Silver Samurai vs Ultimate Spider-Man

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

(((Prodigy)))

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By (((Prodigy)))

Random encounter
Both are in character
Spider-Man is Parker
Spider-Man has his web-shooters, but no spare clips of web fluid
Harada has two katanas and half a dozen throwing stars
Elimination via death or KO

Spider-Man - A
Samurai - B

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Stronger

Ult Spider-man wins.

(((Prodigy)))

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By (((Prodigy)))
@Stronger said:

Ult Spider-man wins.

Any particular reasons?
Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

@(((Prodigy))) said:

@Stronger said:

Ult Spider-man wins.

Any particular reasons?

He's superior to Harada in every single way, other than swordplay.

Solarflare32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Solarflare32

Samuri definately his mutant power gives him an edge

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By ReVamp

Ultimate Spider-Man. Parker can pull it off.

Kinasin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Kinasin_

@Solarflare32 said:

(((Prodigy)))

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By (((Prodigy)))
@Illuminatus said:

@(((Prodigy))) said:

@Stronger said:

Ult Spider-man wins.

Any particular reasons?

Harada has had decent fights with mainstream Spider-Man before (who has higher physical stats and more experience than Ult Spidey), and has fought evenly matched with Wolverine numerous times. And it's not like Ultimate Spidey hasn't lost fights to human-level martial artists before.
Kinasin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Kinasin_

Smacks around the new mutants. Nice accuracy feat with shurikens.

First fight with Wolverine. Wolverine respects his code of honor and doesn't use his claws when they slug it out in hand-to-hand. Also, impressive reflext feat when he blocks numerous bullets. Fight stops when the building collapses.

Another fight with Wolverine. Wolverine remarks on his skill and reflexes (when he dodges the kick). Silver strikes what would be a killing blow on a normal man, but Wolverine's healing factor let's him withstand the strike, and ultimately takes advantage by cutting off Silver's arm.

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

@(((Prodigy))) said:

@Illuminatus said:

@(((Prodigy))) said:

@Stronger said:

Ult Spider-man wins.

Any particular reasons?

Harada has had decent fights with mainstream Spider-Man before (who has higher physical stats and more experience than Ult Spidey), and has fought evenly matched with Wolverine numerous times. And it's not like Ultimate Spidey hasn't lost fights to human-level martial artists before.

Evenly matching Wolverine in a fight isn't difficult, given the number of character who have done it or outright beaten him, even when he was dangerously close to them.

Also, I don't see what your point is. Unless I'm missing something, they were either superpowered or Peter's Spider-Sense wasn't working the way it was supposed to.

Phylos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Phylos

@Solarflare32 said:

(((Prodigy)))

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By (((Prodigy)))

Excellent scans, Kinasin.

Kinasin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Kinasin_

Samurai vs. Spider Woman (Jessica Drew)

Harada's armor protects him from a bullet shot at close range, fall from the roof and full-powered venom blast. Then he catches Jessica and one-shots her.

Beast

Harada's debut as Silver Shogun. He cuts a bullet in half.

Samurai and some Yakuza thugs briefly fight Sunfire. Harada shrugs off Rogue's draining touch and stuns her with a single punch, then makes his escape.

Kinasin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Kinasin_

Silver Samurai effortlessly cutting through the door made out of titanium steel:

Brutal fight with Wolverine. Again, Wolverine's healing factor allows him to survive what would be a fatal strike. The fight is stopped when Wolverine is the clear victor.

Owns Baymax, a robotic body guard built by Hiro. Hiro created it to be an excellent unarmed combatant and physically impressive. Clearly, that wasn't enough.

And finally, the final stand and death of Silver Samurai.

Versus Spider-Man and Black Widow. Nearly killed 616 Spiderman if it wasn't for blackwidow smashing him with that aircar he would of been decapitated.

Short encounter with Spider-Man. Minor accuracy feat by cutting his web with a thrown blade.

(((Prodigy)))

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By (((Prodigy)))
@Illuminatus said:

@(((Prodigy))) said:

@Illuminatus said:

@(((Prodigy))) said:

@Stronger said:

Ult Spider-man wins.

Any particular reasons?

Evenly matching Wolverine in a fight isn't difficult, given the number of character who have done it or outright beaten him, even when he was dangerously close to them.

Also, I don't see what your point is. Unless I'm missing something, they were either superpowered or Peter's Spider-Sense wasn't working the way it was supposed to.

You do know that Spider-Man vs Wolverine is one of the most commonly and hotly debated fights on the Vine, right? AFAIK, no thread with that fight has ever reached a solid conclusion. Well, this fight is less-powerful-Spider-Man vs guy-who-matches-Wolverine. 

Right off the top of my head, I remember... 
The Enforcers (Fancy Dan, Ox, and the other guy who's name I can't remember) beat the tar out of him once when he was still kinda new. None of them have any powers or any really significant gear, and his spider-sense was not effected at the time. 
Moon Knight, when he was masquerading as Ronin to be the Kingpin's personal hitman, beat him. 
I can't remember if Kingpin ever beat him, but they did have very close fights several times. 
Elektra beat him once. 
I'm pretty sure he was beaten by Silver Sable once, but I don't remember exactly how it all went down. 
And that's all just off the top of my head. Ultimate Spider-Man has fought a lot of non-powered martial artist types, and he has lost or had very close fights with many of them.
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@(((Prodigy))) said:

You do know that Spider-Man vs Wolverine is one of the most commonly and hotly debated fights on the Vine, right? 

Irrelevant. Also, for the record, 616 Peter would decimate Wolverine without the slightest bit of effort, barring PIS, of course. 

Well, this fight is less-powerful-Spider-Man vs guy-who-matches-Wolverine. 

So what? I could use the same argument for Ultimate Thor. In fact, lets see how ridiculous that looks. 

Less-powerful-616-Thor vs. guy-who-occasionaly-matches-Wolverine. See what I mean? Ridiculous.

It doesn't matter if one character doesn't have the physical stats of another character that's not even in this thread. Also, those scans above only prove that Harada can't land a legitimate hit on Spider-Man, due to his Spider-Sense, which is equally as good as his Ultimate counterpart.  

Right off the top of my head, I remember... The Enforcers (Fancy Dan, Ox, and the other guy who's name I can't remember) beat the tar out of him once when he was still kinda new. None of them have any powers or any really significant gear, and his spider-sense was not effected at the time. Moon Knight, when he was masquerading as Ronin to be the Kingpin's personal hitman, beat him. I can't remember if Kingpin ever beat him, but they did have very close fights several times. Elektra beat him once. I'm pretty sure he was beaten by Silver Sable once, but I don't remember exactly how it all went down. And that's all just off the top of my head. Ultimate Spider-Man has fought a lot of non-powered martial artist types, and he has lost or had very close fights with many of them.

Tons and tons of PIS/out of character moments. If we take into account all the characters Spider-Man has dodged (Venom, Lizard, Osborne, and pretty much his entire rogues gallery in the Ultimate universe) and compare them against the few times he was hit by people who he wasn't expecting or when he was just getting used to his powers, you can see that he is much faster than you're giving him credit for, and should be perfectly capable of dodging any single one of Harada's strikes.
(((Prodigy)))

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By (((Prodigy)))
@Illuminatus:  

Irrelevant. Also, for the record, 616 Peter would decimate Wolverine without the slightest bit of effort, barring PIS, of course.  

That is a different debate for a different time, but I think it's safe to say that the large majority of debaters on CV would disagree with that. 
I mean, heck, we've got a Spidey v Wolverine thread with over 60 pages of debate.   http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/spiderman-vs-wolverine/8081/#73 

So what? I could use the same argument for Ultimate Thor. In fact, lets see how ridiculous that looks. 

It's only ridiculous if you have the idea that Spider-Man is on a way higher level than Wolverine. You are, I believe, one of the first debaters I've ever met to say so.  

Tons and tons of PIS/out of character moments.  

It's not PIS if it happens consistently. 

If we take into account all the characters Spider-Man has dodged (Venom, Lizard, Osborne, and pretty much his entire rogues gallery in the Ultimate universe)  

All three of the people you mentioned have virtually no fighting skill whatsoever... 

You seem to be under the impression that, just because he has superhuman speed and a spider-sense, Spider-Man is basically untouchable to anyone who doesn't also have superhuman speed. History, whether you want to call it PIS or not, would prove otherwise. Heck, even mainstream Spider-Man (who has better speed feats than his Ultimate counterpart) has had trouble with martial artists many times in the past.   
Dang, even Wolverine himself has superhuman speed (with feats that match or excede any speed feats I remember for Ult Spidey). The scans of him being nearly stalemated with Harada are already here.

and should be perfectly capable of dodging any single one of Harada's strikes.  

There's a difference between "should be" and "is". Characters don't always use their powers as skillfully as we'd like them to in fights.
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@(((Prodigy))) said:

That is a different debate for a different time, but I think it's safe to say that the large majority of debaters on CV would disagree with that. 
I mean, heck, we've got a Spidey v Wolverine thread with over 60 pages of debate.   http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/spiderman-vs-wolverine/8081/#73 

I could care less if the debate reaches 600 pages. The fact still remains that Spider-Man outclasses Logan in every single category, outside of menial things like a heightened sense of smell.

It's only ridiculous if you have the idea that Spider-Man is on a way higher level than Wolverine. You are, I believe, one of the first debaters I've ever met to say so.  

Okay, I'm flattered. That's my personal conviction.

It's not PIS if it happens consistently. 

It happens rarely in the Ultimate universe. Sorry to break it too you. Harada doesn't have any enhanced speed to speak of, nor is he capable of landing a single sword strike on the Spider-Man from his universe, obviously due to the Spider-Sense, which is nearly identical to the one in the 1610 universe. 

All three of the people you mentioned have virtually no fighting skill whatsoever... 

Okay, that's cool. The fact remains that they're all faster and far stronger than Harada has ever been. At a certain point, fighting skill becomes completely irrelevant when you're able to dodge characters like Lizard and Venom. 

You seem to be under the impression that, just because he has superhuman speed and a spider-sense, Spider-Man is basically untouchable to anyone who doesn't also have superhuman speed. History, whether you want to call it PIS or not, would prove otherwise. Heck, even mainstream Spider-Man (who has better speed feats than his Ultimate counterpart) has had trouble with martial artists many times in the past.   
Dang, even Wolverine himself has superhuman speed (with feats that match or excede any speed feats I remember for Ult Spidey). The scans of him being nearly stalemated with Harada are already here.

I'm not under than impression. I know he's touchable, and I also know his limitations. You seem to be under the impression that Harada is some amazing swordsman that is able to defeat Spider-Man because he cut the webbing of 616 Spidey once and was able to almost kill him after Spider-Man slipped and fell. Really, it's sad. Also, stop bringing up Wolverine.  

There's a difference between "should be" and "is". Characters don't always use their powers as skillfully as we'd like them to in fights.                                        

That's called PIS/WIS/CIS, in most cases, all of which are removed from the equation here in the Battle forums. 

Also, I'm curious as to why you're being so actively involved in a thread of your own making. Did you make this with the pre-conceived notion that Harada wins?
jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jeanroygrant

Spider-man

(((Prodigy)))

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By (((Prodigy)))
@Illuminatus:  

I could care less if the debate reaches 600 pages. The fact still remains that Spider-Man outclasses Logan in every single category, outside of menial things like a heightened sense of smell. 

Ok, so you're right and the rest of Comicvine is wrong. Got it.  

It happens rarely in the Ultimate universe. Sorry to break it too you. 

I've already given examples of his fights backing my argument. Would you care to do the same? Give some examples of non-powered martial artists that Ultimate Spider-Man fought and beat without any trouble at all.  

Okay, that's cool. The fact remains that they're all faster and far stronger than Harada has ever been. At a certain point, fighting skill becomes completely irrelevant when you're able to dodge characters like Lizard and Venom.   

Tell that to all the human speed martial artists who have tagged Spider-Man over the years. 

You  seem to be under the impression that Harada is some amazing swordsman that is able to defeat Spider-Man because he cut the webbing of 616 Spidey once and was able to almost kill him after Spider-Man slipped and fell.  

No. I'm under the impression that Harada is an amazing swordsman who is able to put up a very good fight against Ultimate Spider-Man because he has proven himself capable of tagging a guy who is just as fast as (not to mention way more skilled than) him. Plus, the fact that Ultimate Spider-Man's track record against martial artist enemies is mediocre at best.  

Also, stop bringing up Wolverine.  

He's just as fast as Ultimate Spider-Man, if not just a bit faster. And he's WAY more skilled of a fighter. Despite that, Silver Samurai has severly wounded him many times. I see no reason why Harada's feats against him can't be used as a valid argument.   

That's called PIS/WIS/CIS, in most cases, all of which are removed from the equation here in the Battle forums.  

I specified in the OP that both combatants are in character. That means we assume they fight as they normally fight, and not as we would have them fight.   

Also, I'm curious as to why you're being so actively involved in a thread of your own making.  

Half the time, it's the only way to get a decent debate in a thread, instead of half a dozen people commenting with one-sentence opinions and then the thread dies.  

Did you make this with the pre-conceived notion that Harada wins? 

If you re-read my comments, you may notice that I have not actually given an opinion on who would win this fight. To be entirely honest, I'm not even totally sure. That's why I made the thread. I am of the opinion that this fight is very closely matched. I am just playing the devil's advocate for Silver Samurai, because I think you have underestimated him and overestimated Ultimate Spider-Man.
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@(((Prodigy))) said:

Ok, so you're right and the rest of Comicvine is wrong. Got it.     

I never said that, so don't you dare imply that I did. If you ever attempt to put words in my mouth again like that, I'll promptly flag you and won't even give you the courtesy of a debate in the thread of your own making, got it? 

I was simply stating that I could care less about the fact that it is highly debated, and I even stated that it was merely my personal conviction on the matter. Nothing more, nothing less.

I've already given examples of his fights backing my argument. Would you care to do the same? Give some examples of non-powered martial artists that Ultimate Spider-Man fought and beat without any trouble at all.  

I'll have to check my USM trades and get back to you on that.

Tell that to all the human speed martial artists who have tagged Spider-Man over the years. 

Every comic-book character has been tagged over the years. What matters is the context, which you're failing to provide right there. Care to elaborate

No. I'm under the impression that Harada is an amazing swordsman who is able to put up a very good fight against Ultimate Spider-Man because he has proven himself capable of tagging a guy who is just as fast as (not to mention way more skilled than) him. Plus, the fact that Ultimate Spider-Man's track record against martial artist enemies is mediocre at best.  

What feats do you have to support the notion that 616 Wolverine is as fast/agile as Ult. Spider-Man, even without the Spider-Sense? Because, really, if those scans above are indicative of anything, it's that Harada is incapable of doing any significant "tagging" of 616 Spider-Man, who has a Spider-Sense that works identically to that of the Ult. Spider-Man. 

He's just as fast as Ultimate Spider-Man, if not just a bit faster. 

Based on what?  

I specified in the OP that both combatants are in character. That means we assume they fight as they normally fight, and not as we would have them fight.   

Yes, I can read what you've specified in your OP, thank you very much. The fact still remains that attempting to use the low-end feats of Ultimate Spider-Man's few shortcomings with martial-artists should not be indicative of the notion that Harada's martial-arts prowess somehow gives him an edge over someone who should be able to dodge sword slashes and punches from a guy who is just as fast as any normal human being. 

Half the time, it's the only way to get a decent debate in a thread, instead of half a dozen people commenting with one-sentence opinions and then the thread dies.  

Have you ever considered that it's because the thread in question is a mismatch of varying proportions? People often only leave a few words because they know a thread is BS.

If you re-read my comments, you may notice that I have not actually given an opinion on who would win this fight. To be entirely honest, I'm not even totally sure. That's why I made the thread. I am of the opinion that this fight is very closely matched. I am just playing the devil's advocate for Silver Samurai, because I think you have underestimated him and overestimated Ultimate Spider-Man.                                        

And I think you're severely overestimating Harada's abilities while attempting to play devil's advocate for a character who you seem to be particularly fond of. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but arguing with practically everyone in the thread who even claims that Spider-Man can win and giving a shout-out to people posting scans of Harada getting floored by 616 Pete is certainly telling.
(((Prodigy)))

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By (((Prodigy)))
@Illuminatus:  

I never said that, so don't you dare imply that I did. If you ever attempt to put words in my mouth again like that, I'll promptly flag you and won't even give you the courtesy of a debate in the thread of your own making, got it?  

Dude, no need to get your blood pressure up. Haven't you ever heard sarcasm in a debate before? Heck, you said in your last post that my opinion about Silver Samurai is "really sad." 
Just chill out. It's a comic book debate. Nothing worth getting riled up over.  

I was simply stating that I could care less about the fact that it is highly debated, and I even stated that it was merely my personal conviction on the matter. Nothing more, nothing less.  

When debating, even if I believe I'm right, I try not to think that I'm the only one with a valid opinion. When one person disagrees with me, that's one thing. When a whole heck of a lot of people disagree with me, I sort of have to assume that there might be something valid to what they're saying. 

Every comic-book character has been tagged over the years. What matters is the context, which you're failing to provide right there. Care to elaborate  

I'm not trying to take feats out of context. There have been plenty of fights over the years when Spider-Man was fighting a martial artist with no superhuman speed, and he was not fatigued or injured or his spider-sense was impaired, and said martial artist still proved capable of hitting him. 
Though, to be fair, I can't really say I have many scans to back that up. All the scans in my files are of Spider-Man's victories, not his losses. :/  

What feats do you have to support the notion that 616 Wolverine is as fast/agile as Ult. Spider-Man, even without the Spider-Sense?

I'll put up some scans in another post. My computer has a tendency to screw stuff up when I try to put a lot of pictures and text in one post.  

The fact still remains that attempting to use the low-end feats of Ultimate Spider-Man's few shortcomings with martial-artists 

As far as I'm remembering, the feats I referenced aren't exactly "low-end". Off the top of my head, I really can't even remember any times that Ult Spider-Man fought a highly-skilled martial artist and came out with a definitive win. 
Well, there's Kingpin and pre-upgrade Kraven, but both of them were rather low tier even for humans.  

Have you ever considered that it's because the thread in question is a mismatch of varying proportions? People often only leave a few words because they know a thread is BS.  

You threaten me with flagging when I get sarcastic about your opinion, and yet you get just as sarcastic as me and call my thread BS? 
Cool, bro. 

And, no, I do not think that is the reason. Even in good threads, it's starting to get really tough to work up a decent debate on this site. People often only leave a few words in pretty much any thread.  

but arguing with practically everyone in the thread who even claims that Spider-Man can win  

Where did you get the "practically everyone" part? You're the only person I've replied to so far.  

and giving a shout-out to people posting scans of Harada getting floored by 616 Pete is certainly telling. 

I don't see how my giving a commendation to the guy who posted a bunch of scans has any relevance on the debate. 

If it makes you feel any better, Ultimate Spider-Man is among my favorite comic book characters. I think Silver Samurai is a pretty cool guy, but I wouldn't call him one of my favorites. Because of that, I see no reason to think of myself as being very biased in this debate.
(((Prodigy)))

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By (((Prodigy)))
 Standing several feet away, moves in to kick the rocket launcher away AFTER the trigger is pressed, but BEFORE it fires.
 Standing several feet away, moves in to kick the rocket launcher away AFTER the trigger is pressed, but BEFORE it fires.
Dodging bullets at point blank range. 
Dodging bullets at point blank range. 
No Caption Provided
 Being shot at by at least eight guys, all with automatic weapons. As far as we are able to see, he never gets hit.
 Being shot at by at least eight guys, all with automatic weapons. As far as we are able to see, he never gets hit.
No Caption Provided

Doesn't start to move until after the hammer goes back. Before the bullet leaves the barrel, he's got his claw in it. 
Doesn't start to move until after the hammer goes back. Before the bullet leaves the barrel, he's got his claw in it. 

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
 Moves so fast that the gunmen aren't even sure what just happened.
 Moves so fast that the gunmen aren't even sure what just happened.
No Caption Provided
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@(((Prodigy))) said:

Dude, no need to get your blood pressure up. Haven't you ever heard sarcasm in a debate before? 

Probably because it didn't come off as sarcasm, and came off as more degradation towards me and simply posting my opinions on a matter. Also, my blood pressure is perfectly fine. I'm sitting here, eating a salad and looking through my USM trades and then attempting to find scans of the feats I want to supply you with that will solidify my opinion that Harada is severely outclassed here. How's your blood pressure? 

When debating, even if I believe I'm right, I try not to think that I'm the only one with a valid opinion. When one person disagrees with me, that's one thing. When a whole heck of a lot of people disagree with me, I sort of have to assume that there might be something valid to what they're saying.   

A heck of a lot of people's collective opinion on this site fluctuates in concurring waves, so I'll repeat myself: I could care less what some people in some thread about two characters who aren't even in this thread have said at some point in time. Let's move on. 

Heck, you said in your last post that my opinion about Silver Samurai is "really sad." 

Out of context. That was never the implication. 

I'm not trying to take feats out of context. There have been plenty of fights over the years when Spider-Man was fighting a martial artist with no superhuman speed, and he was not fatigued or injured or his spider-sense was impaired, and said martial artist still proved capable of hitting him. 
Though, to be fair, I can't really say I have many scans to back that up. All the scans in my files are of Spider-Man's victories, not his losses. :/  

So what? The terrain you've given is perfect for Spider-Man, and his losses against various martial-artists over the years is completely irrelevant because this isn't a fight simply concerning both character's prowess in martial arts. Ultimate Spider-Man is a well documented bullet and projectile dodger, amongst other things. He's taken punches from Green Goblin, Venom, Kraven, strikes from Doc Ock, Carnage, and various other characters, and he's also managed to dodge them plenty. Several of the characters I just listed are far faster and stronger than Harada. Sure, they might not be as experienced with a sword, throwing stars, and his abilities, but that matters not when fighting Spider-Man in an environment that plays to his advantage in every conceivable way.

As far as I'm remembering, the feats I referenced aren't exactly "low-end". Off the top of my head, I really can't even remember any times that Ult Spider-Man fought a highly-skilled martial artist and came out with a definitive win. 
Well, there's Kingpin and pre-upgrade Kraven, but both of them were rather low tier even for humans.  

He one-shotted and evaded both of their strikes with ridiculous ease, if I remember correctly. 

You threaten me with flagging when I get sarcastic about your opinion, and yet you get just as sarcastic as me and call my thread BS? 
Cool, bro. 

Stop exaggerating. I'm not sarcastic in the least, nor am I implying that your thread is in any way "BS". You're constantly misinterpreting what I'm stating and I'm starting to become thoroughly annoyed by it, 

And, no, I do not think that is the reason. Even in good threads, it's starting to get really tough to work up a decent debate on this site. People often only leave a few words in pretty much any thread.

I concur.

Where did you get the "practically everyone" part? You're the only person I've replied to so far.  

Key word being "practically". Next.

I don't see how my giving a commendation to the guy who posted a bunch of scans has any relevance on the debate.   If it makes you feel any better, Ultimate Spider-Man is among my favorite comic book characters. I think Silver Samurai is a pretty cool guy, but I wouldn't call him one of my favorites. Because of that, I see no reason to think of myself as being very biased in this debate.            

You're starting to seem like less and less of a devil's advocate for Harada, and more of just attempting to stir up controversy and lengthy debates simply because you want a lengthy, good debate. Ultimate Spider-Man is far more agile, stronger, faster, and smarter than Harada, and all this was displayed when Peter was just an amateur. There is nothing superhuman about Harada's fighting style, strength, agility, speed, or intelligence. He's a samurai who can emit a tachyon field around bladed-weaponry. Big whoop. Spider-Man, as I've already said, dodges gunfire and actually fights opponents who are faster, stronger, and more agile than Wolverine. Also, the only reason Wolverine is able to match Harada is because of his adamantium skeleton. He has, by his own admission, inferior skill to Harada and has acknowledged that the skeleton has saved his skin multiple times.                           
Kinasin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Kinasin_

@Illuminatus said:

@(((Prodigy))) said:

And I think you're severely overestimating Harada's abilities while attempting to play devil's advocate for a character who you seem to be particularly fond of. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but arguing with practically everyone in the thread who even claims that Spider-Man can win and giving a shout-out to people posting scans of Harada getting floored by 616 Pete is certainly telling.

Getting floored? Peter got saved by blackwidow before he got decapitated. That match was more than just spiderman vs silver samurai. Black widow as well was attacking him.

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@Kinasin_ said:

@Illuminatus said:

@(((Prodigy))) said:

Getting floored? Peter got saved by blackwidow before he got decapitated. That match was more than just spiderman vs silver samurai. Black widow as well was attacking him.

Peter was doing fine against Harada until he slipped, from what I can tell. Sure, BW saved him, but if not for the misstep, I have no doubt Spider-Man could've defeated him handily.
Kinasin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Kinasin_

@Illuminatus said:

@Kinasin_ said:

@Illuminatus said:

@(((Prodigy))) said:

Peter was doing fine against Harada until he slipped, from what I can tell. Sure, BW saved him, but if not for the misstep, I have no doubt Spider-Man could've defeated him handily.

What misstep? His spider-sense went off and gave him a chance to react, but SS was too fast. He laid a beating on him and literally could of disemboweled him as soon as he grabbed him and chucked him. He threw him with enough force to cause him to blackout@which point he got rammed with an aircar at god knows how fast of a speed. From then on it was blackwidow distracting him and peter getting in cheap shots.

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@Kinasin_ said:

@Illuminatus said:

@Kinasin_ said:

@Illuminatus said:

@(((Prodigy))) said:

What misstep? His spider-sense went off and gave him a chance to react, but SS was too fast. He laid a beating on him and literally could of disemboweled him as soon as he grabbed him and chucked him. He threw him with enough force to cause him to blackout@which point he got rammed with an aircar at god knows how fast of a speed. From then on it was blackwidow distracting him and peter getting in cheap shots.

I misinterpreted the scan. 

Now that I've looked upon it once again, I can say with confidence that Harada's sword never once did any real damage to Peter, who dodged every single strike thrown his way. The only reason Harada even had the chance to grab his arm was because Peter overestimated his flip backwards and went over a ledge. Once Peter was up again, Harada had plenty of chances to strike him but was simply no fast enough. 
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#29  Edited By Ferro Vida

I'd put my money on Silver Samurai. 

Kinasin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Kinasin_

@Illuminatus said:

@Kinasin_ said:

@Illuminatus said:

@Kinasin_ said:

@Illuminatus said:

@(((Prodigy))) said:

I misinterpreted the scan. Now that I've looked upon it once again, I can say with confidence that Harada's sword never once did any real damage to Peter, who dodged every single strike thrown his way. The only reason Harada even had the chance to grab his arm was because Peter overestimated his flip backwards and went over a ledge. Once Peter was up again, Harada had plenty of chances to strike him but was simply no fast enough.

What do you mean? He was hitting him with energy slashes hence the "Brak" noise and peter getting knocked back twice. He didn't back flip; he got knocked off the building at which point Harada speed blitzed and grabbed his arm before he could even get his bearings and tossed him with enough force to cause him to blackout.

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@Kinasin_ said:

What do you mean? He was hitting him with energy slashes hence the "Brak" noise and peter getting knocked back twice. He didn't back flip; he got knocked off the building at which point Harada speed blitzed and grabbed his arm before he could even get his bearings and tossed him with enough force to cause him to blackout.

So what? As soon as Peter was actually face-to-face with Harada, he couldn't even touch him. 

No Caption Provided
So, really, what are you trying to prove? So Harada can throw Peter off-balance when he blind-sides him, cool. There will be no blind-siding in Harada's fight with Ult. Peter, seeing as both can see each other, and as I've stated already, the environment plays to Ult. Peter's strengths and not Harada's here. A bullet dodger/Electro electric-discharge dodger/Venom dodger is more than capable of dodging some throwing stars and two swords held by a man who has no discernible super agility/strength.
Kinasin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Kinasin_

@Illuminatus said:

@Kinasin_ said:

So what? As soon as Peter was actually face-to-face with Harada, he couldn't even touch him.

So, really, what are you trying to prove? So Harada can throw Peter off-balance when he blind-sides him, cool. There will be no blind-siding in Harada's fight with Ult. Peter, seeing as both can see each other, and as I've stated already, the environment plays to Ult. Peter's strengths and not Harada's here. A bullet dodger/Electro electric-discharge dodger/Venom dodger is more than capable of dodging some throwing stars and two swords held by a man who has no discernible super agility/strength.

There was no blindside. His spider-sense went off. He got his chance to react and yet he failed to do so. Perhaps you missed him slicing bullets in numerous scans I showed and essentially defeating wolverine every time if it wasn't for the adamantium skeleton. Seems to me, him gudomping on wolverine, and spiderman, and the new mutants = discernible super agility/strength don't ya think? Peter dodged his attacks after he got ran over by an aircar, and cheap shotted numerous times while blackwidow was distracting him. I'm guessing he wasn't 100percent after all those cheap shots knocking him senseless.

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@Kinasin_ said:

@Illuminatus said:

@Kinasin_ said:

So what? As soon as Peter was actually face-to-face with Harada, he couldn't even touch him.

There was no blindside. His spider-sense went off. He got his chance to react and yet he failed to do so. Perhaps you missed him slicing bullets in numerous scans I showed and essential defeating wolverine every time if it wasn't for the adamantium skeleton. Seems to me him gudomping on wolverine and spider and the new mutants as discernible super agility/strength don't ya think? Peter dodged his attacks after he got ran over by an aircar, and cheap shotted numerous times while blackwidow was distracting him. I'm guessing he wasn't 100percent after all those cheap shots knocking him senseless.

Slicing bullets? Cool. Peter dodges them point blank and bullets shot by multiple gunmen after getting hurt by Doc Ock. Ultimate Peter has dodged a speeding car on pure instinct alone when they came from behind him. There is literally no advantage Harada has over him except for skill with a blade and throwing stars, which is meaningless when Peter has web-shooters.
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

Also, for what it's worth, Ult. Spidey has defeated Blade. I'll try and find the scans.

Kinasin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Kinasin_

@Illuminatus said:

@Kinasin_ said:

@Illuminatus said:

@Kinasin_ said:

There was no blindside. His spider-sense went off. He got his chance to react and yet he failed to do so. Perhaps you missed him slicing bullets in numerous scans I showed and essential defeating wolverine every time if it wasn't for the adamantium skeleton. Seems to me him gudomping on wolverine and spider and the new mutants as discernible super agility/strength don't ya think? Peter dodged his attacks after he got ran over by an aircar, and cheap shotted numerous times while blackwidow was distracting him. I'm guessing he wasn't 100percent after all those cheap shots knocking him senseless.

Slicing bullets? Cool. Peter dodges them point blank and bullets shot by multiple gunmen after getting hurt by Doc Ock. Ultimate Peter has dodged a speeding car on pure instinct alone when they came from behind him. There is literally no advantage Harada has over him except for skill with a blade and throwing stars, which is meaningless when Peter has web-shooters.

You realize actually slicing bullets is far more impressive than dodging them correct? I hope you also realize dodging a speeding car is not even as impressive as dodging a bullet...

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@Kinasin_ said:

@Illuminatus said:

@Kinasin_ said:

@Illuminatus said:

@Kinasin_ said:

You realize actually slicing bullets is far more impressive than dodging them correct? I hope you also realize dodging a speeding car is not even impressive as dodging a bullet...

Okay, sure, you can go on thinking that. Harada slicing a single bullet is a good feat in respects to Harada, but not against someone who dodges multiple rounds of gunfire from multiple angles and moves fast enough to dodge electric currents shot from Electro with his Spider-Sense alone, unless you mean to tell me that Harada would be capable of dodging electric currents right after ripping a steel door off its hinges..
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
Yeah, Pete's got this, lol. There's no way Harada would be fast enough to slice all of those bullets/evade them. Not in his wildest dreams. 
Yeah, Pete's got this, lol. There's no way Harada would be fast enough to slice all of those bullets/evade them. Not in his wildest dreams. 
Kinasin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Kinasin_

@Illuminatus said:

@Kinasin_ said:

@Illuminatus said:

@Kinasin_ said:

@Illuminatus said:

@Kinasin_ said:

You realize actually slicing bullets is far more impressive than dodging them correct? I hope you also realize dodging a speeding car is not even impressive as dodging a bullet...

Okay, sure, you can go on thinking that. Harada slicing a single bullet is a good feat in respects to Harada, but not against someone who dodges multiple rounds of gunfire from multiple angles and moves fast enough to dodge electric currents shot from Electro with his Spider-Sense alone, unless you mean to tell me that Harada would be capable of dodging electric currents right after ripping a steel door off its hinges..

Do you have calcs for electro's currents in that scenario? Proof he didn't aim dodge? Wolverine had dodged far more impressive things than electro's currents whatever that is even supposed to equal out to. Silver Samurai is faster by feats in his battles with wolverine. He was blitzing 616 spiderman before he got cheap shotted numerous times as well which is also a testament to his speed. He was cutting bullets one after another as well.

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

Here's another fun scan. In this one, Peter's Spider-Sense is fast enough to allow him to use his web-shooters to redirect the angle of Shocker's gun while he's pulling the trigger. 

No Caption Provided
Here's Spider-Man dodging a gun at point blank. Harada can't do this: 

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@Kinasin_ said:

@Illuminatus said:

@Kinasin_ said:

@Illuminatus said:

@Kinasin_ said:

@Illuminatus said:

@Kinasin_ said:

Do you have calcs for electro's currents in that scenario? Proof he didn't aim dodge? Wolverine had dodged far more impressive things than electro's currents whatever that is even supposed to equal out to. Silver Samurai is faster by feats in his battles with wolverine. He was blitzing 616 spiderman before he got cheap shotted numerous times as well which is also a testament to his speed. He was cutting bullets one after another as well.

His Spider-Sense did all the work. As soon as he ripped the door off it's hinges, he dodged the electric-blast. Also, look at the scans I've posted. You really mean to tell me Harada is agile enough to contend with a guy who can do that? Really? I'll post more scans if you like. This thread is starting to get fun. 
Kinasin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Kinasin_

@Illuminatus said:

@Kinasin_ said:

@Illuminatus said:

@Kinasin_ said:

@Illuminatus said:

@Kinasin_ said:

@Illuminatus said:

@Kinasin_ said:

His Spider-Sense did all the work. As soon as he ripped the door off it's hinges, he dodged the electric-blast. Also, look at the scans I've posted. You really mean to tell me Harada is agile enough to contend with a guy who can do that? Really? I'll post more scans if you like. This thread is starting to get fun.

You can post all day. It doesn't change the fact Silver Samurai actually cuts bullets with skill while the other guy uses precog to dodge. You also didn't reply to how wolverine has done those cool dodging feats and probably far more impressively than ULT spiderman could ever hope to. Yet Harada is shown as the one with faster reactions. Even against 616 spiderman.

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@Kinasin_ said: 

You can post all day. It doesn't change the fact Silver Samurai actually cuts bullets while the other guy uses precog to dodge. You also didn't reply to how wolverine has done those cool dodging feats and probably far more impressively than ULT spiderman could ever hope to. Yet Harada is show as the one with faster reactions. Even against 616 spiderman.

More cool dodging feats? LMFAO. Don't get too confident in yourself. The scans I'm posting are just from Pete's rookie days.  

I'm done arguing here. You and Prodigy can get mad and post scans of Wolverine and Harada moving fast and cutting bullets all you want. Spider-Mans precog is a part of his powers. If you took it away, this would be a far more fair fight. The Spider-Sense makes this ridiculously unfair, seeing as it allows Peter to dodge gunshots from multiple angles repeatedly after his encounter with Green Goblin. Have a good night.
Kinasin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Kinasin_

@Illuminatus said:

@Kinasin_ said:

You can post all day. It doesn't change the fact Silver Samurai actually cuts bullets while the other guy uses precog to dodge. You also didn't reply to how wolverine has done those cool dodging feats and probably far more impressively than ULT spiderman could ever hope to. Yet Harada is show as the one with faster reactions. Even against 616 spiderman.

More cool dodging feats? LMFAO. Don't get too confident in yourself. The scans I'm posting are just from Pete's rookie days. I'm done arguing here. You and Prodigy can get mad and post scans of Wolverine and Harada moving fast and cutting bullets all you want. Spider-Mans precog is a part of his powers. If you took it away, this would be a far more fair fight. The Spider-Sense makes this ridiculously unfair, seeing as it allows Peter to dodge gunshots from multiple angles repeatedly after his encounter with Green Goblin. Have a good night.

Mad? I'm sitting here very calm and replying to your arguments without an ounce of anger in my being. Debating fictional characters isn't something that could legitimately make me upset. I just do it for fun.

So going by this post I take it you concede seeing as you no longer want to argue nor have you replied back to my arguments while I have replied back to every argument you have thrown on the table. Have a nice rest.

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@Kinasin_ said:

So going by this post I take it you concede seeing as you no longer want to argue nor have you replied back to my arguments while I have replied back to every argument you have thrown on the table. Have a nice rest.

Conceding? Hardly. I'm getting tired of debating with someone who honestly believes that because Harada uses skill to cut a few bullets one after the other with his silly mutant abilities, he can beat a guy who uses pre-cognition to dodge a hail of gunfire while running with ridiculous ease. 

Your arguments are going absolutely nowhere in a heartbeat, and I'm inclined to even starting believing that you don't read USM and just found all the Harada scans you could and dumped them out, hoping that you would win a debate with them. Nobody flipping cares if Harada can do some damage to 616 Peter and then fail miserably against him later. Harada also had a hard time with Black Widow, and do you really mean to tell me that she is faster and more agile than Ult. Peter?  

616 Peter Parker is not Ultimate Peter Parker. Just because Harada can hurt one doesn't necessarily mean he can hurt the other. I'm sure 616 Peter has a plethora of feats that would contradict somehow getting hit by an ordinary man with a sword from the side, even after his Spider-Sense went off. 

Unless you can show me Harada dodging a hail of gunfire or even displaying the level of acrobatic agility that Ult. Peter Parker demonstrates in almost every appearance, I know I've already won.
Kinasin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Kinasin_

@Illuminatus said:

@Kinasin_ said:

Conceding? Hardly. I'm getting tired of debating with someone who honestly believes that because Harada uses skill to cut a few bullets one after the other with his silly mutant abilities, he can beat a guy who uses pre-cognition to dodge a hail of gunfire while running with ridiculous ease. Your arguments are going absolutely nowhere in a heartbeat, and I'm inclined to even starting believing that you don't read USM and just found all the Harada scans you could and dumped them out, hoping that you would win a debate with them. Nobody flipping cares if Harada can do some damage to 616 Peter and then fail miserably against him later. Harada also had a hard time with Black Widow, and do you really mean to tell me that she is faster and more agile than Ult. Peter?

She was keeping her distance and I'm sure after getting knocked into oblivion by a speeding aircar he wasn't operating at peak levels as he showed in the beginning when he beat the piss out of 616 spiderman. Nobody cares? Why shouldn't they when the circumstance he was doing miserably under was after he had been hit by a speeding aircar. Peter nearly passed out after just getting tossed into a wall. Harada shrugged off the aircar as well as he could and then had to deal with russia's best assassin distracting him while he tried to get his bearings while continually getting cheap shotted by peter. For you to try to act as if he is somehow slower than ultimate spiderman because he didn't immediately kill blackwidow is absurd under those circumstances. Especially since he has been shown the better in reflex speed between him and wolverine. Even 616 spidey when he had his bearings.

616 peter is vastly superior to ultimate spiderman so in that sense you are right. He isn't ultimate spiderman. An ordinary man? lol

I've shown him showing better reflexes than 616 wolverine so you haven't won a thing. Especially with his numerous bullet cutting skills and his hail of bullets coming at him which he still cut.

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@Kinasin_ said:

She was keeping her distance and I'm sure after getting knocked into oblivion by a speeding aircar he wasn't operating at peak levels as he showed in the beginning when he beat the piss out of 616 spiderman. Nobody cares? Why shouldn't they when the circumstance he was doing miserably under was after he had been hit by a speeding aircar. Peter nearly passed out after just getting tossed into a wall. Harada shrugged off the aircar as well as he could and then had to deal with russia's best assassin distracting him while he tried to get his bearings while continually getting cheap shotted by peter. For you to try to act as if he is somehow slower than ultimate spiderman because he didn't immediately kill blackwidow is absurd under those circumstances. Especially since he has been shown the better in reflex speed between him and wolverine. Even 616 spidey when he had his bearings.

I've shown him showing better reflexes than 616 wolverine so you haven't won a thing.

Okay, cool, you've shown him having better reflex speeds than Wolverine. Wolverine isn't Ultimate Peter Parker. 616 Wolverine doesn't have the feats to suggest he is as acrobatic and agile as Ultimate Peter Parker, and he is not as strong or acrobatic, nor does he possess pre-cognition. All the "feats" provided to try and prove that 616 Wolverine is somehow more agile and faster than Ultimate Peter have been thrown out the window by the scans I've posted of an amateur Peter dodging hails of gunfire from multiple angles, as well as dodging gunfire at a point blank range. 

Pre-cognition>skill, in this scenario. 

Also, I like how you keep failing to bring up how exactly this environment will be beneficial in any way to a man who wears a bulking suit of armor and has some throwing stars. Really, I'm curious.
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

This is just getting ridiculous. Harada was not slicing hails of automatic gunfire in that scan. He sliced a single bullet from a pistol. Awesome. Ult. Peter has caught bullets with his webbing.

Kinasin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Kinasin_

Slicing bullets>Dodging with precog. That's the same environment he was breaking 616 spiderman in.

Any street leveler can dodge bullets. Usually they do far more than dodge just bullets. It's not even impressive.

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@Kinasin_ said:

Slicing a bullets>Dodging with precog. That's the same environment he was breaking 616 spiderman in.

LOL. You're joking, right? Slicing a single bullet fired directly at you is not better than using pre-cognition to dodge a hail of automatic gunfire. If this is really all you're going to argue, then I'm just going to sit here and laugh.
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@Kinasin_ said:

Any street leveler can dodge bullets. Usually they do far more than dodge just bullets.

Astute observation. However, most street-levelers don't have pre-cognition that allows them to dodge a kinds of gunfire and other projectiles, not to mention strikes from super-powered foes. Your argument is completely and utterly moot.