Hero vs. Hero: Billy Batson vs. Ben Tennyson

HeWhoSees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hello all. I was just wondering what you, the people, thought on who is the better hero: Billy Batson or Ben Tennyson.

Now, I'm not going to ask for a comparison between New 52 Billy and young Ben, but rather, ANY version of Billy before New 52 and Teen Ben, specifically.

So, is wielder of the power of Shazam greater than the wielder of the Omnitrix?

WilliamJBatson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say Captain Marvel/Shazam would win. Captain Marvel possesses the power of six different gods. He has high-powered magic, faster than the speed of light, capable of lifting an entire continent, enough strength to defeat Superman in a fight, he can control the magic lightning (Strong enough to take out Mjolnir), he can also fly and possesses the Wisdom of Solomon. :) I think it's an easy win for Captain Marvel. Even more so if you're going off when Billy was the keeper of the Rock of Eternity, Lord Marvel. Since he had the power of the Wizard as well as the abilities of Captain Marvel. :]

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have to give it to the Captain: Ben's aliens have some very powerful abilities, but Ben favors brute force. He'll try and take down Marvel in hand to hand combat, and will be knocked out before he even realizes how screwed he is. Marvel's too strong.

HeWhoSees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, I meant, who is the better hero IN CHARACTER, not capability.

WilliamJBatson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hewhosees: Fair enough. Shazam still wins hands down. :]

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hewhosees: Billy still, ben is arrogant and cocky

bee14ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jesus, you people really are obsessed with heroes fighting each other. But still, I agree with everyone here. Billy is the better hero. The fact that his boy scoutedness has been compared to Superman before speaks volumes. Certainly puts him above Ben, of whom I don't think I've seen any growth in his character since Alien Force, maybe Ultimate Alien. He's been doing this for years, yet remains this stupid, cocky, brat of a kid who occasionally shows some good qualities.

MissKat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MissKat

I for one think that Ben is the better hero. He has done so much for the Universe, and he's only 16. That's amazing to me. Ever since he was a 10 year old kid, he's always had a sense of justice and to do what is right even if it puts him in danger. He's a really good fighter with or without the omnitrix and always knows what to do to win. Even if it may seem impossible for him to win, I wouldn't doubt him. Big things come in small packages sometimes.

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Character pre52 billy,

new52 billy and ben(15/16) has the same character somehow.

Power-wise: lord shazam is nigh-omnipotent, alien-x is omnipotent.

"vs" wise: both have the capability to win, billy has the physical advantage, ben has the energy advantage, i give billy the win here, since ben loves to start with muscles before changing, and am 90% sure he would start with four arms or humongosaur first, who billy will pound, ben will lose before he figures out an alien to defeat billy.

I love to see heroes tagging along not fighting each other.