Blade Strength Level

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DarthAznable

In the Registration handbook it says he can lift about 1 ton but I feel as though he should be higher than that. I mean in this scan, I'd say this monster (in other scans it is HUGE) is over a ton but there's no way of really telling. Anyone have any ideas?

No Caption Provided

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

damn

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthaznable: @daredevil21134: One ton is bullshit. Most agree the Reaper is at least 6+ tons due to it being seemingly elephant sized. However. Look at the lines under his arms. It seems to indicate stress, implying that feat was not casual at all. Probably a high end but I think its valid.

Rips a vampire's head off: http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Blade%20Strength/BHR1.jpg

Throws a dagger so hard it sends a vampire who was strong enough to hold Soidey down flying: http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Blade/Bladesavingspidey2.jpg

Shoves a monster into a car with one hand: http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Blade%20Strength/BladestrengthWiz.jpg

Bending open metal doors: http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Blade%20Strength/Bladeadamantiumodachi2.jpg

Using a single hand to toss a vampire over a fence: http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Blade%20Strength/Bladestrength-1.jpg

Tossing a vampire into the air without even grabbing and stapping stone: http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Blade%20Strength/BladestrengthSOF.jpg

Those are just a few but as you can see, Blade is easily capable of manhandling low level superhumans.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackwind: Yeah that's why I was confused. When I saw his registration bio I immediately called bull but hey. Writers are super inconsistent with him.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthaznable: Wikis are usually wrong when referring to non a list people. Blade would definitely out muscle people like Bane, even, IMO.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hes way stronger than that ill say anywhere from 10-40 tons

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DarthAznable

@kgb725: 10-40 might be pushing it unless he's done some outrageous stuff in Mighty Avengers

@blackwind: It wasn't wiki though. It was straight from writers.

No Caption Provided

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthaznable: @kgb725: Woooah! Where did you get that number? I've never seen a Blade feat that big. Even of there is one, it has to be an outlier because I know most of his and that is not consistent.

And that looks like art from the Guggenheim run. Who thought it was a good idea to try and make Blade half white. Who thought it was a good idea to give him an ugly, stupid gun for a hand. Who for his freaking info for Blade off the internet. The guy didn't know dick about Blade.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackwind: Is the whole him being half white canon now? I just started MI:13 but Blade hasn't popped up yet. His Original Sin I heard is with his Father so I assume for the worst that his Dad is indeed canon.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthaznable: Nope. Nothing from Guggenheim's run is acknowledged by hardcore Blade fans. Also if you see Mighty Avengers 11, Blade has fangs, which means he was always half vampire, btw.

I haven't heard about his dad. Hope that isn't true. Ewing is good about continuity, I just hope he knows what do ignore.

phantom1527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Considering the fact that Blade was able to subdue a bitten Spider-Man (who's at least a 10 ton guy) makes me think Blade should be in the 10-20 ton range

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DarthAznable

@blackwind: Guggenheim's runs was indeed canon sadly.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BlackWind

@darthaznable: I still ignore it. I don't think much from it will forever be used. And it shouldn't. When someone gets their info from a character from the internet, their work on sale character should be tossed in the trash when it turns out bad.

Blade has enough crap in his basket with shaky continuity without the outright badness of that run.

Also Blade's more consistent feats are 3-6 tons. I'm quite happy with that.

phantom1527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackwind: I'd rather see him closer to 10 tons. I've always thought of him as in the Spider-Man range

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phantom1527: That's far too much. He doesn't out muscle opponents who are that much stronger than him.

Those times he fought a vamped Spider Man, sure Blade took some hits and gave some, but it is not consistent enough to out him at 10+ tons. He is more like 4 tons casusl, 6, max with extreme effort.

Blade doesn't rely completely on strength anyhow. He tends to either trap, or trick stronger people.

BRAX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: Blade has always been listed at about 1-2 tons of strength level..Jared Nomak from Blade II was far more stronger than him..If i were to guess I would say Nomak was around 4-5 tons of strength level which is well in excess of Blade's strenght..People tend to forget Blade wins his battle on the basis if his weaponry,intellegince, tactical, and martial arts skill..Other wise he would not have defeated Nomak or Dracula..Dracula is the king of vampires making him stronger than even Nomak..Blade mixed all these skills above along with that 1-2 ton strength level and came out on top..it's not always about who is the strongest..otherwise Spiderman and Captain America would be dead..Captain Atom would have never been able to go toe to toe with Superman: Superboy would have been killed by Superboy Prime etc etc...

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brax: Movie Blade and Comic Blade are different.

BRAX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackwind: So is comic Blade stronger than the movie Blade?

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brax: Yes. Harder, better, faster, and stronger.

Oscuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@phantom1527: @blackwind: @darthaznable: Just adding my two cent here, I think that Blade being in the 1-2 ton range isn't too bad. I feel that if he were fresh off a feeding that it would probably amp to 4 or 5 and when really pressed (be it anger, adrenaline or desperation) could go up to 8-10. All of this of course depends on whether his strength level naturally increased with age, which I personally think it should. So his base strength could possibly have boosted already. Please stay with me here, I know I'm getting a bit long winded. Even if his strength is low, in my opinion his striking power should be WAY above his perceived tier. His punches kicks etc. etc. should hurt like a b-tch when he hits someone. He is a master martial artist with superhuman physicals so that would only make sense.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By DarthAznable

@oscuro: But he doesn't really feed like that. He's never shown signs of being amped. Even before he got bit by Morbius, he had great strength. Like breaking out of a high level demon's tentacles by just flexing. He has been able to tangle with Spider-Man and easily overcame Deadpool who's peak human strength wise, maybe even low end superhuman. The most accurate showing of his powerset was MI:13 (ripped apart elevator doors with ease) and the 2002 mini that got canceled after 6 issues.

phantom1527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oscuro: In most mythology Vampires do get stronger as they age. Which would make me think that since Blade is 70+ years old and has a ton of combat experience he should very strong. The fact that he was able to put down a bitten Spider-Man makes me think Blade should be at least an 8 ton guy.

Oscuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Oscuro

Not exactly on topic but I don't acknowledge Guggenheim's run at all. The MI 13 stuff can stand but i replace that Blade with the one in Mighty Avengers.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BlackWind

@DarthAznable: @oscuro: Yes, Blade hits harder than he lifts. I think people forget striking power and lifting power are not the same kind of strength. Blade routinely kicks down steel doors, and has even shoved a big ass demon into a car and bent it with a palm thrust and tossed people far distances with one arm.

• Blade even once commented when he blew up a building just to hit someone that he felt he was healing faster, which was why he wasn't afraid to get caught in the explosion.

• Another example, Deadpool said the Blade trading cards were out of date and that he is stronger than they said. Its very likely he is getting stronger and better with age.

I'd say on a normal day, Blade is class 3 or so IMO. He doesn't get amped on blood in comics very often. If at all. Also, Guggenheim got his Blade info from the internet. He clearly knew NOTHING about the character and the shitty low end feats from his run should be ignored.

Seriously, Blade being too weak to break some handcuffs? Get that JV shit outta here!

Oscuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackwind: I think people forget that as well. I feel Blade should be punching the sh-t outta people. I don't see anybody killing Blade so the question now becomes how high can his abilities go if he lives to be 500, 1000 years old?

They need to show him get amped every now and again. Considering the current situation with the Deathwalkers, he will need to drink someone's blood and go on a rampage.

Breaking handcuffs should be a feat that pretty much every comic character can do unless said handcuffs are adamantium. That aint even JV, that is kids stuff lol

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By daredevil21134

@DarthAznable: @oscuro: Yes, Blade hits harder than he lifts. I think people forget striking power and lifting power are not the same kind of strength. Blade routinely kicks down steel doors, and has even shoved a big ass demon into a car and bent it with a palm thrust and tossed people far distances with one arm.

• Blade even once commented when he blew up a building just to hit someone that he felt he was healing faster, which was why he wasn't afraid to get caught in the explosion.

• Another example, Deadpool said the Blade trading cards were out of date and that he is stronger than they said. Its very likely he is getting stronger and better with age.

I'd say on a normal day, Blade is class 3 or so IMO. He doesn't get amped on blood in comics very often. If at all. Also, Guggenheim got his Blade info from the internet. He clearly knew NOTHING about the character and the shitty low end feats from his run should be ignored.

Seriously, Blade being too weak to break some handcuffs? Get that JV shit outta here!

Along with the revelation of his Father.

@oscuro said:

@blackwind: I think people forget that as well. I feel Blade should be punching the sh-t outta people. I don't see anybody killing Blade so the question now becomes how high can his abilities go if he lives to be 500, 1000 years old?

They need to show him get amped every now and again. Considering the current situation with the Deathwalkers, he will need to drink someone's blood and go on a rampage.

Breaking handcuffs should be a feat that pretty much every comic character can do unless said handcuffs are adamantium. That aint even JV, that is kids stuff lol

Marvel gave Winter Soldier another series and I hear Spider Woman is getting one. I have no idea how Blade still hasn't gotten a mini series or an ongoing since 2006

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134: Well if he gets more popular thanks to Mighty Avengers...He might well get one but I want a good writer. Someone who knows the character.

Dynamo8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think around 2.5 to 3 tons seems to be more fitting for him. Strong enough to break human bone in a punch or two while still utilizing his martial art skills to their fullest; I mean he never holds back in his fights, right?

Oscuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134: Al Ewing has impressed me a great deal. If they give the Legendary Daywalker his own book, it needs a top notch artist. Greg Land's artwork is hit and miss for me. Sometimes things look great and other times I'm like what the f-ck?

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oscuro said:

@daredevil21134: Al Ewing has impressed me a great deal. If they give the Legendary Daywalker his own book, it needs a top notch artist. Greg Land's artwork is hit and miss for me. Sometimes things look great and other times I'm like what the f-ck?

I hate Land's art, the only pic of Blade I liked that he did was the close up after he revealed himself to the Deathwalkers. I would Ewing and Finch.I just really hope Ewing ignores that awful Blade series in 2006

Oscuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134: We all want that crap to be ignored. It was atrocious. Ewing is doing great work. Or they could let me do it lol

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oscuro said:

@daredevil21134: We all want that crap to be ignored. It was atrocious. Ewing is doing great work. Or they could let me do it lol

You'd be a good candidate too

Oscuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134: Thanks for the vote of confidence amigo. If only I had any type of foothold in the industry. Maybe I would have a chance. By the way, new stuff is coming soon.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Ewing could make a good Blade solo. He has branched off into different supernatural territory than other writers. Speaking of which, other writers have tried to do the"I'll make Blade fight vampires that look more like monsters" in a half passed attempt to be versatile. Ewing did some truly unexpected, off the wall stuff with the Deathwalkers.

Why should other characters like Moon Knight and Punisher keep getting solo titles when Blade has to wait years in between?

Ondskapt666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Super Strength

dami24434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers