Follow

Kent V. Nelson

Character » Kent V. Nelson appears in 107 issues.

Kent V. Nelson came into possession of the Helm of Nabu, succeeding Hector Hall as the new Dr. Fate. He is the grand-nephew of the original Doctor Fate, Kent Nelson.

Revamped Doctor Fate Respect Thread

PikminMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By PikminMania

I noticed how horrible the so called respect thread was for Doctor Fate and even though I don't know a lot about him, I thought I would show the world what he is capable of. Anyone who doesn't support this thread with actual information will be shunned upon. 

No Caption Provided

Doctor Fate is best known as a member of the Justice Society of America. Created by writer Gardner Fox and artist Howard Sherman, he first appeared in More Fun Comics #55 (May 1940).

At his most potent, Doctor Fate is an accomplished sorcerer, able to match most other wizards in the DC Universe. He has been credited in DC's Who's Who as being one of the top 12 most powerful in the DC Universe.

Kent Nelson was the best known and longest used Doctor Fate. He was an archeologist who discovered the tomb of the mystical being Nabu and was trained by him in the arts of magic.

Afterwards, DC introduced several new versions of Doctor Fate. These included: Eric and Linda Strauss, a man and woman who could merge to form Doctor Fate; Inza Nelson, Kent Nelson’s reincarnated wife; a mercenary named Jared Stevens who used Nelson’s weapons as simply Fate; and a resurrected Hector Hall, the son of Justice Society of America members Hawkman and Hawkgirl. Unlike many of his JSA teammates, Doctor Fate did not have an analogue or counterpart among the JLA. This was perhaps because the Silver Age revivals initiated by Julius Schwartz took a more science fictional bent, with which the character was not essentially compatible. In addition, this may have boosted his long-term popularity especially considering he is the closest counterpart the company has had to Doctor Strange.

Magic Skill:
    No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Day of Judgement (#04)

Stopped Spectre's curse and repaired Hal's soul

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Coats the entire JLA with magic so they wont explode when they battle Anti-Matter Man. (JLA v1#47)

No Caption Provided
    Dr. Fate moves planet into the sun
    beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By beatboks1

not exactly the right place for this. 
    Can a Mod move to the Dr Fate board??
    if you want more scans, here's a few

PikminMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By PikminMania
    @beatboks1: do I have to log into an account there? Also I did here because I knew no one would respond there.
    Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Chaos Prime
    @PikminMania said:
    @beatboks1: do I have to log into an account there? Also I did here because I knew no one would respond there.
    Good thinking :-) 
    Bumped the Lobo respect thread a few days ago & im sure my post is still the last one posted Lol..
    beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By beatboks1
    @PikminMania said:
    no you can just be visitor
    PikminMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PikminMania
    @beatboks1: too late for that lol

BTW I didn't take most of those scans because they are pre crisis
    beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By beatboks1
    @PikminMania said:
    @beatboks1: too late for that lol  BTW I didn't take most of those scans because they are pre crisis
    4 of the 5 scans so far on here are pre Crisis (including the one you took from my respect thread). only three scans from the first post on that respect thread were pre COIE (those of the Dr Fate/ Spectre fight - which is still canon post COIE as it has been referred to by both Fate and Spectre since). The second post of scans is mostly pre COIE, but since they are all Golden Age pre the Silver Age power up of Fate hardly an issue. All of the uber mystical feats in that thread (of Fate repairing the "broken bones etc of the world or making the sand at his feet in to an army) are post COIE.
    PikminMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By PikminMania
    @beatboks1: Thats why I didn't want to post any more. Concerning yours, I had no idea since i just got them off Google.
    beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By beatboks1

Thought it was about time this had some scans

Avatar image for New_World_Order
    New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@beatboks1 Your the best person to fill this respect thread up.

FlashKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 19

I needed to pay my respect to Dr. Fate because this picture makes he it clear he is so freaking awesome:

No Caption Provided

And:

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
    termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Good stuff as always

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.