. And because Steve didn't age during this time, that would make him about 24-25 in Avengers #4 (Vol.1) when he's found by The Avengers. The problem is that I don't know how long Steve's been in the present day, how many years have pass since, and how old he was "physically" at the start of Dimension Z. We know he spent 12 years in Dimension Z, so that adds 12 years to his life, but again until we know how many years he's been in the present up to the Dimension Z storyline, it's hard to get an exact age.

Bucky's age is a even bigger headache. We know he was 20 when he was found by the Soviets in 1945, but because Bucky was constantly put on ice and only awakened for certain missions, all of which could vary in terms of how many weeks or months they were, it's almost impossible to determine how much Bucky aged between 1945 and the present day.

Another thing that needs to be taken into account is the possibility that Steve doesn't age normally because of the Super-Soldier Serum, meaning that he could possibly age slower than most because his cells don't deteriorate as quickly as those in normal humans. As well, in Fear Itself #7.1, Bucky was given the Infinity Formula which could also slow down his aging, making it even more difficult to guess his age.

My personally opinion on the ages of both Steve and Bucky, I would place Steve in his early-to-mid 30s and Bucky in his mid-to-late 20s. I find it hard to believe that Bucky would be older than Steve, especially after the Dimension Z storyline, but again this is only my opinion on the matter and am not 100% sure on everything stated above. But it's the best I can come up with at the moment.

Jeez, you really did your homework :)

ThexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer said:
@thexx said:

Jeez, you really did your homework :)

Man I total forgot about Domension Z aging thing. My bad.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer: @thexx: @slimj87d: If the Winter Soldier was to get a new ongoing who would you like to see write it and what stories would you want told?

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: Honestly I'm not really sure. It would be cool if Marvel could get Brubaker back, as I believe he had some stories for Bucky that he wanted to tell, but was unable to do to varies circumstances. I know it's a long shot though, but it would be nice to see the other stories Brubaker had planned for Bucky.

I do know that if there was a new series I would love to see Chris Samnee. I loved his art in Captain America and Bucky.

ThexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By ThexX
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By slimj87d

@thexx:

Yeah! Me too!

@jonny_anonymous: I actually think Matt Fraction could do a very good job if he focused only on a select titles.

But he's everywhere. Look at what he was able to do with Hawkeye though, I haven't read it but it's gotten rave reviews.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By slimj87d

@war_killer:

I good way to gauge steves age is by seeing where Peter Parker was in high school when Steve was thawed.

Peter graduated college at a normal rate, went on to get his Masters degree and worked for awhile as a teacher. I would say Peter is 28 to 31.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d: @war_killer: I doubt Brubaker will return to doing superhero comics, especially not now since he has that deal with Image. I think Nathan Edmondson would do a good job on a WS book.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
@slimj87d said:

@war_killer:

I good way to gauge steves age is by seeing where Peter Parker was in high school when Steve was thawed.

Peter graduated college at a normal rate, went on to get his Masters degree and worked for awhile as a teacher. I would say Peter is 28 to 31.

That's a good idea and it would help in getting a better idea of his age. Honestly though I can't see Steve being over 35. Mainly because, like I said earlier, it's completely possible that the Super-Soldier Serum keeps him from aging as quickly. It would make sense considering how he was 12 years in Dimension Z, yet if he was in late 20s early 30s before we went there, that would put him in his late 30s and possibly early 40s...which just doesn't seem right as he's always portrayed much younger than that.

I actually was reading Captain America and Bucky #624 yesterday, which takes place in 1958. At the time Bucky had already been brainwashed into the Winter Soldier and had been active since he was found by the Soviets in 1945. So that right there adds about 13 years to Bucky's life. So if he was 20 when he was found in 1945 then that would make him about 32-33 in '58. In the same issue it states that it was around this time (I assume still in 1958) that Bucky's memories of his old life began to resurface, forcing the Soviets to begin putting him away on ice to maintain their control over him. So after this point it would be difficult to pinpoint how much he had aged between then and the present day.

@jonny_anonymous said:

@slimj87d: @war_killer: I doubt Brubaker will return to doing superhero comics, especially not now since he has that deal with Image. I think Nathan Edmondson would do a good job on a WS book.

Oh I doubt Brubaker would return any time soon, as I believe he's busy working on his own creator owned stuff anyways. But it would be nice to have him back. :P

I'm not really familiar with Edmondson's work, but I wouldn't mind seeing a new take on Bucky so long as they keep true to the character as a whole. How do you think Edmondson would portray Bucky if he had a chance to write the character?

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By slimj87d

@war_killer: Yeah, Steve is going to stay physically at his Peak and it will dip down a much slower rate than anyone else. But at least mentally with life experiences and maturity, he is 45 now thanks to dimension Z.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer: Edmonson is currently writing the Punisher and Black Widow and he also wrote Grifter at DC before the editors messed it up and he also wrote Dancer, Who Is Jake Ellis and The Activity at Image all which have been great, so pretty much all of his books have been spy thrillers and spec ops. I think he would be great on a Winter Soldier book

Oh and I just watched the film :-D

ThexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By ThexX

@war_killer: Edmonson is currently writing the Punisher and Black Widow and he also wrote Grifter at DC before the editors messed it up and he also wrote Dancer, Who Is Jake Ellis and The Activity at Image all which have been great, so pretty much all of his books have been spy thrillers and spec ops. I think he would be great on a Winter Soldier book

Agreed. I was thinking the same thing. As for artiest for me its Butch Guice

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thexx said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

Yep he would be perfect.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

@thexx said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

Yep he would be perfect.

If his art looks like it did in Winter Soldier, then I would be down with that. I had a few issues with his art during the No Escape and Trial of Captain America storyline though.

What about Michael Lark as an artist? He did the art for Winter Soldier #6-9, which I thought looked great and fit the tone for a Winter Soldier series.

As for Edmondson, I didn't even realize he was the writer for Black Widow currently. I had to drop the series after issue two, but I was digging what he had done so far. So I wouldn't mind see his take on a Winter Soldier series.

@war_killer: Oh and I just watched the film :-D

O__O AHHHHHH!!! DON'T TELL ME ANYTHING!!! <_<

Seriously, I just got hired to work for Target last week and start working Thursday...meaning I may not be able to see the movie this weekend as I might have to work! -__-

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer: Dude, so good. soooooooooo gooooooooooooood.