Bracket-Style Battle: Guns a'Blazin'

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By owie  Moderator

This is a bracket-style battle between people who use guns. (Please note that this is not intended to be any kind of inclusive list, and it doesn't necessarily use all the best or most popular shooters. Some of them are popular, but I also wanted to use other characters who don't always show up in the forums.)

They each start out in pairs, battling each other. Once each battle is done, they move on to the next battle, as stipulated by the brackets. The last one is the Big Winner!

Who wins each battle in each round? (See bracket below.)

These battles take place in an abandoned city. Each fight starts at 40', squaring off old-west style. After they start, they may run for cover and then attack and defend as desired.

Win by death or KO or incapacitation. Each participant is completely rested and restored before each new battle. Morals off. They may not take their opponent's weapons when they win.

Each participant has unlimited ammunition. The exact weapons each character has are listed below. If they have any powers, they may use those too. If they have body armor, in this fight the armor is enough to reduce the damage from their opponent's bullets but not completely negate them.

Characters' weapons:

Paladin has his stun gun and body armor. Jonah Hex has two revolvers and a lever-action rifle. Beach Head has a submachine gun, a semi-automatic pistol, and a bulletproof vest. Nick Fury has a laser pistol and a submachine gun. Lady Blackhawk has two semiautomatic pistols and an automatic shotgun. Vigilante has an assault rifle, a semiautomatic pistol, and body armor. Scourge has a submachine gun with explosive bullets. Foolkiller has his purification gun (a disintegration-beam pistol). Grifter has two semiautomatic pistols and an assault rifle. Solo has two semiautomatic pistols, two submachine guns, a semiautomatic shotgun, an assault rifle, a snub-nosed revolver, and body armor. Judge Dredd has his Lawgiver pistol, which has standard, rubber richochet, armor piercing, heat-seeking, incendiary, and high-explosive bullets, plus a pump-action shotgun and body armor. Scalphunter can make whatever kind of weapons he wants, plus body armor. Crossbones has an assault rifle, a submachine gun, a semiautomatic pistol, a revolver, and body armor. The Comedian has an assault rifle, two semiautomatic pistols, and body armor. Domino has a semiautomatic pistol and an assault rifle. Deadshot has his two wrist guns and body armor.

Character versions:

Paladin, Jonah Hex, Beach Head, Crossbones, Domino (has powers), and Deadshot are current (New 52 if applicable). Nick Fury, Judge Dredd, and the Comedian are in their prime. Lady Blackhawk is pre-new 52. Vigilante is Patricia Trayce. Scourge is the original ("Muscle Beach"). Foolkiller is the original. Grifter is pre-New 52 and has his healing factor and his low-level psi powers: can read basic intents with TP, can move light objects (5 lbs.) with TK. Solo is standard, and has his teleportation powers. Scalphunter is standard, and has his weapon-making and healing powers.

The Brackets:

No Caption Provided

WHO WINS EACH FIGHT IN EACH ROUND?

Paladin
Paladin
Jonah Hex
Jonah Hex
Beach Head
Beach Head
Nick Fury
Nick Fury
Lady Blackhawk
Lady Blackhawk
Vigilante
Vigilante
Scourge
Scourge
Foolkiller
Foolkiller
Grifter
Grifter
Solo
Solo
Judge Dredd
Judge Dredd
Scalphunter
Scalphunter
Crossbones
Crossbones
The Comedian
The Comedian
Domino
Domino
Deadshot
Deadshot
owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By owie  Moderator

Ok, here's my guess:

Round 1:Jonah Hex beats Paladin. While all the technical advantages are on Paladin's side (speed of repeated shots, armor, personal speed/strength) I think Jonah is just too nuts for Paladin to beat. Nick Fury beats Beach Head in a close battle. Fury is just too slippery and has too much experience in hard-to-win situations, but it will be close, because Beach Head is tenacious and a tough customer. Vigilante beats Lady Blackhawk; I think she is more of a marksman. Scourge beats Foolkiller in another close one; Scourge is more combat-experienced and able to keep his head in a fight. Solo beats Grifter; teleportation is a handy power. Judge Dredd beats Scalphunter; both have a lot of versatility in their weapons, but Dredd can change his ammo faster, and in personality he's unstoppable and perhaps a better shot. Crossbones beats the Comedian; they're both tough guys, but I think Crossbones is a better shot and also in general better physical shape, he can outlast the Comedian. Domino barely beats Deadshot. He's a better shot, and his armor is the best here, but she's a good combatant too, and probably more agile, and her luck in the end will help her out.

Round 2: Nick Fury beats Jonah Hex; Fury is a step up from Paladin and can overcome Hex with his speed and equal tenacity. Vigilante beats Scourge; she's definitely more skilled. Judge Dredd beats Solo; he's just not putting up with any nonsense from that dude. I'm really not sure in Crossbones vs Domino; while Crossbones is not as good a shot as Deadshot, his approach is based less in pure accuracy as it is in personal domination and aggression, and so is harder for her luck to beat. I'm going to say that in the end Domino manages to take it by a hair.

Round 3:Nick Fury beats Vigilante; while she's good, he's and even better shot and more experienced. Judge Dredd beats Domino. I have a hard time justifying exactly why I see him winning over Solo and Domino, but I just see him as a more implacable character, able to take what anyone dishes out. And his weapon is pretty effective. I think her luck just runs out here.

Round 4:Judge Dredd beats Nick Fury. They're fairly evenly matched in skill and experience. Fury is more agile. But Fury loses sometimes, and I think this is another of those times.

What do you all think? There are a lot of close fights here, I can see it going a million different ways. I realize I went for a certain degree of tenacity over marksmanship in a lot of these fights, I don't know if that would really be the arbitrating factor or not.

rico_3088

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By rico_3088

Damn you (not really) so putting beach head against Nick fury and DeadShot vs Domino. after the first round my match up's are Paladin vs Nick fury, Lady Black Hawk vs Foolkiller, Grifter vs Judge Dredd, Crossbones vs Deadshot . Then it will be Nick fury vs foolkiller, Grifter vs Deadshot (would love to see this in the new 52, if dc doesn't kill deadshot off) then it wil be Grifter vs Nick fury with the champion being Nick fury

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By owie  Moderator

@rico_3088 said:

Damn you (not really) so putting beach head against Nick fury and DeadShot vs Domino. after the first round my match up's are Paladin vs Nick fury, Lady Black Hawk vs Foolkiller, Grifter vs Judge Dredd, Crossbones vs Deadshot . Then it will be Nick fury vs foolkiller, Grifter vs Deadshot (would love to see this in the new 52, if dc doesn't kill deadshot off) then it wil be Grifter vs Nick fury with the champion being Nick fury

Funny, we have almost opposite lists. I have to say, I really like Beach Head too. I didn't want him to lose right out of the gate. And actually, when I was making the list, ick Fury was only an afterthought, and I didn't really expect him to do well at all. But when I was thinking about it, I just kept thinking, no way does he lose against this guy, and he ended up going almost all the way.

sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By sandiego008

Round 1 Left side:

Jonah Hex

Beach Head

Vigilante

Fool Killer

Round 2 Left side

Beach Head

Vigilante

Round 3 Left side

Vigilante

Round 1 Right side:

Grifter

Scalp Hunter

Cross bones

Domino

Round 2 Right Side:

Grifter

Domino

Round 3 Right Side:

Domino

Final Round

Domion

Left side looks a little weird because I didn't have it in my heart to let beach head lose first round ... he is the man .. awesome pic of him too!