Awesome Toy Picks: Winter Soldier Sixth Scale Figure by Hot Toys

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Every week we take a close look at a cool comic book collectible. Here's an incredible one that deserves a lot of attention. You may have already seen the video at the top of the page. This week Bucky Barnes gets the spotlight. We're going to check out the Winter Soldier Sixth Scale Figure by Hot Toys.

No Caption Provided

You can find the full details here: http://bit.ly/BuyWinterSoldier

As you can see, this is from the Captain America: The Winter Soldier movie. One of the first things you'll notice is the packaging the figure comes in. There's always a second image in side the box.

No Caption Provided

If you've watched the video at the top of the page, you already know the full details of this figure. Here's the official summary:

"He's fast... strong... and has a metal arm."

Sideshow Collectibles and Hot Toys are proud to present the Winter Soldier sixth scale collectible figure from the upcoming Marvel Studios blockbuster, Captain America: The Winter Soldier. The movie-accurate collectible figure is specially crafted based on the image of Sebastian Stan as Captain America's tough adversary, Winter Soldier. Featuring two interchangeable head sculpts, metal-like left arm with red star emblem, a detailed costume and weapons.

There's an incredible amount of detail in this figure. Since it's from Hot Toys, that shouldn't come as a surprise. One of the things that's both incredible and freaky is the eyes.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The attention to detail is pretty crazy. You'll want to take a close look at all the stitching, zippers, and pouches. He comes with a lot of different weapons, hands, and a second head. This gives you options and choices in how you want to display him.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Along with all the weapons and details to his costume, there is plenty of places to put them on him.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The arm must have been tricky. You do have to be careful with it so you don't ruin the finish. They could've tried to go for a more shinier/metallic look but that probably wouldn't have worked too well. I'd imagine there'd be more risks of it getting scratched or tarnished. It does look good and the red star does stand out.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

With the different guns and hands, you can mix up how you display him and what accessories you use. He comes with a stand but, like most Hot Toys figures, he can stand without it.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The second head is the masked version from the movie. It does make him look a little more menacing.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

And of course if you have a Captain America or other figures, you can always set up different scenarios between them. We previously looked at the 'Golden Age' Captain America figure from the movie and they go great together.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The other thing about the head with the mask, you can remove the goggles. This really catches Captain America off guard.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

But poor Bucky, being brainwashed, he'll just keep going at Cap.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Blam!

There's so much you can do with the figure. There's plenty of articulation so you can put it in a bunch of different positions. You have a lot of different hands and weapons as well. Just take a look at everything.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The figure is available for pre-order right now. There's always the chance of it selling out so if you plan on getting it, you won't want to wait too long. The figure is set to ship this month, so they should be going out any date now.

The price is $239.99, which is pretty much the normal price on these figures. The figures from Hot Toys and Sideshow Collectibles are simply amazing. Thanks to Sideshow for sending this to us early. Be sure to watch our video at the top of the page, if you haven't already.

Check out Sideshow Collectibles' website for pre-order information on this figure and others here: http://bit.ly/BuyWinterSoldier

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Man, that's a great figure! I WANT IT! :)

I've never bought one of those Hot Toys or Sideshow products. I always want them, of course. But I have such a limited space to display those kinds of things, I would almost feel bad bringing such a nice piece here only to have it get a tiny spot on a shelf next to whatever other junk the family has set about.

If I ever buy one, it'll probably be a Captain America or an Iron man. I love those movies so much, they'd be nice additions to my junk pile of plastic and memories.

Thanks for showing this to us @g_man.

WheatStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Ha! The post-credits scene. :) Great photos. Does the grenade round fit inside the launcher ... the weapon detail is pretty amazing.

I would love all three Winter Soldier figures, but Black Widow is coming home first.

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh man, that figure is so freakin' BAD ASS.

Avatar image for captaingenisvell
CaptainGenisVell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The posing in the photos reminds me of Captain Scarlet. XD

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator

This is the best collectible I've seen here in a long time.

Bl00dwerK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Man, that's one bad-ass figure but I can't see paying that kind of money for it...

deadcool_XD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10  Edited By deadcool_XD

The detail is amazing, my only critique is it might have looked better if they made cap look a little more beat up. Maybe his suit could be one shade darker and he could have a few damage marks. Besides that this is a really nice figure.

CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That is a seriously impressive and awesome figure. Easily one of the best they have produced that I've seen quality photos of anyway.

Gotham331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Gotham331

@zzombie13: don't do it! Once you get one, then you'll want another and another. It's as addictive as crack! I know, I'm hooked. On the figures...not crack.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

@deadcool_xd: They aren't meant to be beat up from each other. The Cap figure came out before. I just figured it made sense to put them together fighting each other. Not sure if people would want to buy a stand alone 'beat up Cap' figure.

deadcool_XD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17  Edited By deadcool_XD

@g_man said:

@deadcool_xd: They aren't meant to be beat up from each other. The Cap figure came out before. I just figured it made sense to put them together fighting each other. Not sure if people would want to buy a stand alone 'beat up Cap' figure.

That's my fault, I worded that badly, what I meant is if they did something like this-

No Caption Provided

See how he's a little darker in some areas, and his shield has some scratches. Sorry I was unclear about what I said, nobody wants to buy a cap with a black eye lol! I think they did an amazing job on Bucky though. I also didn't know the cap figure came out before.

VanderSEXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn!!! I want!!!

Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20  Edited By Cap10nate

That's pretty awesome. Nice to see that they are including guns that actually look like guns instead of some goofy looking red rifle thing that is in one of the toys he has out now.

I guess that is the difference between a $240 figure and a $20 one sold at Walmart.

Cave_Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Cave_Duck

The detail in that is amazing!

mangan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He looks like Jack White on the second image in side the box. Thats 2in1. :)