• 124 results
bumnut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By bumnut

Can Magnet manipulate Atom and anything he throws at him? Can Atom penetrate Magneto's shields for a victory? Both at fullstrength (no powerups, though).

1. arena
2. Genosha (bloodlusted)
3. Savage Land

No Caption Provided

vs

No Caption Provided
cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By cattlebattle

Radiation > Magnetic polarity

Atom wins

IZZR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By IZZR
@bumnut: You serious?
Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Chaos Prime

Sure this has been done before & imo Magneto doesnt stand much of a chance against CA & a Bloodlusted one at that..

Avatar image for whydoievenbother
whydoievenbother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By whydoievenbother

atom would slaughter mags

WindCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By WindCloud

Captain Atom is infused with DC stats, which is usually off the charts compared to Marvel stats, and you should already know this.  So, making this thread doesn't really make any sense.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Static Shock

Magnetism has work on him before, but it was when Voodoo attacked the iron in his blood. Currently, Atom is nothing but energy under his metallic skin...

Not sure if Mags could effect the Dilustel, but Captain Atom would just absorb magnetic attacks, anyway. Atom wins.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#8  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@WindCloud said:

Captain Atom is infused with DC stats, which is usually off the charts compared to Marvel stats

Horrible generalization.

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9  Edited By Kallarkz
@Buckshot said:

@WindCloud said:

Captain Atom is infused with DC stats, which is usually off the charts compared to Marvel stats

Horrible generalization.

Agreed. Incredible how he was able to state it as fact though ;p
WindCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By WindCloud
@Kallarkz said:
@Buckshot said:

@WindCloud said:

Horrible generalization.

Agreed. Incredible how he was able to state it as fact though ;p
It's true, and please don't tell me it's not.
OhItsThatGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By OhItsThatGuy

Magneto can control gravity, can see things at a sub-atomic level, can control things on a sub-atomic level, can produce powerful shields, can lift mountains, and can rend open the earth apart with his powers. He has exhibited his powers on a planetary scale. To my knowledge, he has control over at least two of the four fundamental forces of the Universe. Even Xavier has said that Magneto can pretty much do anything with his powers. How does Captain Atom win this?

Equonox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Equonox
@Buckshot said:

@WindCloud said:

Horrible generalization.

Understatement.  But Captain Atom does slaughter this one.
WindCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By WindCloud
@OhItsThatGuy said:

Magneto can control gravity, can see things at a sub-atomic level, can control things on a sub-atomic level, can produce powerful shields, can lift mountains, and can rend open the earth apart with his powers. He has exhibited his powers on a planetary scale. To my knowledge, he has control over at least two of the four fundamental forces of the Universe. Even Xavier has said that Magneto can pretty much do anything with his powers. How does Captain Atom win this?

Captain Atom's quantum field manipulation allows him to absorb just about ANYTHING Magus throws at him, and convert into just about anything he wants (sustenance, super-strength, flight, other forms of energy attacks, matter, time travel, etc).  But not only that, the level of energy that he can absorb and dish out is way beyond anything that someone like Magneto or Polaris (with similar powers) can handle, so there's probly no way that Magus can defeat him here.
WindCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By WindCloud
@Equonox said:
@Buckshot said:

@WindCloud said:

Horrible generalization.

Understatement.  But Captain Atom does slaughter this one.
Thank you.  At least somebody saw my attempt at humor in that one.
OhItsThatGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By OhItsThatGuy
@WindCloud

Magus would destroy Captain Atom for sure, but we're talking about Magneto. Magneto also has mastery of energy. He has sub-atomic control and control over the entire EM Spectrum. He even has control over life energy.  He has control over at least two of the fundamental forces of the Universe, and one of them plays a huge role in sub-atomic particles even being a part of each other to form matter. Why can't Magneto counter Captain Atom's attacks and rip apart his metallic form? If he truly does have time travel, than he can take this, but not seeing a win without it.

Avatar image for gremlin_from_kremlin
Gremlin From Kremlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain Atom stopms. This is spite.

WindCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By WindCloud
@OhItsThatGuy said:
@WindCloud

Magus would destroy Captain Atom for sure, but we're talking about Magneto. Magneto also has mastery of energy. He has sub-atomic control and control over the entire EM Spectrum. He even has control over life energy.  He has control over at least two of the fundamental forces of the Universe, and one of them plays a huge role in sub-atomic particles even being a part of each other to form matter. Why can't Magneto counter Captain Atom's attacks and rip apart his metallic form? If he truly does have time travel, than he can take this, but not seeing a win without it.

I  wasn't talking about the real Magus.  I've always used "Magus" or "Maggy"  as my nics for Magneto on this site, and  I  think you DO know that also.  But anyway, back to the point:  If Dilustel was not on CA, and just by itself,  I'm pretty sure (altho' this is still up for debate) that Maggy would be able to rip it apart.  But we're talking about this being on CA himself, who can basically absorb any EM energy Maggy throws his way and redirect it or convert it into something else, and on a much grander scale than Maggy can handle.  So far, I have seen no proofs that would convince me that Maggy would be able to win this fight.
Equonox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Equonox
@WindCloud: Eh I was agreeing with Buckshot lol.  Not that I take fault with what you said (I understood it was sarcastic), just agreeing w/ him it wasn't the case in reality.
Thepowercosmic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By Thepowercosmic

Atom this is way off in Speed, Strength , durability  way way off 

Thepowercosmic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Thepowercosmic
@Buckshot: is there new Majestic comics coming out ?
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@WindCloud said:

@WindCloud said:

Thank you. At least somebody saw my attempt at humor in that one.

So was it true or an attempt at humor?

@Thepowercosmic said:

@Buckshot: is there new Majestic comics coming out ?

Not that I've heard.

WindCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By WindCloud
@Buckshot said:

@WindCloud said:

@WindCloud said:

Both.  But, generally, in my opinion, DC overpowers most of their characters compared to other companies like Marvel and Image.  So,  I  was just being sarcastic in using that as an argument for this battle, which  I  shoulda given more valid reasons from the beginning.  But, as you and others can see, after that attempt,  I  did go into detail about why  I  think Capt. Atom will defeat Maggy here.
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@WindCloud said:

@Buckshot said:

@WindCloud said:

@WindCloud said:

Both. But, generally, in my opinion, DC overpowers most of their characters compared to other companies like Marvel and Image. So, I was just being sarcastic in using that as an argument for this battle, which I shoulda given more valid reasons from the beginning. But, as you and others can see, after that attempt, I did go into detail about why I think Capt. Atom will defeat Maggy here.

Your opinion is not necessarily truth. While some characters are more powerful that Marvel/Image characters, I don't think it's true that "most" of DC's regular characters are more powerful in any significant way, or that there aren't Marvel characters that are more powerful than many DC characters. I think the majority of DC characters are on the same levels as the majority of Marvel characters, but many of the most well known DC characters are their most powerful and that gets generalized when it shouldn't be.

theicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By theicon

stalemate

gravitypress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By gravitypress

Couldn't Magneto just crack the suit?

WindCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By WindCloud
@Buckshot said:

@WindCloud said:

@Buckshot said:

@WindCloud said:

@WindCloud said:

Both. But, generally, in my opinion, DC overpowers most of their characters compared to other companies like Marvel and Image. So, I was just being sarcastic in using that as an argument for this battle, which I shoulda given more valid reasons from the beginning. But, as you and others can see, after that attempt, I did go into detail about why I think Capt. Atom will defeat Maggy here.

Your opinion is not necessarily truth. While some characters are more powerful that Marvel/Image characters, I don't think it's true that "most" of DC's regular characters are more powerful in any significant way, or that there aren't Marvel characters that are more powerful than many DC characters. I think the majority of DC characters are on the same levels as the majority of Marvel characters, but many of the most well known DC characters are their most powerful and that gets generalized when it shouldn't be.

Oh, my bad.  I  didn't know that  I  have no rights to state my own opinion on this site, if it's not the truth.  Very well,  I  must try to state ONLY facts on this site from now on, and if  I'm not sure about something,  I  must shut up.  So, apologies if  I  have offended you in any way at all, Mr. Moderator.
Baltoro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Baltoro
@gravitypress said:
A bloodlusted Captain Atom would be like dealing with this.  So yeah, Magneto can crack the suit like an oyster, but he is going to be incinerated by what comes out...

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@WindCloud said:

@Buckshot said:

@WindCloud said:

@Buckshot said:

@WindCloud said:

@WindCloud said:

Oh, my bad. I didn't know that I have no rights to state my own opinion on this site, if it's not the truth. Very well, I must try to state ONLY facts on this site from now on, and if I'm not sure about something, I must shut up. So, apologies if I have offended you in any way at all, Mr. Moderator.

You don't have to cop a silly little attitude. You made a statement and I said it was a horrible generalization and then you claimed your opinion was truth. You're totally allowed to have an opinion, but just because it's your opinion doesn't mean I can't say something about it (which is just me having an opinion about your opinion) especially when you state your opinion as truth. Seems weird that you'd get defensive about your ability to have an opinion by being sarcastic when I have one. Double standard much?

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@WindCloud said:

Captain Atom is infused with DC stats, which is usually off the charts compared to Marvel stats, and you should already know this. 

WindCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By WindCloud
@Buckshot: Let's just forget it.  Doesn't matter much here anyway since we're all preetty much in mutual agreement about the point of this thread, right ?  That Capt. Atom should win this one.
OhItsThatGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By OhItsThatGuy
@WindCloud

Can Cap Atom drain the life force out of a young Phoenix? Can he drain two nukes?
WindCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By WindCloud
@OhItsThatGuy said:
@WindCloud:  Can Cap Atom drain the life force out of a young Phoenix? Can he drain two nukes?
WTH is a "young Phoenix" ?  I  think you meant just "Phoenix" (or "Dk. Phoenix"), right ?  In that case, probly not, but that has nothing to do with Magneto here, and please don't tell me that you're comparing Magneto to Phoenix, coz that'd be a total no-no.

Two nukes is nothing to Capt Atom.  He can essentially absorb a million nukes if he wants to.  And  I  would like to see Magneto withstand that sort of energy when CA fires it back at him.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Static Shock

@Baltoro said:

@gravitypress said:
A bloodlusted Captain Atom would be like dealing with this. So yeah, Magneto can crack the suit like an oyster, but he is going to be incinerated by what comes out...

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

There's more to this instance than Captain Atom being bloodlusted. He was powered up, having absorbed all 51 versions of himself.

However, Monarch blew up a city (Bludhaven) and destroyed North America, but of an alternate Earth, before he was upgraded. So... yeah. LOL. It's safe to say that Captain Atom could pull this off if he's not holding back.

@gravitypress said:

Against a guy that absorbs energy? It's not likely to work. Even then, Magneto couldn't just crack adamantium. He had to destabilize its molecules with his powers before ripping it from Wolverine's body.

At the same time, Captain Atom is immune to molecular manipulation.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#34  Edited By Erik
@Static Shock
Lol you sure do not like to make things easy.
acer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By acer51

in my opinion magneto stomps  unless somone can tell me how atom would hurt magneto
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Static Shock

@OhItsThatGuy said:

@WindCloud: Can Cap Atom drain the life force out of a young Phoenix? Can he drain two nukes?

Captain Atom has absorbed nukes before on two different occasions and came out of it fine. He's even absorbed Major Force with ease (and him exploding is comparable to a nuke).

As for draining the life force out of the Phoenix, I think you're over-exaggerating that. All Magneto did was tap into the Earth's electromagnetic field and use it to drain the Phoenix force out of Jean Grey. He didn't drain her life force.

bumnut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By bumnut

Correct me if i'm wrong, but does not CA have metalic skin covering him??

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Static Shock

@bumnut said:

Doesn't matter when he can absorb energy. Magnetic force would be useless. He'd just absorb it.

bumnut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By bumnut
@Static Shock said:

@bumnut said:

Doesn't matter when he can absorb energy. Magnetic force would be useless. He'd just absorb it.

How can it not matter when it's a main factor against someone with magnetic powers? And can CA get  through Mag's shields?
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Static Shock

@OhItsThatGuy said:

Magneto can control gravity

Captain Atom has been able to generate an anti-gravity burst to immobilize the Wonder Twins, and has even used his Quantum energies to make a gravity well to suck an entire city into an enlarged Boom Tube.

@OhItsThatGuy said:

can control things on a sub-atomic level

Captain Atom can transmute both organic and inorganic matter. He's transmuted arrows into butterflies, a plasma pistol into a toy spaceship, has manipulated Maul's physical structure, changing him back into a normal human being, and has transmuted Engineer (a cyborg) back into her human form.

@OhItsThatGuy said:

can produce powerful shields

Captain Atom does this, too. On a regular basis.

@OhItsThatGuy said:

can lift mountains

Captain Atom is physically strong enough to move mountains, also. This was stated in an issue of Justice League Europe.

@OhItsThatGuy said:

He has exhibited his powers on a planetary scale.

Captain Atom has created his own universe within the Quantum Field.

@OhItsThatGuy said:

To my knowledge, he has control over at least two of the four fundamental forces of the Universe.

Captain Atom has control over the whole Unified Field, and has been able to manipulate three fundamental forces (electromagnetism, gravity, weak force interaction).

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Static Shock

@bumnut said:

How can it not matter when it's a main factor against someone with magnetic powers?

Because the person he'd attempt to use it on would just absorb the magnetic force required to do it. That was implied in my last post.

WindCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By WindCloud
@Static Shock: Can CA really absorb about 1 M nukes if he wanted to ?
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Erik
@Static Shock said:

@bumnut said:

How can it not matter when it's a main factor against someone with magnetic powers?

Because the person he'd attempt to use it on would just absorb the magnetic force required to do it. That was implied in my last post.

Lol.
bumnut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By bumnut
@Static Shock said:

@bumnut said:

Was not Magneto able to manipulate Proteus, also?
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Static Shock

@bumnut said:

Was not Magneto able to manipulate Proteus, also?

That's a totally different situation from what we're discussing.

In any case, Captain Atom is actually immune to molecular manipulation, unlike Proteus.

@WindCloud said:

He can absorb infinite amounts of energy but at the cost of regulating his absorption rate. So, theoretically, yes, but it would take forever if he wanted to do it without Quantum Jumping.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Erik
@Static Shock
I hope for your sake that CA is essentially the same in the DCNU, aesthetics aside.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Static Shock
@Erik said:
@Static Shock:  Lol you sure do not like to make things easy.

You know me. LOL. 

@acer51 said:
in my opinion magneto stomps  unless somone can tell me how atom would hurt magneto
Like this.  

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Static Shock
@Erik said:
@Static Shock:  I hope for your sake that CA is essentially the same in the DCNU, aesthetics aside.
I hope so. LOL. 
Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#49  Edited By The Impersonator

I would go for Magneto.
WindCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By WindCloud

@WindCloud said:

He can absorb infinite amounts of energy but at the cost of regulating his absorption rate. So, theoretically, yes, but it would take forever if he wanted to do it without Quantum Jumping.

So, as per all my posts about his feats in this thread thus far,  I  was right all along.  Thanks for confirming that.