• 91 results
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By King_Saturn
 Can Wonder Woman defeat Orion in an all out battle in Smallville ?

caption
caption

caption
caption
Avatar image for thisisgonnahurt
ThisIsGonnaHurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By ThisIsGonnaHurt

Wonder Woman wins by a thread and Smallville becomes a crater.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By King_Saturn
I dont know. This fight could go either way. But I wont say you are wrong for picking Wonder Woman... she can win here
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Nice battle. Orion is a tank as is Wonder Woman. I'd say Orion's Apocalyptic weaponry gives him an advantage but I'm only speculating. If someone has some nice showings of Orion in action it would be appreciated.

SeSAW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SeSAW

Orion would kill her easily, hes KOed Superman more than once and should be more powerful than him. He could easily beat Wonder Woman.

Ball Buster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Ball Buster

I say Orion. Only because of his head to head battles with superman and his good old dad.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By the creator

Good selection of combatants.

Looking at the 2,

Strength: Wonder Woman is the stronger of the 2 as her strength is closer to that of Superman's level. I would say that she is roughly 20 - 30% stronger than Orion based on older figures and quotes from Who's Who and other DC publications.
Durability: I think that Orion is slightly more durable to kinectic damage and a fair bit more durable to energy attacks. Both are capable of withstanding blows from beings in Superman strength class. However WW can augment her durability by blocking attacks with her Bracers.
Endurance: Again I would tend to favour Orion to have a slight edge but both could easily battle for several days without any signs of tiring. It's close enough to not effect the battle.
Reaction Speed and Agility: WW is the quicker reacting and more agile of the 2. Her speed has enabled her to react to and keep pace with Jessie Quick (although Ms Quick might not have been going flat out). Orion is far from slow, being able to effectively engage super fast beings in combat but he lacks true speedster like super speed reactions.
Fighting Skills: Both are hugely taleneted and well trained fighters, particularly in hand to hand combat. Orion has the longer training periods and much longer time to gain experience (as he has lived for millenia, enagaging in countless battles with the forces of Apocalypse). WW stays calmer in battle while Orion tends to verge on being beserk. Overall I would say theat Orion has a smalle edge but not enough to make any significant difference.
Movement: WW can fly at very high velocities (speeds rivaling Superman within the Earth's atmosphere). Orion (via the Astro harness) can match these speeds.
Others: WW has her indestrucible lasso that has immense benefits for containing and holding opponents. Orion however has a long distance weapon - the Astro Force. This energy weapon, often seen projected as beams of energy or balls of energy, is hugekly distructive. It has proven capable in the past of stunning even Superman. Continued bombardment from it once almost destroyed the surface of a planet. Finally Orion also has access to his Motherbox that can accomplish a variety of effects including changing the effect of gravity in an area, transfering energy from place to place, controlling the mental state of it's host, communicating telepathically with it's host or other life form, manipulating the life-force of the host to sustain it past fatal injuries, access boom tubes, take control of non-sentient machines, evolve non-sentient machines and sustain a life form in a hostile environment such as space.

I can see either combatant winning this but based on everything but I would give Orion a small edge.

SeSAW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SeSAW

What Creator ?you actually think Wonder Woman is stronger than Orion no way. Actually Orion should be stronger than Superman he has the same genetic make up of Darkseid, and on occasion hes proved to be at least as strong and probably stronger than Supes.

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By lordraiden

Orion, quite handily once he takes the gloves off!

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Hadrelius

I would give the edge to WW. She is a better fighter and equal to him in strength.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AtPhantom

I would generally agree with The Creator's claims, only i think Orion is stronger than WW, a lot more durable, because WW doesn't have impenetrable skin, and with the astro-harness, is easily capable of going beyond her speed.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By the creator
SeSAW said:

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By AtPhantom
the creator said:
Orion might be more durable to energy attacks than WW (who is far above human in this regard, having taken a full strength beam of Superman's heat vision to her face. Yes it only touched her for a second and it did burn her but we are talking about a beam with a temperature of hundreds of thousands of degrees Centigrade. That beam would have cut through steel like a hot knife through butter.
As for her durability to phsical blows, she has withstood full strength blows from Superman, Capt Marvel and Zoom (with an almost Infinate Mass punch). Orion has been hurt by Kalibak with repeated punches so I really don't think that against physical blows there is a lot in it.
WW can also parry his energy attacks as most of the time the astro force is projected as a bolt of energy rather than a large engulfing ball of energy.

As for flying faster than her, yes he may be able to in space as the astroharness can match the speed of an accelerating spaceship. For really large distance travel he uses a boom tube (via his motherbox). While in the atmosphere (just like other superfast flyers like Superman), they both typically have a limit to the speed they can go without destroying the environment.
However, WW has true super speed, which has the added benefit of superfast acceleration for the users modes of movement. Therefore I think (basing it on her matching the speed of speedsters) that she can out accelerate Orion but he can match her top speed."
You make a good point. but her skin is still easily pierced by bullets, hence the bracelets. The heat beam went through her skin and stopped at her bones, demonstrating her durability rather than invulnerability. As for the astro force, in death od the new gods, Orion took out Kalibak and Mantis, who just knocked out superman, with one blast (along wtih a bigger part of supertown).

Also, it's important to establish what version of Orion we're dealing with here. The Final Crisis Orion was been amped up a bit, taking out darkseid when he has already disabled the justice league and the new god powered Jimmy Olsen.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By King_Saturn
I am kind of leaning towards Wonder Woman here... not totally sure though
Valtot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Valtot

orion as hes shown to match superman physically, better durablity by far, stamina goes to him, fighting experience goes to him, hes more willing to kill her straight up depending on the situation.  Though wonderwoman is alot smart and wont lose he cool so easy but because of astro force orion takes it.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By King_Saturn
nice to see my old stuff back again
Cats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Cats
@King Saturn said:
"I am kind of leaning towards Wonder Woman here... not totally sure though
"

This.....
PirateKing69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By PirateKing69

It could go either way imo but i'm leaning towards Orion....the creator made a good post

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19  Edited By MrDirector786

Orion

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Silver2467

I would give Orion a slight edge. 

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#21  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
@PirateKing69 said:
"It could go either way imo but i'm leaning towards Orion....the creator made a good post "

this
Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#22  Edited By Pokeysteve
Ocelot100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Ocelot100

orion takes this 

Avatar image for jesusdisciple001
jesusdisciple001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By jesusdisciple001

Everyone get WW #15 right now and post some scans please, my scanner is broken.

TotalBalance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TotalBalance

I would side with Orion 6/10 in this fight unless...

This song is playing, Then Wonder Woman takes it 11/10.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By dondave

Orio takes this

jobbernos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By jobbernos

@Silver2467 said:

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

Personally, Diana would probably win in the end. Orion is probably slightly stronger although she has more lifting feats, they've both fought Superman several times with no clear victor but Wonder Woman did knock out Superman for a short time with a kick when she went to pursue Max Lord as well as Orion when he hit Superman with Astro Force energy but as far as strength goes, Diana has more to show for it. Skill wise they are also on the same page, both masterfully trained in martial arts and hand to hand combat. Wonder Woman has a slight advantage in skill and stamina due to her quoted feats and her on panel feats such as defeating Artemis while unarmed and powerless and Artemis was still superhuman and armed, as well as the 1000 year war along side Superman. Durability is also a bit iffy, Orion's taken hits from Superman, Black Adam, Mantis and faught/killed Darkseid as well as fatal shots from Darkseid's best guns and came out alive, healing from them shortly after. Diana also has great durability such as taking hits from a bloodlusted Superman from the sun to earth as well as surviving multiple speed blitzes from Zoom who she stated hits harder than Superman also taking shots from Ares, Zues, and Hades. Outside of Orion's use of a mother box, Diana's healing may also be better than his due to Gaea's blessing, her bracers also give her an edge in defensive capabilities since they've countered attacks on a scale that not even he can generate or survive. Speed is obviously in Diana's favor, Orion is a super speedster and as reaction feats that put him on good standing in a direct fight like fighting lightray who as his name suggest, moves at the speed of light, but Diana has caught up to and reacted to flash, jessie quick, and Zoom and has several confirmed light speed reaction feats. Power output is obviously in Orion's favor, his use of the Astro Force has put Superman out in one shot, destroyed large sections of Apokolips, and has even powered him up enough to fight Darkseid who was empowered by the Soulfire Formula for a short time. Wonder Woman isn't at all lacking though, she can channel magical lightning from Zeus through her Aegis Bracers which injured a skyfather and killed an elder god. She can also summon the power of the Godwave, which increases her power but the extent is unspecified. Her lasso and tiara are major factors as well being that they are unbreakable as well as the lasso's magical fire abilities and the tiara's sharpness being akin to that of the famed Sword of Hephaestus.

Overall, Diana has the advantage where it matters, speed, defense and endurance. She's faster in combat than Orion, she's able to back up her speed with her nigh unbreakable defense and she can keep it up due to her vast endurance. Their skill is almost evenly matched as well as their strength and durability, they both have their own blatant advantages, Orion has power output and energy projection while Diana has speed and reaction. The main thing about these two evenly matched warriors is that Diana has better equipment due to it's magical properties such as most of it being unbreakable, that being said, she can best utilize this when combined with her greater speed and block even his most devastating attacks while having the availability to land her own with similar devastation such as her tiara, lasso and lightning.

In closing, Wonder Woman, Champion of the Old Gods, prevails against her New God equal Orion, the Dog of War.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#29  Edited By Hyperlight

@Silver2467 said:

i agree.... if he has his astro harness... if he doesnt have that than she wins

monarch_prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By monarch_prime

Orion.

MaxSchreck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31  Edited By MaxSchreck

I think Orion would win. Weren`t Wonder Woman and Orion supposed to fight in her book ? How did that confrontation end ?

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#32  Edited By Stronger

Orion.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Dextersinister

@MaxSchreck said:

I think Orion would win. Weren`t Wonder Woman and Orion supposed to fight in her book ? How did that confrontation end ?

Didn't even start, it could be possible that they are going to have current WW be almost as strong as Superman with the fight being a stalemate thanks to her skill. I'm putting good money on the Supes/Orion fight being a stalemate so the answer to the thread is possibly a stalemate without the bike.

JuliusTakalua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_creator: what? Orion's way stronger than Superman for sure. I thought during the pre jobberseid days, Orion was a match against DS. So that should be sth right.

And although Orion is older and is an extremely good fighter. I think WW has more skill IMO. WW is a lil weaker than Orion but with greater skill, won't matter TOO much right?

But in terms of durability, speed, invulnerability, gear, and raw power. Orion wins. He has mother box, his rapid healing ability, Astro Force, divine rage, Harness, and, if I remember correctly, he could take a planetoid hit and survive that.

I don't see how the AF could NOT one shot WW. especially with his wrist bands, Harness, and speed factor. He could be more versatile in a combat situation and rain the fury of the source down and WW.

But a close h2h should go to WW. She has enough strength and skills to beat Orion. Rather easily IMO

BTW sorry for bringing this up after 6 months and 18 hours lol

Pope052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juliustakalua:

Well done, you've replied to a post somebody made over 4 years ago...

Moonman78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ww gets owned here, Orion has every advantage you can name over her other than speed, and with his tech he has that as well

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I back Orion in a heck of a fight. Both are strong martial artists, and her bracelets mean it will come down to melee.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ww gets owned here, Orion has every advantage you can name over her other than speed, and with his tech he has that as well

Personally, Diana would probably win in the end. Orion is probably slightly stronger although she has more lifting feats, they've both fought Superman several times with no clear victor but Wonder Woman did knock out Superman for a short time with a kick when she went to pursue Max Lord as well as Orion when he hit Superman with Astro Force energy but as far as strength goes, Diana has more to show for it. Skill wise they are also on the same page, both masterfully trained in martial arts and hand to hand combat. Wonder Woman has a slight advantage in skill and stamina due to her quoted feats and her on panel feats such as defeating Artemis while unarmed and powerless and Artemis was still superhuman and armed, as well as the 1000 year war along side Superman. Durability is also a bit iffy, Orion's taken hits from Superman, Black Adam, Mantis and faught/killed Darkseid as well as fatal shots from Darkseid's best guns and came out alive, healing from them shortly after. Diana also has great durability such as taking hits from a bloodlusted Superman from the sun to earth as well as surviving multiple speed blitzes from Zoom who she stated hits harder than Superman also taking shots from Ares, Zues, and Hades. Outside of Orion's use of a mother box, Diana's healing may also be better than his due to Gaea's blessing, her bracers also give her an edge in defensive capabilities since they've countered attacks on a scale that not even he can generate or survive. Speed is obviously in Diana's favor, Orion is a super speedster and as reaction feats that put him on good standing in a direct fight like fighting lightray who as his name suggest, moves at the speed of light, but Diana has caught up to and reacted to flash, jessie quick, and Zoom and has several confirmed light speed reaction feats. Power output is obviously in Orion's favor, his use of the Astro Force has put Superman out in one shot, destroyed large sections of Apokolips, and has even powered him up enough to fight Darkseid who was empowered by the Soulfire Formula for a short time. Wonder Woman isn't at all lacking though, she can channel magical lightning from Zeus through her Aegis Bracers which injured a skyfather and killed an elder god. She can also summon the power of the Godwave, which increases her power but the extent is unspecified. Her lasso and tiara are major factors as well being that they are unbreakable as well as the lasso's magical fire abilities and the tiara's sharpness being akin to that of the famed Sword of Hephaestus.

Overall, Diana has the advantage where it matters, speed, defense and endurance. She's faster in combat than Orion, she's able to back up her speed with her nigh unbreakable defense and she can keep it up due to her vast endurance. Their skill is almost evenly matched as well as their strength and durability, they both have their own blatant advantages, Orion has power output and energy projection while Diana has speed and reaction. The main thing about these two evenly matched warriors is that Diana has better equipment due to it's magical properties such as most of it being unbreakable, that being said, she can best utilize this when combined with her greater speed and block even his most devastating attacks while having the availability to land her own with similar devastation such as her tiara, lasso and lightning.

In closing, Wonder Woman, Champion of the Old Gods, prevails against her New God equal Orion, the Dog of War.

I beg to differ, the only way Orion wins is through BFR, outside of it, he lacks the speed and defense to stop Wonder Woman from killing him. He can't shoot through her defenses, he can't try and out fight her, he's not even stronger than her by any significant margin and you have nothing to show for it since you have no clue what Orion or Wonder Woman are capable of.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_0f_days: I don't know the numbers, but Simonson's version displayed some decent superspeed. And he's actually a good martial artist, given that he defeated Vykin's mother.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@ancient_0f_days: I don't know the numbers, but Simonson's version displayed some decent superspeed. And he's actually a good martial artist, given that he defeated Vykin's mother.

I know all about his speed and skill feats, Valkyra is said to be the most skilled combatant in the fourth world and yes he did win....but Wonder Woman's feats outstrip his in both quantity and quality. He would definitely give her an insane fight, but unless he whips out a boom tube or the ALE he isn't going to win.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_0f_days: meh. I won't argue with thinking Wonder Woman wins. I think Orion could pull off 5.1/10, personally.

Veravin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Veravin
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_0f_days: meh. I won't argue with thinking Wonder Woman wins. I think Orion could pull off 5.1/10, personally.

That's all right, Orion wins 6/10 for me due to the mother box, BFR is allowed and all.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By TifaLockhart

@veravin: I won't argue. They're both incredibly potent fighters.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By dondave

Wonder Woman

darkbeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By darkbeam

Orion in a hard fight

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By gokuwarrior

@valtot he is not a lot more durable,against physical and energy attacks they are close and she is in his strength class and has better speed in combat,it will be a hard fight for both.

JuliusTakalua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By JuliusTakalua

hahha what an idiot i am... I commented on this thread before.... That's why i deleted my comment just now.. .jsut putting it out there

Moonman78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Orion crushes her