#1 Posted by FlashDamn (947 posts) - - Show Bio

The August solicits indicate that "Red She-Hulk" has been cancelled, which Marvel has confirmed.The Jeff Parker-written series earned accolades for its treatment of the female superhero idea, but that talk didn't appear to translate into strong sales. The book's final issue is July's #67, the conclusion of the "Route 616" arc.

What do you guys think?

#2 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (8222 posts) - - Show Bio

What? and Gambit's still going?

#3 Edited by TheManInTheShoe (3878 posts) - - Show Bio

Too bad, we need more female characters who isn't sex objects, and I've never gotten that feeling from her.

#4 Edited by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

Of course, Marvel always mistreats jeff parker.

#5 Posted by RedQueen (1171 posts) - - Show Bio

This has me extremely worried about Captain Marvel, and Journey into Mystery. This in on my pull-list, and I've been meaning to drop it after #67...so it's kind of a plus.

#6 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (11504 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm I didn't like it at first,but I was getting accustomed to it ...even started to like it, Hopefully we see her in Indestructible Hulk.

#7 Edited by Vance Astro (91286 posts) - - Show Bio

It only did 15,000 units last month. This shouldn't be a surprise. You can't give a character a big push, give them their own series and then ignore them. That's how a solo doesn't sell. Marvel made Red Hulk a force to be reckoned with in no time by simply making him matter to the Marvel Universe, why as soon as that Hulk style character gets boobs and vagina..Marvel can't seem to figure out how to sell them? How about doing what you've already done for male characters? It's like they are trying to ration out success over at Marvel. Is it that hard to make a character do something that is actually meaningful? You do it every month with Wolverine,Spider-Man,Hulk,Thor,Cap etc. This is getting ridiculous. It's like, why even bother giving female characters any spotlight? You shine on it on them for such little time, people stop caring. They cancelled the Defenders book she was appearing in. If all the members are female, why not just put her on the Fearless Defenders book? She was with the Avengers during Fear Itself right? Why not leave her there? I don't get it. If they could make Deadpool's worthless ass popular, why not a She-Hulk (Jen,Betty,or Lyra it doesn't matter)?

#8 Posted by FlashDamn (947 posts) - - Show Bio

Some pretty intense opinions here

#9 Edited by Mercy_ (92849 posts) - - Show Bio
Moderator Online
#10 Posted by FlashDamn (947 posts) - - Show Bio

@mercy_ said:

@battle_forum_junkie: Gambit is great

really? I heard pretty bad opinions and reviews of it although I never read it and I like the character

#11 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@mercy_ said:

really? I heard pretty bad opinions and reviews of it although I never read it and I like the character

I've heard the exact opposite. and the only time i found gambit good is when she appears as Laura's mentor.

#12 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (8222 posts) - - Show Bio

@flashdamn said:

@mercy_ said:

I've heard the exact opposite. and the only time i found gambit good is when she appears as Laura's mentor.

Oh, nothing against the title, I just thought Gambit was selling even less then She-Hulk.

#13 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6417 posts) - - Show Bio

I was considering catching up with this series, but I never quite got round to it. Bit late now, but I'll maybe get caught up or get it in TPBs. It's disappointing to see one of the few female solo titles cancelled. We need to see a proper effort in promoting female characters, like, why not organise launch parties like they did with Guardians Of The Galaxy #1?

I feel like I want to do something about this, but I don't know what I can do. I might just start emailing and tweeting Marvel showing interest in female solo tiles. If enough people do that we might get some results.

#14 Posted by Billy Batson (58147 posts) - - Show Bio

We need to see a proper effort in promoting female characters, like, why not organise launch parties like they did with Guardians Of The Galaxy #1?

Because they're having a movie?
BB

#15 Posted by SmashBrawler (5949 posts) - - Show Bio

And here I thought Morbius was gonna be the first one to go.

#16 Edited by Joygirl (20060 posts) - - Show Bio

No. Please. Don't.

#17 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6417 posts) - - Show Bio

@billy_batson: I just used that as an example of the kind of event they could put on in order to promote comics. If they put big effort into launching other titles, wouldn't they sell more comics?

#18 Posted by Billy Batson (58147 posts) - - Show Bio

@v_scarlotte_rose:

Of course. Marvel just hasn't really promoted Red Hulk since Loeb's run.

BB

#19 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl said:

No. Please. Don't.

Don't be surprised Marvel treats Bendis like a god while Jeff Parker, an awesome writer get the short end of the stick for now F*cking reason. and Red she Hulk was actually really good.

#20 Posted by FlashDamn (947 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't mind Dc cancelling books most of the books the cancel are already bad but when marvel cancels something it has to be good and yet another reason for me to hate marvel

#21 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

yet gambit is still going. nice. really nice marvel. what are you cancelling next journey into mystery? uuuu dont you even think about you s.o.b.s

#22 Posted by RedQueen (1171 posts) - - Show Bio

yet gambit is still going. nice. really nice marvel. what are you cancelling next journey into mystery? uuuu dont you even think about you s.o.b.s

You've just jinxed it. Nice going. *rolls eyes*

:P

#23 Posted by Teerack (7058 posts) - - Show Bio

That sucks :\ Red She-Hulk is the best! And Machine Man is cool to. :( Hope they at least end up somewhere else.

#24 Edited by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6417 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack: Maybe Machine Man will end up in A.I. Seems like an appropriate place for him.

#25 Posted by FlashDamn (947 posts) - - Show Bio

Machine Man is cool

#26 Posted by God_Spawn (38098 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Edited by Teerack (7058 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack: Maybe Machine Man will end up in A.I. Seems like an appropriate place for him.

Eh, AoU is a time travel event so none of it matters :P (least not to me when it wont last)

#28 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6417 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack: No, I mean Avengers A.I. Hank Pyms all android Avengers team. Starts in July.

#29 Posted by yo_yo_fun (643 posts) - - Show Bio

This sucks:/

I was thinking of getting into Red She Hulk on the next story arc.

#30 Edited by Teerack (7058 posts) - - Show Bio

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

@teerack:

No, I mean Avengers A.I. Hank Pyms all android Avengers team. Starts in July.

I thought that was just an AoU tie in? :o that's the best Avengers team if it's a legit series. Who's the hottie up front? And is that Cheesecake in the back? :3

Hope they don't forget Jocasta.... maybe Deathlok?

#31 Posted by Dernman (15234 posts) - - Show Bio

The book was ok but I hated how it uses mythos from Hickman's SHIELD. Even though the book was ok I never like that Red Hulk or Red She Hulk ever existed.

Here is to hoping Marvel fixes that.

#32 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6417 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack: There's an issue called Age Of Ultron #10A.I. which leads into this I think. But this is an ongoing series that I think is happening as a result of things that happen in Age Of Ultron. I'm not totally sure.

The line-up to begin with is: "The Vision, founding Avenger Hank Pym, Ultron’s son Victor Mancha, Monica Chang, a Doombot and new character Alexis"

I get the feeling that other robots/androids could appear now and again.

#33 Edited by Teerack (7058 posts) - - Show Bio

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

@teerack:

There's an issue called Age Of Ultron #10A.I. which leads into this I think. But this is an ongoing series that I think is happening as a result of things that happen in Age Of Ultron. I'm not totally sure.

The line-up to begin with is:

"The Vision, founding Avenger Hank Pym, Ultron’s son Victor Mancha, Monica Chang, a Doombot and new character Alexis"

I get the feeling that other robots/androids could appear now and again.

Well this makes me less upset about this bad news. Monica Chang wras Nick Fury's ex girlfriends and the only spy on Fury's level.

#34 Edited by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6417 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by Tyrannotaur (288 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a shame. I really loved this book. I sorta of saw this coming though. I really hope Betty doesn't get lost in the ether like Black Cat and only ends up showing up randomly in other books. I hope they stick her on a team book that sells well enough so I can still read stories with her in it.

This nowhere near sucks as bad as when X-23 got canceled, but its still close. Stop canceling female hero books Marvel. Fingers crossed Captain Marvel, Fearless Defenders, and JIM survive.

#36 Posted by FlashDamn (947 posts) - - Show Bio

BUMP

#37 Posted by TDK_1997 (14985 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel don't care about Jeff Parker and his books.I loved Red She-Hulk but I was sure that it would get cancelled.

#38 Posted by Vance Astro (91286 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull said:

@joygirl said:

No. Please. Don't.

Don't be surprised Marvel treats Bendis like a god while Jeff Parker, an awesome writer get the short end of the stick for now F*cking reason. and Red she Hulk was actually really good.

To be fair, Jeff Parker always gets the short end of the stick and he's written for more than just Marvel.

Fingers crossed Captain Marvel, Fearless Defenders, and JIM survive.

All those books are doing really bad.

#39 Posted by Mercy_ (92849 posts) - - Show Bio

Funny that :( They've announced that Gambit's cancelled.

Moderator Online
#40 Edited by Battle_Forum_Junkie (8222 posts) - - Show Bio

@mercy_ said:

@battle_forum_junkie said:

Funny that :( They've announced that Gambit's cancelled.

Oh...

#41 Edited by M3th (2099 posts) - - Show Bio

@battle_forum_junkie: Plus Gambit has actually been beating Red She-Hulk in sales.

Everyone if you love a series in comics be more vocal about it. I can't coubt how many times I see people express their love for a series once it gets cancelled.

#42 Edited by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

bliad.

#43 Posted by jointron33 (1902 posts) - - Show Bio
#44 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6417 posts) - - Show Bio
#45 Posted by Cobalion (188 posts) - - Show Bio

I tried this book randomly starting at #58 thinking this looks bad and bland.

Man, was I surprised Jeff Parker actually made like a character that I used to think was useless. Betty is my favourite gamma-zon.

Machine man and Red She Hulk are a good couple. Who says A.I and Gamma radiation don't mix?