#1 Edited by BlackWind (6109 posts) - - Show Bio

Orion has shown up in the reboot, so I'm hoping quite a few other New Gods are on their way. Most of all, Big Barda. This thread is about her possible portrayal in the reboot. I was curious how other fans of her would like to to see her written.

First of all, I'd like her to be more than just Mister Miracle's wife.

For crap's sake, get her height right.

And I've always been interested in what platonic ideal Barda personifies as a New God.

I think we can safety say that abomination of a sex tape no longer exists.

Anyway, what would everyone else like like to see from her in the new 52?

#2 Posted by starrk_coyote (623 posts) - - Show Bio

from with i want to see her height 8'5 feet tall and 465 lbd weight ways :) i mean i want to see her is Muscled up. you know what i mean? :)

#3 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

I enjoy her. I'd love to read a 52 book of the New Gods.

#4 Posted by BR_Havoc (1286 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly I would like to she her and Mister Miracle together but I would like them to go more in depth about there relationship (I mean Jack Kirby did base her off of his wife and MM off of himself). I would like to she her be shown as the mighty warrior she is but with the soft spot she has for Scott. My only hope is they show up in Wonder Woman first and that they are already married when they first appear.

And yes I would adore a New Gods book.

#5 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2633 posts) - - Show Bio

YES!!!! NEW GODS FTW!!!!!!!!

#6 Posted by MrMiracle77 (1659 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, if you need a temporary Barda fix, she's been appearing regularly in Batman Beyond Unlimited. The current issue even has her origin story.

#7 Posted by BlackWind (6109 posts) - - Show Bio

@MrMiracle77 said:

Well, if you need a temporary Barda fix, she's been appearing regularly in Batman Beyond Unlimited. The current issue even has her origin story.

Fix? Man, I need to get stoned off of Barda.

#8 Posted by theOVOXO (94 posts) - - Show Bio

I would really like to see Big Barda in the new 52. A team up with WW would be awsome.

#9 Posted by SavageDragon (2252 posts) - - Show Bio

They should make her look like Joe Keatings Glory. Minus the light skin.

#10 Posted by judasnixon (6497 posts) - - Show Bio

I like New 52's Big Barda's look...

#11 Posted by Dana_Free (9 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Edited by deaditegonzo (3686 posts) - - Show Bio

- Dont let her be used to show off Wonder Woman anymore. I love Wonder Woman, but these two should basically be equals, and we dont need to see WW laying her out to know that WW is tough, WE KNOW THAT ALREADY.

- Im thinking make her a well developed character in her own right. In a lot ways, she is more intriguing than Mister Miracle himself, IMO, and deserves total focus when she is introduced. Id say dont even have their marriage established right away.

- A New Gods book would be awesome and make for a great way to explore these lesser known characters.

- Redo the Sex Tape arc. (Kidding... kinda >.>)