#1 Edited by novi_homines (1321 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it nearly time for his majesty to get his own live action film?!? I THINK SO!!!

Actor Morris Chestnut from Kick Ass 2, and Identity thief recently posted the following on both his facebook and twitter feed, which he later removed:

"It’s time to get familiar with the Black Panther character."

Link

So what do you think. Is there something to this? Do you think this is a good idea? And what do you think of the actor? Share your thoughts!

#2 Posted by TepidShark (14 posts) - - Show Bio

He later clarifyed that he may be playing Black Panther in Avengers 2 before a Black Panther solo movie.

#3 Posted by FlashKnight (444 posts) - - Show Bio

He later clarifyed that he may be playing Black Panther in Avengers 2 before a Black Panther solo movie.

I would be OK with that, but with Whedon's announcement of Quicksilver/Scarlet With, as well as Falcon joining, there isn't really much room for T'Challa in this movie. I feel like there is a really good chance we see him in Phase 3 however. At least I hope, he is my favorite Marvel superhero :)

#4 Posted by Farkam (3229 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by FlashKnight (444 posts) - - Show Bio

@farkam said:

@flashknight: When did Whedon say Falcon was joining?

Oh Whedon didn't say that specifically I just thought it was obvious.

#6 Edited by Farkam (3229 posts) - - Show Bio

@farkam said:

@flashknight: When did Whedon say Falcon was joining?

Oh Whedon didn't say that specifically I just thought it was obvious.

I don't think it is obvious. : - )

#7 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27653 posts) - - Show Bio

This happened a month ago?

#8 Posted by Atari_Graphics (176 posts) - - Show Bio

Morris Chestnut would have been a good choice in 1996. In a perfect world Dijmon Housou would be a great choice for the role, but hes hella old. His accent would of been perfect. He could probably play T Chaka now. I used to support the idea of Anthony Mackie playing the role but he's doing Falcon now. Chiwetel Ejiofor would be good too but he's 35 years old now and would be hard to pull off a young T Challa. My pick for young T'Challa origin story would be Micheal B Jordan. He's was tremendous on the The Wire, Friday Night Lights, and hes killing it right now in Fruitvale Station.

#9 Posted by DrunkVader (795 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it nearly time for his majesty to get his own live action film?!? I THINK SO!!!

Actor Morris Chestnut from Kick Ass 2, and Identity thief recently posted the following on both his facebook and twitter feed, which he later removed:

"It’s time to get familiar with the Black Panther character."

Link

So what do you think. Is there something to this? Do you think this is a good idea? And what do you think of the actor? Share your thoughts!

WILL SMITH!!!