Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Oni_Bane

No prep.

Random encounter

Standard Gear

Morals off

To the death

in my other thread, I am arguing with Capall2 about who would win between the 2. So I thought i would ask the VIne.

I believe Romulus wins here, if you disagree, give me a reason why.

capall2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By capall2

black panther...when did we argue btw? lol...

Oni_Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Oni_Bane

We are arguing right now in my beat my team thread i made

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By dane

Black Panther would wreck.

Oni_Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Oni_Bane

How

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By dane
@Oni_Bane: Superior fighting skills, better equipment, better experience (whether you think so or not).

Romulus only has implied feats. Saying someone has centuries worth of experience is worthless in battles. It doesn't show us what they did and even if that was the case, it'd be centuries of beating up nameless henchmen which isn't very impressive to begin with. Someone who has decades of getting the better of Marvel's elite martial artists and fighters in fights that actually occurred in canon is much more impressive.
karetaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By karetaker

Black panther.

Oni_Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Oni_Bane

Romulus is atleast on par in skill with Wolverine who is atleast on par with Black Panther if not better. Endurance wise he can last longer then Black Panther and his HF comes in to factor to, his claws should cut though his suit.

daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By daak1212

Didnt Romulus clone Wolverine in Origins? Then again I have no idea cause I never read origins, I just heard something to that effect though

Edit: Clown not clone

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By Saren

Current Panther vs current Romulus? Don't see how T'Challa stands much of a chance, Romulus KO'd Logan in the last Wolverine.

Oni_Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Oni_Bane

@CitizenBane said:

Current Panther vs current Romulus? Don't see how T'Challa stands much of a chance, Romulus KO'd Logan in the last Wolverine.

Yes, Both current characters.

daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By daak1212

@CitizenBane said:

WHAT!!!?!?! I had an entire debate with someone on thr Cap vs Wolverine thread and their whole argument was that Wolverine cant be K.o'ed unless your class 100.

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

@Dane said:

@Oni_Bane: Superior fighting skills, better equipment, better experience (whether you think so or not). Romulus only has implied feats. Saying someone has centuries worth of experience is worthless in battles. It doesn't show us what they did and even if that was the case, it'd be centuries of beating up nameless henchmen which isn't very impressive to begin with. Someone who has decades of getting the better of Marvel's elite martial artists and fighters in fights that actually occurred in canon is much more impressive.

Hm. He's handed Wolverine his arse. Has a healing factor on a par, if not better, than Logan's so by all intents and purposes, when he says he's their superior, thus far he's held true to his word (for the most part). BP on the heart shaped herb, with vibranium suit and knives make this more interesting. Not sure who wins.

The problem is Loeb has pretty much pushed the story forward in terrible fashion. Terrible.

Really, Wolverine under Loeb's lead is afraid of dying from falling from a highrise (when he's fallen from the SHIELD hellicarrier from far higher up and was just fine among many other consistent showings) and has Sabretooth getting pinned under a jeep. Not to mention he has Logan getting the upper hand on Red Hulk. Loeb doesn't seem to have just proportion with many characters forcing plot forward by any silly means necessary.

As Romulus is pretty much his creation, I'll say he loses to Black Panther on principle.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#14  Edited By Saren

@daak1212 said:

@CitizenBane said:

WHAT!!!?!?! I had an entire debate with someone on thr Cap vs Wolverine thread and their whole argument was that Wolverine cant be K.o'ed unless your class 100.

Well slashing damage seems to affect Logan more than punching damage.

Oni_Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Oni_Bane

That guy was an idiot. How does he always get captured if he can't be KO'ed

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By dane
@Oni_Bane: No, maybe and no.

Wolverine isn't better than Black Panther. ABC logic is horrible anyway.

Anti-Metal Claws > Adamantium Claws. Vibranium has to be cut along the grain for it to damage the suit and even then, it won't damage T'Challa the way it would if he was unarmored.
daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By daak1212

@CitizenBane said:

@daak1212 said:

@CitizenBane said:

Well slashing damage seems to affect Logan more than punching damage.

I mean bashing the vibranium shield against his skull. It would absorb any kinetic resistence and the damage should sink. Pretty much Wolverines skull wont break but his brain would be rattled to all hell and he would black out.

@Oni_Bane said:

That guy was an idiot. How does he always get captured if he can't be KO'ed

Tranqs?

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By dane

Current Black Panther is a moot point since he is depowered and has no equipment or feats. Also, the guy in your thread never selected current over classic. No one with a brain would.

Oni_Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Oni_Bane

Well yeah but I've seen him get KO'ed by Captain America, Sebastian Shaw, Black Widow, Deadpool and many more

Ok... Then Romulus vs Classic BP.......man.

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By dane
@Oni_Bane: Then what I just said :p
daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By daak1212

@Oni_Bane said:

Well yeah but I've seen him get KO'ed by Captain America, Sebastian Shaw, Black Widow, Deadpool and many more

The Cap one was apparently after Wolverine went there a week long gauntlet or something like that. He was exhausted when he fought Cap and Im not referring to the origins battle

Sebastian Shaw is a class 100+

When did Widow k.o Wolverine and Deadpool?

Oni_Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Oni_Bane

@daak1212 said:

@Oni_Bane said:

The Cap one was apparently after Wolverine went there a week long gauntlet or something like that. He was exhausted when he fought Cap and Im not referring to the origins battle

1. when was this?

2. I can't remember exactly where i read it, hold on, i'll look though my books

daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By daak1212

@Oni_Bane said:

@daak1212 said:

@Oni_Bane said:

1. when was this?

2. I can't remember exactly where i read it, hold on, i'll look though my books

Shaw was always a class 100 depending on the amount of kinetic energy he absorbed, I have a scan of him using Colossus as a flail.

Oni_Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Oni_Bane

i have to see that

Oni_Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Oni_Bane

Romulus has some telepathic ability he could mind wipe BP and kill him then

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By dane
@Oni_Bane: No, he really couldn't.
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

@Dane:

T'Challa avoided a Logan bullrush. Many have. Doesn't really constitute a win. There's Panther getting absolutely manhandled by Sabretooth and saved by Wolverine. There's a lot of tit for tat that can be said here. If BP has antimetal, the herb and his vibranium suit he can take this.

daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By daak1212
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

@Oni_Bane said:

i have to see that

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By dane
@Super_SoldierXII: ABC logic is a bad plan, sir. Please show these scans of Panther getting manhandled, I don't actually remember that being as one-sided as you're suggesting.

OP has said Classic Black Panther. That's anti-metal, herb, vibranium suit, energy daggers etc.
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

@Dane said:

@Super_SoldierXII: ABC logic is a bad plan, sir. Please show these scans of Panther getting manhandled, I don't actually remember that being as one-sided as you're suggesting. OP has said Classic Black Panther. That's anti-metal, herb, vibranium suit, energy daggers etc.

Not arguing a win based off that showing. Just responding to your skill comment based on one trademarked Wolverine bull rush (which should = fail against skilled opponents. He obviously underestimated T'Challa and went into "rah" tank mode) more so than who would win.

Sabes manhandled BP in return of the native. Had him by the throat before Wolverine intervened. Bad story and probably can be discarded ... but still.

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

But no, not so one sided. Still, his damage to Sabes was cosmetic at best.

ChaosBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#32  Edited By ChaosBlazer

@Super_SoldierXII: Where are the scans of Sabes 'manhandling' BP?

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By dane

First and foremost I want to say that Sabretooth > Romulus in feats and fighting skill. If you want to take Daniel Way's (lol) horribad storyline and use it to contradict decades of character development and sense-making, that's cool. I'd rather not.

But to the fight in question: I do not in any way see how you can read that as manhandled. BP hits him 3 times, Sabretooth slashes him and then grabs him by the throat. Here's the thing about that: Black Panther could crush the nerve in his hand just like Captain America did to Wolverine or he could use his Anti-Metal claws to cut Sabretooth's hand off. He doesn't and here's why:

1) It's Jeph Loeb and he doesn't know how to write a logical sequence of events. Will provide evidence for anyone who wants to contest that.
2) It's in Wolverine's book and it's only done to show Wolverine intervening in a "this fights mine, leave him to me" sense. 
3) T'Challa even says on the next page that he was never in any danger. He calls Wolverine's actions "unnecessary" and based on BP's other fights with guys like Captain America, Daredevil, etc, I'd say he's probably right.

Read the dialog, etc.

No Caption Provided
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#34  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@Dane:

1) It's Jeph Loeb and he doesn't know how to write a logical sequence of events. Will provide evidence for anyone who wants to contest that.

Speaking of which... I know you're a big Cable fan, but did you happen to read his latest run? I avoided it.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Static Shock

@Dane said:

Anti-Metal Claws > Adamantium Claws. Vibranium has to be cut along the grain for it to damage the suit and even then, it won't damage T'Challa the way it would if he was unarmored.

Thing is, T'Challa has been damaged by slashes with that suit on. Malice, Sabretooth, and Kraven have all done it.

Oni_Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Oni_Bane

@Dane said:

@Oni_Bane: No, he really couldn't.

He has erased Wolverine's memories before, whats to stop him from using TP on Black Panther. He Does have telepathic capabilities. He isn't as good as Prof X but still, good enought

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Static Shock

@Dane said:

First and foremost I want to say that Sabretooth > Romulus in feats and fighting skill. If you want to take Daniel Way's (lol) piece of shit storyline and use it to contradict decades of character development and sense-making, that's cool. I'd rather not.

I know you're in the zone, but no cursing, please.

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By dane
@Static Shock said:

@Dane said:

Thing is, T'Challa has been damaged by slashes with that suit on. Malice, Sabretooth, and Kraven have all done it.

This is true, but he has also defeated people on or above the fighting skill of all of those. Off memory his fight with Kraven was quite decisive.
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By dane
@k4tzm4n: I dodged that Cable run. I thought it would just irritate me with logical fallacies.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@Dane said:

@k4tzm4n: I dodged that Cable run. I thought it would just irritate me with logical fallacies.

It seemed to be following Loeb's Rulk formula. Every issue said character will face off against popular heroes, and somehow said character will defy the odds against an increasingly ridiculous gauntlet of characters.

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By dane
@Static Shock said:

@Dane said:

First and foremost I want to say that Sabretooth > Romulus in feats and fighting skill. If you want to take Daniel Way's (lol) piece of shit storyline and use it to contradict decades of character development and sense-making, that's cool. I'd rather not.

I know you're in the zone, but no cursing, please.

I shall find more creative ways to express my opinions.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@Dane said:

@Static Shock said:

@Dane said:

This is true, but he has also defeated people on or above the fighting skill of all of those. Off memory his fight with Kraven was quite decisive.

Aly won the first fight (in the kitchen). The second fight he went completely insane. He was basically yelling at T'Challa to deck him the entire time, and as expected, got slugged over and over as he continued to laugh and act like a mad fool before eventually getting knocked the fudge out.

Should Aly be good enough to beat T'Challa? IMHO no.

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By dane
@k4tzm4n said:

@Dane said:

It seemed to be following Loeb's Rulk formula. Every issue said character will face off against popular heroes, and somehow said character will defy the odds against an increasingly ridiculous gauntlet of characters.

Would that be the Rulk run that produced this?

No Caption Provided
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Static Shock

@Dane said:

I'm aware. I was just addressing the chink in T'Challa's suit. I think both of T'Challa's fights with Kraven were decisive. But, I feel as if Sergei wasn't written too properly, unless I'm missing something (T'Challa was depowered in that fight, so he should have a harder time with him). It seemed as if Sergei relied more on the abilities of that metahuman he abducted.

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By dane
@k4tzm4n said:

@Dane said:

@Static Shock said:

@Dane said:

Aly won the first fight (in the kitchen). The second fight he went completely insane. He was basically yelling at T'Challa to deck him the entire time, and as expected, got slugged over and over as he continued to laugh and act like a mad fool before eventually getting knocked the fudge out.

Oh? I meant his fight against Sergei ages back. I'll try to dig up my scans.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Static Shock

@Oni_Bane said:

He has erased Wolverine's memories before, whats to stop him from using TP on Black Panther. He Does have telepathic capabilities. He isn't as good as Prof X but still, good enought

T'Challa was able to resist a telepathic attack with his willpower. I don't think it would be that simple.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@Dane said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@Dane said:

@Static Shock said:

@Dane said:

Oh? I meant his fight against Sergei ages back. I'll try to dig up my scans.

The only T'Challa vs Sergei fight I know of was in Black Panther's latest series.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@Dane said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@Dane said:

Would that be the Rulk run that produced this?

No Caption Provided

Hah, yes, sir. That same issue also had Punisher holding off X-23 with a pool stick.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Static Shock

@k4tzm4n said:

The only T'Challa vs Sergei fight I know of was in Black Panther's latest series.

I think the way Liss portrayed Kraven there was somewhat questionable.

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By dane

I'm talking about the Sergei fight where they fight in mid-air and Sergei lands on a taxi while T'Challa beats him near-senseless.