Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By PhoenixoftheTides

Callisto (http://www.comicvine.com/callisto/29-3423/)  vs Medusa (http://www.comicvine.com/medusa/29-4327/)

Both women are in a warehouse, and start 10 feet away from each other. The crates have knives, tools and other paraphernalia in them that can be used as weapons in a pinch.
Round 1: Morals on
Round 2: Morals off, but Callisto doesn't have her usual weapons. To the death.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2  Edited By Erik

Both are willing to kill with morals on.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

Interesting match-up. I think Medusa's hair is stronger and has the greater reach than Cal's tentacles, but Callisto is a much better fighter, is pretty fast and agile and is skilled with blades and accurate with throwing them. If Callisto doesn't try to get into a tug of war with Medusa (which would be a mistake) she can kill her from a range with her blades. Plus, Cal had developed the ability to immediately intuit the tactics needed to defeat her opponents. I can see a slight to fair majority for Cal here.

PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By PhoenixoftheTides
@erik: Any idea which would win?
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By PhoenixoftheTides
@THUNDERBOLT30: But Medusa's hair is stronger - I think her hair can lift up to 1.75 tons. And she has more hair than Callisto has tentacles, so she could hold more weapons and even defend herself. Change your opinion at all?
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Erik
@PhoenixoftheTides said:
Probably Callisto. Without the blades, I would put all my money on Medusa but with all those tentacles, each one wielding a blade would make Callisto a whirlwind of death. She would be the ultimate hairstylist to Medusa.
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By PhoenixoftheTides
@erik said:
@PhoenixoftheTides said:
Probably Callisto. Without the blades, I would put all my money on Medusa but with all those tentacles, each one wielding a blade would make Callisto a whirlwind of death. She would be the ultimate hairstylist to Medusa.
Heh. Well Callisto isn't strong enough to cut Medusa's hair - it takes special equipment and very high strength to cut it. Thanks for responding!
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Erik
@PhoenixoftheTides said:
@erik said:
@PhoenixoftheTides said:
Heh. Well Callisto isn't strong enough to cut Medusa's hair - it takes special equipment and very high strength to cut it. Thanks for responding!
Not sure what makes you think that. Her bio states that her hair has the tensile strength of steel of equivalent thickness. That is only twice as strong as the average healthy human hair strand. Someone with peak human strength and razor sharp blade should be able to handle the hair just fine.
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By PhoenixoftheTides

@erik : The bio states that the strength of each strand of her hair has  greater tensile strength and durability than steel wire of equivalent thickness. The average human has 100,000 strands of hair (redheads typically have 90,000 - it is correlated with hair color). Medusa most likely has many more strands of hair than the average. So we're talking about trying to cut through at least 100k steel wires - not sure if a peak human is strong enough to do that - that's essentially a steel cable. It also points out the ways that her hair can be used as a weapon and defense in close combat so I hope you took that into account ;).

" Her hair is a devastating weapon in close combat, since most opponents find it impossible to block or evade all of her attacks at once and quickly find themselves overwhelmed by the countless strands. Even while she attacks with her hair from many directions, she can simultaneously use it to shield herself from attack, since it is extremely durable and difficult to damage."
cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By cattlebattle

I thought this thread was about Hentai............LOLz

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Erik
@PhoenixoftheTides
Okay so greater. It does not say greater than stainless steel though so we know that it is not much stronger than steel. That said, it should be fairly easy to cut the hair for a peak human. I never said they had to cut all the hair at once. Considering Callisto's multiple limbs, it is likely that Medusa will not be using the hair as a single unit of hair but dividing it to deal with multiple attack points from Callisto.
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

Interesting match-up. I think Medusa's hair is stronger and has the greater reach than Cal's tentacles, but Callisto is a much better fighter, is pretty fast and agile and is skilled with blades and accurate with throwing them. If Callisto doesn't try to get into a tug of war with Medusa (which would be a mistake) she can kill her from a range with her blades. Plus, Cal had developed the ability to immediately intuit the tactics needed to defeat her opponents. I can see a slight to fair majority for Cal here.

I am pretty sure that the tactical intuition was one of Callisto's former mutant powers but she lost that during M Day. She got some of those powers back using the Terrigen Mist, but not sure if she got the intuition aspect back. I just think this is an interesting matchup because Callisto can use her tendrils to wield a variety of weapons, while Medusa can use her hair to form different weapons (spears, clubs, shields, etc.) so it should be more interesting than it appears at first glance. 

Thanks for responding!
blacharrt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By blacharrt

I have to agree with erik, Medusa has more Hair than Callisto has tentacles

agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By agent9149
@blacharrt said:
that sounds so wrong in the wrong context
Phylos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By Phylos
@agent9149 said:
@blacharrt said:
that sounds so wrong in the wrong context

LMFAO!
THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30
@PhoenixoftheTides said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

I am pretty sure that the tactical intuition was one of Callisto's former mutant powers but she lost that during M Day. She got some of those powers back using the Terrigen Mist, but not sure if she got the intuition aspect back. I just think this is an interesting matchup because Callisto can use her tendrils to wield a variety of weapons, while Medusa can use her hair to form different weapons (spears, clubs, shields, etc.) so it should be more interesting than it appears at first glance.  Thanks for responding!

Callisto had tactical intution pre M-Day, and did not reacquire it after her exposure to the terrigen mists. She acquired this during the X-treme X-men Gladiator story arc and had it all throughout her time in Excalibur. If this is pre HOM Callisto, which I am assuming it was due to the picture of the Excalibur cover in the OP, then she has this ability in addition to her other physical abilities. Medusa's hair is stronger, can probably extend longer and yes, she can create weapons out of it but Callisto had at least 20 long tentacles (not counting the short ones) and doesn't have to be within media's reachin distance to kill her. Cal is fast and agile enough to evade and throw numerous projectiles at Medusa with extreme accuracy, and if she sees an opening for a killing strike, I think she can pull it off.      
Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By texasdeathmatch

Also, not that this is a determining factor, but if Callisto tries to cut off Medusa's hairs, she can still control them, I think.

daken_2513

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By daken_2513

Medusa wins both rounds her hair is too strong cut with just kinives
THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

Cal doesn't need to cut Medusa's hair to win here. She could just hurl blade after blade into Medusa's body.

Slash03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Medusa