Lightweights H2H bracket-style battle!

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By owie  Moderator

This is a bracket-style H2H battle among characters who are more-or-less plain human (only a few have limited powers).

(Please note that this is not intended to be any kind of inclusive list, and it doesn't necessarily use all the best or most popular H2H combatants at this power class.)

They each start out in pairs, battling each other. Once each battle is done, they move on to the next battle, as stipulated by the brackets. The last one is the Big Winner!

Who wins each battle in each round? (See bracket below.)

These battles take place in an empty high-school gym. Each fight starts at 15’.

Win by any means. Each participant is completely rested and restored before each new battle. Morals off.

Character versions and weapons:

Huntress is Helena Bertinelli, pre-new 52, she has her staff and a knife. White Tiger is the version after being resurrected by the Hand, she has a katana. Moon Knight is the classic, original version (no carbonadium armor, no mystic powers, no multiple personalities); he has a metal staff and nunchaku. Talia Al-Ghul is pre-New 52 and has a katana and a wakizashi. Swordsman is Jacques Duquesne in his classic state; he has his special sword with various energy-projection powers. The Black Knight is Dane Whitman and has the Ebony Blade. Miho is current and has a pair of butterfly swords. Manslaughter is the version from New Defenders era, and has a longsword and dagger. Kingpin is current and has a metal staff. Marv is classic and has brass knuckles and a crowbar. Ka-Zar is current and has a dagger and spear. Scarlett is the current comics version and has a pair of kamas. Hunter Rose (Grendel) is classic and has his bladed fork-staff. Bengal is classic and has two sais. Fancy Dan is classic and has a sap and switchblade. Damian is pre-new 52 and has a katana and a tonfa.

Combatants may of course decide to forego their weapons and just fight with their hands.

The Bracket:

No Caption Provided

Who wins each fight in each round?

Huntress
Huntress
White Tiger
White Tiger
Moon Knight
Moon Knight
Talia Al-Ghul
Talia Al-Ghul
Swordsman
Swordsman
Black Knight
Black Knight
Miho
Miho
Manslaughter
Manslaughter
Kingpin
Kingpin
Marv
Marv
Ka-Zar
Ka-Zar
Scarlett
Scarlett
Hunter Rose (Grendel)
Hunter Rose (Grendel)
Bengal
Bengal
Fancy Dan
Fancy Dan
Damian Wayne
Damian Wayne

If you enjoyed this, you may also like my Magic bracket battle and Guns bracket battle. Welterweight, Middleweight, and Heavyweight H2H battles are coming soon.

sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By sandiego008

I'll answer first I guess ... as I wanted to do some of your other threads and never did.

Edit: didn't come out like I wanted.

Round 1 Left side:

White Tiger

Tal -Al-Ghul

Swordsman

Manslaughter

Round 2 left side:

White Tiger

Manslaugher

Round 3 Left side: Manslaughter

Round 1 Right side:

Marv

Scarlett

Rose

Wayne

Round 2 Right side:

Marv

Wayne

Round 3 right side

Marv

Final Round:

Marv

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By owie  Moderator

@sandiego008 said:

I'll answer first I guess ... as I wanted to do some of your other threads and never did.

Edit: didn't come out like I wanted.

Thanks. The other threads are still prime for commenting!

You mean you didn't get the winner you want?

I would come up with a lot of the same winners. I'd take White Tiger, probably Moon Knight although a could definitely see a case for Talia, Black Knight, probably Manslaughter although only if he's lucky with his powers, Marv, Scarlett, Hunter Rose, and Damian. Although God knows I want Fancy Dan to have a win, that guy is awesome.

Round 2: I'd go with White Tiger in a close one over Moon Knight, Manslaughter (although its possible the Ebony Blade would be able to detect him before the attack), Marv, and Hunter Rose.

Round 3: Manslaughter and...I'm not sure, but I think Hunter Rose.

Big Winner: Manslaughter.

sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By sandiego008

@Owie: Nah I actually used spaces and made a bracket ... then when I submitted it looked all jumbled and I had to re-do it; that is what the edit is ...

I figured swordsman sword blast would be to much for black knight.

Yea ... moon knight and talia was a hard one for me to figure to be honest I went back and forth on it a few times ... I could easily be persuaded if the right feats were shown for either character.

I would've prob. had miho go further she just got unlucky to get manslaughter as her first opponent.

I had fancey dan winning ... then I realized he didn't have his guns and I thought that put him at a disadvantage against Wayne.

I wanted hunter rose to go further ... but I wasn't positive on his feats ... I could def. be persuaded for him to beat wayne ... maybe even marv.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By owie  Moderator

@sandiego008 said:

@Owie: Nah I actually used spaces and made a bracket ... then when I submitted it looked all jumbled and I had to re-do it; that is what the edit is ...

I figured swordsman sword blast would be to much for black knight.

Yea ... moon knight and talia was a hard one for me to figure to be honest I went back and forth on it a few times ... I could easily be persuaded if the right feats were shown for either character.

I would've prob. had miho go further she just got unlucky to get manslaughter as her first opponent.

I had fancey dan winning ... then I realized he didn't have his guns and I thought that put him at a disadvantage against Wayne.

I wanted hunter rose to go further ... but I wasn't positive on his feats ... I could def. be persuaded for him to beat wayne ... maybe even marv.

Swordsman's blasts are good, but I know that Black Knight has defeated him in the past. (Which I read after setting up the battle, otherwise I wouldn't have put them together.) Miho could possibly be the winner of it all, in my mind, except for Manslaughter's powers. Hunter Rose is a bit of a hard case; he tears through normal humans like paper, but in the end he died fighting Argent, basically a were-wolf. So he certainly has his limits. His training was also somewhat less rigorous than the normal comic character, no ninja training in the Himalayas or anything. I believe he first learned from a master fencer. On the other hand, he skirmished with Batman a couple times; in the longest fight he lost, but lasted a pretty long time and got some good hits in, and Batman definitely respected his fighting ability. So I think he could beat Damian, but there are some others I think he would lose to, like White Tiger, possibly Talia, definitely Miho. Marv is a hard one for Hunter to beat because of his sheer indominitability, but I think Hunter could use his speed and take him down by a thousand cuts.

(((Prodigy)))

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By (((Prodigy)))

I don't think anyone on that list can take a majority over Whitman if he has the Ebony Blade.

Billdevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Billdevil

Left Side: Round One

White Tiger

Moon Knight

Black KnighT

Miho

Right Side: Round One

Kingpin

Ka-Zar

Bengal

Damian (But really wanted to go for Fancy Dan)

Left Side: Round Two

White Tiger

Black Knight

Right Side: Round Two

Kingpin

Bengal

Left Side: Round Three

White Tiger

Right Side: Round Three

Kingpin

Winner:

KINGPIN

Volpe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Volpe
@Owie: Wow! I LOVE how much effort you've put into this! I'll be sure to have an in-depth look when I've got the time.
owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By owie  Moderator

@Volpe said:

@Owie: Wow! I LOVE how much effort you've put into this! I'll be sure to have an in-depth look when I've got the time.

Thanks! It's a lot of fun to put it all together.

@(((Prodigy))) said:

I don't think anyone on that list can take a majority over Whitman if he has the Ebony Blade.

Because of the blade's offensive or defensive capabilities?

In terms of offense, he's got to hit someone for it to have any effect, and while I totally respect his swordsmanship, there are several people here who he's not going to have an easy time hitting: White Tiger, Miho (especially), Hunter Rose, Fancy Dan, Damian.

When it comes to defensive capabilities, I don't recall it having any myself, but I do see that some sources do give the blade some defensive power: Wikipedia says it previously (but no longer) rendered the bearer immune to harm; CV says it keeps the bearer from being killed. The other online sources I've seen, however, don't mention these defensive powers, so I'm skeptical about whether they're a consistent power. For the purposes of this fight, anyway, I'm ruling that it has no special defensive powers. If I'm wrong and it's really a consistent power of the sword, let me know. (Even if the sword did have that power, he wouldn't need to be cut to be beaten; someone like Marv or Kingpin could just crush him, and any number of them could put him in a lock or hold and defeat him that way. I don't want to say he's not a good fighter, he could beat a number of these people, it's just that there are ways around the "no harm" thing even if the sword did have that power.)

(((Prodigy)))

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By (((Prodigy)))
@Owie:  

In terms of offense, he's got to hit someone for it to have any effect, and while I totally respect his swordsmanship, there are several people here who he's not going to have an easy time hitting: White Tiger, Miho (especially), Hunter Rose, Fancy Dan, Damian. 

Dane Whitman is one of the most skilled swordsmen in the Marvel universe, and none of the people you mentioned have any significant defensive capabilities aside from basic agility. All of their weapons can be cut in half by his in one hit. 
It's true that his physical stats aren't as high as theirs, but it's pretty dang tough to injure a guy when he has a large sword and you don't have any worthwhile weapons at all. 
Damian is the only person in that list I'm really familiar with, but he's absolutely nowhere near the necessary skill level to get past Dane's sword. 

I wasn't really thinking about the defensive capabilities of the sword when I said that. I was just taking into account that he's one of the best swordsmen in the world, he has a sword that can cut through anything, and nobody else has any way to defend against it in close combat.
owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By owie  Moderator

@(((Prodigy))) said:

@Owie:

Dane Whitman is one of the most skilled swordsmen in the Marvel universe, and none of the people you mentioned have any significant defensive capabilities aside from basic agility. All of their weapons can be cut in half by his in one hit. It's true that his physical stats aren't as high as theirs, but it's pretty dang tough to injure a guy when he has a large sword and you don't have any worthwhile weapons at all. Damian is the only person in that list I'm really familiar with, but he's absolutely nowhere near the necessary skill level to get past Dane's sword. I wasn't really thinking about the defensive capabilities of the sword when I said that. I was just taking into account that he's one of the best swordsmen in the world, he has a sword that can cut through anything, and nobody else has any way to defend against it in close combat.

I'd agree that he is one of the most skilled swordsmen in the MU. But some of the others are pretty darn fast--way faster than him--and wouldn't necessarily go for a sword-on-sword clash style of fighting. Miho, for instance, is an incredibly fast and agile ninja, and would be able to dodge his attacks. Plus her weapons in this case, butterfly swords, aren't really the kind of thing you'd clash against a longsword. So she'd dodge around and then go in for the kill at the right moment. White Tiger has slight superhuman strength and speed, and is able to fight top ninja swordfighters. He might beat her--cutting her katana in two would be more of an option here--but it's still a fight. Hunter Rose is also extremely fast (but human), and one of the top melee fighters in his world, so he'd do well. Fancy Dan I was kind of joking about, although he is actually pretty fast. Damian I'll give you, I think Dane would win there. Kingpin has beaten guys with swords, while being unarmed himself, all the time. Manslaughter's power is to basically make his opponents unaware of him; he's beaten almost the whole Defenders team by himself. So he could potentially just beat him via sneak attack.