Challenge a Viner: Power NeXus vs Dane

Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Power NeXus

When your training period is over, the teams will begin at opposite spawn points.  As for who begins at what spawn point---it doesn't matter! The map is symmetrical. As you can see, teams do not begin visible to one another.  Both teams know where the enemy team has begun, but don't know who they are.  Characters have no knowledge on the others, nor what powers they may have.  

Aerial view and layout (obviously there are no weapon pick ups =P ): 

Power NeXus' team: 

Power NeXus 
Powers: Spider-Man's athletic prowess, wall-crawling, spider-sense
Skills: Karnak's martial arts prowess and ability to sense weaknesses
Equipment: Scorpion's suit (minus the usual projectile weapons on the tail) 

Retnex 
Powers: Nightcrawler's teleportation, agility, wall-crawling, shadow-blending, night vision, physiology
Skills: Batman's martial arts and detective skills 
Equipment: Prowler's suit 

Dane's team: 

Dane 
Powers: Maverick's kinetic absorption, healing factor, concussive/heat blasts, corrosive enzyme secretion, scent suppression
Skills: Bullseye's fighting skills and perfect aim
Equipment: Maverick's vibranium suit with wrist-mounted plasma blasters 

k4tzm4n 
Powers: Daredevil's senses and Olympic-level physical attributes
Skills: Lady Shiva's fighting skills
Equipment: Muramasa Blade 

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By dane

boosh!

Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Power NeXus

the challenger arrives!

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

LOL
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By dane

ok, let's look at the match-ups.

Dane vs Power NeXus:
Spidey/Karnak/Scorpion vs Maverick/Bullseye. The problem is, there isn't really anything you can do to hurt me. Vibranium Suit and Impact Absorption means that the physical pain you're throwing at me just turns into power for me. Scorpion's suit's durability is significant but you're in serious danger. Maverick's concussive/heat blasts have been used to melt bullets in mid air and thats without Bullseye's aim. Spidey's agility probably isn't enough to avoid Bullseye and I could shoot you in the eyes with my wrist guns, blast your away with my energy blasts or grab your face with my acidic touch. Pretty bad news all round.

Dane vs Retnex:
Nightcrawler/Batman/Prowler vs Maverick/Bullseye. Similar problem here, I don't think there is really anything in your arsenal that can hurt me. Concussive blasts will be absorbed by vibranium, darts will just bounce off. Maverick's suit is air-tight and has a few minutes supply of oxygen so gas canisters won't be much help. Claws are made of steel, which won't rend vibranium. Batman's skills and Nightcrawler's powers are both formidable. The problem being, they've both been tagged easily by guys worse than Bullseye. Retnex might give me a run around with his teleporting but he's not that skilled with it, it's unlikely he can teleport in speed blitzes at this stage. With Bullseye's aim I'd give myself a very good chance of blasting him with my wrist guns and ending him.

k4tzm4n vs Power NeXus:
Spidey/Karnak/Scorpion vs Daredevil/Lady Shiva. Honestly, he just gets cut in half. Spider-Man isn't too fast for DD or Lady Shiva to tag and this is pretty much suicide against k4tzm4n unarmed.

k4tzm4n vs Retnex:
Nightcrawler/Batman/Prowler vs Daredevil/Lady Shiva. Probably equally suicidal. DD's senses should allow k4tz to predict any of your teleports and run you through with the M-Blade.

Apart from that, with DD's senses we should know where you are at all times. I see plenty of rooftops in that map and we should have trouble getting the drop on you. Lady Shiva's stealth skills for k4tz and being scentless and soundless with Bullseye's assassination skills for me. We should get the drop on your pretty good. Power NeXus might have a Spider-Sense to warn him but Retnex doesn't.

Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Power NeXus
@Dane:   
Dane vs Power NeXus

The problem is, there isn't really anything you can do to hurt me. Vibranium Suit and Impact Absorption means that the physical pain you're throwing at me just turns into power for me. 

This is where Karnak's skills can come into play. I just have to use the same strategy people use against Strong Guy or Sebastian Shaw. Karnak doesn't rely on brute force for beating opponents, but rather light hits in the perfect spots. If I don't hit you hard, you won't be able to absorb much kinetic energy to use against me. And even people with healing factors have been taken down by nerve strikes and hits to weak spots. 

I can't really disagree with anything about your 'Dane vs Retnex' argument.

k4tzm4n vs Power NeXus 

k4tz's weapon can cut me in half, but only if he can reach me. Scorpion's tail has a very large length advantage over the Muramasa blade, and can be moved at such speed that even Spider-Man had trouble dodging it. I can hit k4tzm4n before he can hit me.   

Spider-Man isn't too fast for DD or Lady Shiva to tag 

Spider-Man gets tagged by martial artist types only because he's untrained and somewhat stupid in comparison, and he can't attack them if he's more than an arm's length away. In this scenario, I have all of Spider-Man's speed, agility, spider-sense, ect, as well as the martial arts skill of Karnak (who has been training nearly his entire life) and a weapon that allows me to strike at blinding speed from at least 10 feet away, and is powerful enough to kill an unprotected human in one hit.

k4tzm4n vs Retnex 

DD's senses should allow k4tz to predict any of your teleports and run you through with the M-Blade.

What makes you think Retnex is going to be 'porting anywhere within melee range? Prowler's suit gives him significant long-range weaponry, and k4tzm4n can't do crap from long-range, unless he wants to try to throw the Muramasa Blade away (not advisable). He has no superhuman durability, no healing factor, no armor. One good hit from an explosive dart will take him out easily.

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By dane
@Power NeXus: 
" This is where Karnak's skills can come into play. I just have to use the same strategy people use against Strong Guy or Sebastian Shaw. Karnak doesn't rely on brute force for beating opponents, but rather light hits in the perfect spots. If I don't hit you hard, you won't be able to absorb much kinetic energy to use against me. And even people with healing factors have been taken down by nerve strikes and hits to weak spots."

I'm wearing Vibranium head to toe. The suit is even air tight. Unless you're scratching your fingernails against the grain there is nothing you can do to hurt me. While you're trying to close that range I'll be blasting your eyes out with Bullseye's aim. Getting in melee range means I can coat you in an acid that burns through anything. 

" k4tz's weapon can cut me in half, but only if he can reach me. Scorpion's tail has a very large length advantage over the Muramasa blade, and can be moved at such speed that even Spider-Man had trouble dodging it. I can hit k4tzm4n before he can hit me."

When was the last time Lady Shiva got taken down by a batarang? Scorpion's tail can be cut in half as easily as any other part of him.

" Spider-Man gets tagged by martial artist types only because he's untrained and somewhat stupid in comparison, and he can't attack them if he's more than an arm's length away. In this scenario, I have all of Spider-Man's speed, agility, spider-sense, ect, as well as the martial arts skill of Karnak (who has been training nearly his entire life) and a weapon that allows me to strike at blinding speed from at least 10 feet away, and is powerful enough to kill an unprotected human in one hit."

You're not up against an unprotected human and the fact that Karnak's skills won't make you faster. Spider-Man gets tagged because even with his speed and agility he isn't unhittable. Karnak may be able to see weaknesses but Lady Shiva can see what attacks you're going to make before you make them. What good is that tail strike when he can see it coming and counter with the M-Blade?

" What makes you think Retnex is going to be 'porting anywhere within melee range? Prowler's suit gives him significant long-range weaponry, and k4tzm4n can't do crap from long-range, unless he wants to try to throw the Muramasa Blade away (not advisable). He has no superhuman durability, no healing factor, no armor. One good hit from an explosive dart will take him out easily.

Prowler's suit doesn't give him anything he could use to take down Lady Shiva. There's plenty of cover in that map, if you tried to turtle him he could just hide. If Retnex is  busy fighting him then it's me vs you, since you have no ranged attacks, all I'd have to do is blast you away, hit him in the head with a plasma shot from my wrist guns and then it's 2v1.
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By dane

rawr?

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Dane said:
"rawr?"

FTW
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Power NeXus

@Dane: 

I'm wearing Vibranium head to toe. The suit is even air tight. Unless you're scratching your fingernails against the grain there is nothing you can do to hurt me. While you're trying to close that range I'll be blasting your eyes out with Bullseye's aim. Getting in melee range means I can coat you in an acid that burns through anything. 

Yeah, well....

umm...

F***. 

I've got no good argument for that.  

When was the last time Lady Shiva got taken down by a batarang? Scorpion's tail can be cut in half as easily as any other part of him. 

So k4tzm4n is going to cut the tail in half as it's already coming at him at lethal speed? 
Any way I imagine that happening, it seems to be either ineffective, impossible for someone of human speed to do, or both. 
If I do just a simple scorpion-like strike (tail comes straight forward and hits with the tip like a battering ram), the only way k4tzm4n could survive it would be to just get the heck out of the way (and since even Spider-Man has trouble dodging it, I don't think k4tz could). Using the sword to try to slice it down the middle wouldn't do anything. He'd still have two halves of a tail coming at him at lethal speed.  

You're not up against an unprotected human and the fact that Karnak's skills won't make you faster. Spider-Man gets tagged because even with his speed and agility he isn't unhittable. Karnak may be able to see weaknesses but Lady Shiva can see what attacks you're going to make before you make them. What good is that tail strike when he can see it coming and counter with the M-Blade? 

Spider-Man's speed and agility is vastly superior to that of any human. He should be able to be nearly unhittable. He just remains hittable because he's undisciplined, untrained, and generally stupid in martial arts.   

Prowler's suit doesn't give him anything he could use to take down Lady Shiva. There's plenty of cover in that map, if you tried to turtle him he could just hide.

Hide from a teleporter? Not likely. Retnex can follow him anywhere he goes, but stay at just enough of a distance that k4tzm4n can't hit back.  

If Retnex is  busy fighting him then it's me vs you, since you have no ranged attacks, all I'd have to do is blast you away, hit him in the head with a plasma shot from my wrist guns and then it's 2v1. 

And, for that reason, I think I must concede this battle. While I am of the opinion that both myself and Retnex are capable of beating k4tzm4n, I can not see how either of us would be able to beat you without a very great deal of luck.

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By dane
@Power NeXus:  

k4tz could use Lady Shiva's martial arts to see the tail attack coming and dodge. DD's senses will great his a superhuman reaction time too. 

Also, the M-Blade has reflected Cyclop's optic blasts, so I think k4tz could do the same against Prowler's concussive blasts.

I accept your concession. It would be a good battle, but I set up my gear up so that it's very difficult for anyone to hurt me.
DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By DedmanWalkin

I realize this isn't my debate but just a few comments. 

All things have weak points even Vibranium weave suits. If Karnak can bring down a solid concrete wall with a couple of unaided hits to weak points, Prowler's claws should be able to target weakpoints in the weave and pierce it successfully. 

Lady Shiva hasn't come upon someone with a prehensile tail attack as quick and strong as Scorpion's tail. Also her powers work by reading the movements of people like how most people point their feet in the direction they intend to go. The tail would have no real body movement associated with it beyond maybe bracing for launch so it would be difficult for her skills to predict. 

I still believe that Dane's team would win but just that those points aren't necessarily valid.

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By dane
@DedmanWalkin said:
" I realize this isn't my debate but just a few comments.   All things have weak points even Vibranium weave suits. If Karnak can bring down a solid concrete wall with a couple of unaided hits to weak points, Prowler's claws should be able to target weakpoints in the weave and pierce it successfully.   Lady Shiva hasn't come upon someone with a prehensile tail attack as quick and strong as Scorpion's tail. Also her powers work by reading the movements of people like how most people point their feet in the direction they intend to go. The tail would have no real body movement associated with it beyond maybe bracing for launch so it would be difficult for her skills to predict.   I still believe that Dane's team would win but just that those points aren't necessarily valid. "
1. You do realize he has no way of detecting me, I have a ranged heat blast that could melt his suit and if he got into melee range I could cover his face in acid, right? I don't think trying to scratch me up with claws is the way to go. Maverick absolutely schooled Sabretooth in melee range.

2. Attacking with the tail still involves flagging your movement into a certain direction. Gargan doesn't just stand stock still and his tail bursts out of nowhere like a giant jug of kool-aid and screams YEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH as it pierces his enemies. K4tz has Daredevil's senses, he'll know that an attack is coming and has superhuman reflexes to dodge it. Keeping in mind, he has no way to track k4tzm4n and he could easily use DD's senses and Lady Shiva's skills to perform a stealth kill with his M-Blade.

Cheers. The Challenge a Viner thread is underrated.
DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By DedmanWalkin

It is, pity I haven't been challenged yet. 

I wasn't suggesting that you couldn't stop him before he got into range but that if he did get in range he could bypass your armor. 

Lady Shiva has never encountered someone with a tail like Scorpion's so she wouldn't know what signs to look for immediately. Upon a second strike, she may be capable but without that knowledge before hand the tail would still be a viable means of attack. Now the addition of Daredevil's powers almost make Lady Shiva's skills unnecessary.