• 79 results
gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Going into Big Hero 6, it was hard to know what to really expect. Comic readers are probably aware that these characters exist in the Marvel Universe--although in a completely different form. With the Disney logo front and center, it was clear this was going to be something unlike what we were familiar with in the comics.

In a typical Disney animated fashion, we get a great introduction to Hiro Hamada (Hiro Takachiho in the comics) and his older brother. Living with their aunt, they've already gone through some of the natural stages of the superhero origin journey having lost their parents years ago. Hiro is a likable character right from the beginning. He's a fourteen-year-old genius and doesn't seem to have a care in the world. You see where this is going, right?

No Caption Provided

In order to make the transition from an average fourteen-year-old robotics prodigy to a full-fledged superhero, something big has to happen. In the early half of the movie, it almost felt as if the story was too cookie-cutter. We see things starting to build up in a positive direction and are introduced to even more likable characters. Things are just going too well for Hiro.

Despite knowing there is some impending doom on the way, once it does hit, you can't help but feel the emotions Hiro is going through. This, along with the innocence of Baymax, a robot healthcare companion built by Hiro's brother, gets you emotionally invested in the movie. Through additional events, we now have a reason for the action to kick in further and soon there is the discovery of an actual supervillain in San Fransokyo.

No Caption Provided

Even though you'll likely have a smile on your face as you're watching, you can't help the feeling that you already know how the movie is going to continue. You'll be ready to decide you know exactly how it will all end. Thankfully, that isn't the case. Things do start to twist and turn.

No Caption Provided

The action and animation are fantastic. San Fransokyo looks amazing. It's almost like the animators are just trying to show off. There is an incredible amount of detail and this is just one reason I'd want to see the movie again. The contrast of light and dark in different scenes makes it easy to become immersed in this new world. The fact that Hiro's new friends will soon get fancy new suits is welcomed because you just want to see more of these visuals.

You can also see there is a pretty diverse group of characters with the core cast. It's not forced upon you in the movie but having different characters a wide audience can relate too isn't a bad thing. It's not often we seamlessly get this sort of diversity.

If you're hoping to not fall in love with Baymax, I'm sorry to say that just might not be possible. Each character has their own personalities and traits that sets them apart. They felt a little typical in the beginning. I didn't think I'd care for Go Go Tomago's edgy attitude or Fred's constant comedy-relief dialogue but this was yet another thing that changed during the course of the movie. I just couldn't help myself but start liking them all.

This might be a kids' movie but there are moments when things get a little heavy. Be prepared for the movie to play with your emotions. Still, it is an incredibly feel-good movie. There's a mix of things that work for the kids and some that work for the adults. The action scenes don't necessarily get too intense but there will likely be some moments of sadness along with joy. The entire audience left the movie theater in high spirits.

No Caption Provided

Is Big Hero 6 a perfect movie? Not quite. It does have a lot of heart. It will capture your attention and will entertain you immensely. Some moments are predictable and a little cliché but you won't really give it a second thought because you'll be having so much fun. There's action, humor, suspense, and surprises to keep you glued. It's a great family movie and you'll find yourself wanting a sequel as soon as it's over. Speaking of the ending, make sure you stay until the very end, of course. There is a scene after all the credits.

I didn't think I'd fall in love with this movie. It just couldn't be helped.

SynCig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 45

I'm so glad you really enjoyed this Tony. I can't wait to see it. Looks like an absolute delight.

MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Looking forward to seeing this movie(hopefully soon)!!!

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Getting a real 2000's Teen Titans Animated series vibe from this.

MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5 tparks  Online

Awesome to see this get a 5 star. Glad there is some Marvel(ish) stuff for kids on the big screen.

UltimateSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@captainmarvel4ever said:

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

I sure hope it's a good thing. I loved Teen Titans.

CrystalMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kurosame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9  Edited By Kurosame

I am really mad that we have to wait over ******* two months for this movie in Germany.

I am so looking forward to this. q_q

It's no surprise that people start to download films illegally. :(

StarWatcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't wait to go see this, but no one wants to come along! I have a hard time motivating people to watch cartoon, it always peeves me off.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hairy baby.

Gjgp27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@starwatcher: well when it looks like this, I can't blame them.

MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gjgp27: looks like what? A good movie?

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'm mixed about this movie. I want to see the movie because it's Marvel and I truly am curious about what this film has to offer. But at the same time I'm not one for kids movies, or anything animated (I can't even watch American Dad with out turning it off). Looks like I may have to wait for a few more reviews before further judgement.

StarWatcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gjgp27 said:

@starwatcher: well when it looks like this, I can't blame them.

What's wrong with how it looks, even?

Avatar image for captaingenisvell
CaptainGenisVell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

...and I have to wait till January to see this....Damn you Disney!

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By WaveMotionCannon

@starwatcher: he's hating DC guy pay no mind.

I'm definitely going to catch this tomorrow.

Gjgp27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matthewparker: @starwatcher: I mean that it looks needlessly kiddy and full of comedy. Cuz of course, we can't have a kids movie that's serious. They're too stupid for it.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 the_stegman  Moderator

I'm seeing it tonight! I can't wait, this looks awesome!

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#21 owie  Moderator

Good to see this review. I wasn't sure how it was going to be from the trailers, but it sounds like my kids will like it.

kennybaese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

I'm definitely going to go see this at some point. This weekend is Interstellar weekend for me, but I'll see it as soon as I can.

NukeA6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This movie really went under my radar probably because all the hype went missing with the all the news for other superhero movies. Well since all reports of it are positive, I will be seeing it soon.

EscGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't wait to watch this with the kids tonight, we're gonna have a blast. Thanks G-Man

Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Loved it! I agree completely.

MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By MatthewParker

@gjgp27: Since when is being full of humor a bad thing? It doesn't look needlessly kiddy, it looks like a really fun family film. Not everything needs to be dark and humorless you know, especially since this is a Family Film we are talking about.

Dedpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ABSOLUTELY Cannot wait to take my daughter!! We're going to have a blast!!

Hermatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't wait to see this!

Is there an end credit scene like the rest of the Marvel movies?

MrStryve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because I live in the UK I have to wait for the theatrical release but having watched the trailer a couple of times I'm already subjecting my cat to occasional "Haaairy baby!" pettings.

Gjgp27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for timelordscience
TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I saw it. It was fun and the humor with Baymax was great.

I found the story to be extremely predictable though.

CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't wait to take my 7 year old son to see this. I expect a) he's going to love it, and b) Santa's going to be looking for some BH6 toys this year.

Gjgp27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By gmanfromheck

@hermatt: Absolutely stay until the very very end. After all the credits. That's all I'll say.

MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gjgp27: I hope you're kidding(I assume you are).

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

#37  Edited By Black_Claw

@matthewparker: Please refrain from feeding the troll.

And I saw this movie yesterday, and it's pretty amazing.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

#38  Edited By StMichalofWilson

Great

Gjgp27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Gjgp27
d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

I'm surprised Disney/Marvel didn't start off with Power Pack as their lead in animated feature for kids. But I guess as long as it's made well it doesn't matter what they choose. Can't wait to see it.

MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By MatthewParker

@d9000: I hope they do Power Pack next! I wonder if it would be connected to Big Hero 6? MAU? Marvel animated Universe?

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll probably watch Interstellar first than this.

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, when I read about this months ago I thought it was like oh cool something like DC animated I expected(man was I wrong lol) If you check out the BH6(comics) ENTIRELY different...man, Disney what the hell? I guess cause it's animated they can get away with making the drastic changes but I am kind of newer to BH6 but man if I were a serious fan I'd actually be annoyed at how different this is. I guess it's good family or kiddy film though.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@d9000: I hope they do Power Pack next! I wonder if it would be connected to Big Hero 6? MAU? Marvel animated Universe?

I've been hearing a lot about this power pack team ever since the buzz for BH6 started going strong. And what other Marvel characters do you think would be good for the animated disney treatment?

MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matthewparker said:

I've been hearing a lot about this power pack team ever since the buzz for BH6 started going strong. And what other Marvel characters do you think would be good for the animated disney treatment?

Hmm,I don't know, lemme think about it and ill get back to you. Maybe Squirrel Girl, and The Great Lake Avengers? I'm half joking, but it has be more obscure characters that Marvel Studios definitely won't use in the MCU.

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_claw said:

@matthewparker said:

Hmm,I don't know, lemme think about it and ill get back to you. Maybe Squirrel Girl, and The Great Lake Avengers? I'm half joking, but it has be more obscure characters that Marvel Studios definitely won't use in the MCU.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, good question. I was just thinking, since they took BH6 and made it family friendly maybe they could do the same with Runaways? That's about kids and if they can take original BH6 and make it work for kids they should be able to do it with Runaways.

Maybe one of the young spider people like Anya Corazon (Spider-Girl) would make a good kids movie.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@d9000: Doesn't Sony have the movie rights to the Spiderman characters?

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@d9000: Doesn't Sony have the movie rights to the Spiderman characters?

Oh yeah, I guess that's true. But the Spider-Man cartoon shows aren't made by Sony, they're made by Disney. Does that mean anything? Maybe if it's animated that makes a difference? Better call my lawyer o_o