Batman vs Edward Cullen

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RoyalDivinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RoyalDivinity

vs

Batman has met with Edward Cullen before and within the midst of their first battle, Edward broke Batman's back. After a years worth of time of recovering from that incident, Batman decides to study up on Edward's powers and about Vampires in general. He created a simulation from the information he learned about Edward and vampires and from his fight with him in order to fully understand how to fight Edward and win.

Conditions

- Batman possesses full knowledge on Edward's powers, mindset, character, and fighting style.

- Batman's utility belt contains the standard materials such as his gas mask, batarangs, ice pellets, smoke pellets, grapple gun, anesthetic gas, incendiary grenades, flash bombs, Batrope, ect

- Batman's in constant communication and being fed intel by Oracle.

- Edward knows Batman in liaison to the average citizen of Gotham, a hero that dresses up as a bat to beat up bad guys. He has no idea what gadgets Batman possesses other than the Batarangs and the grapple gun.

- This is DCU Batman, not the DC52 version.

- No preparation.

- Both contenders are in character.

- Win by any means necessary.

- Fight takes place in this warehouse. Edward starts at the end and Batman on the opposite side.

Who wins?

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The Batman.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By WARLOCK2792

LOL "He created a stimulation"

I have reason to believe that Edward can still win this.

RoyalDivinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By RoyalDivinity

@White Mage said:

Simulation. Sorry. Epic mistake.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@PunkMastaFlex said:

@White Mage said:

Simulation. Sorry. Epic mistake.

LOL Don't apologize. It was delicious

But, yeah, Edward's blur movements and speeds. I don't know how Batman would feel about killing a vampire like Edward, but I do know that Edward would very possibly be willing to kill Batman. If they both start off at the EXACT same time, then Batman still might not have an advantage, because realistically, Edward should be there before Bruce can take major action.

How useful is Oracle as far as speed blitzers go? I'm genuinely curious, because she may or may not be completely useless here. Seeing as how Edward should still be too fast for her to give useful intel.

Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Sherlock
@White Mage: While Cullen is fast he lacks any real fighting ability.Kinda like Spiderman.Going by powers he should own but id still put my money on Bats for this one
RoyalDivinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RoyalDivinity

@White Mage:

More like deathly embarrassing :P

Edward's blur movements and speeds

Batman's fought faster beings before. One good example is his fight against Deathstroke whom's 10x faster than a human in reaction speed, much stronger, more durable, and faster. Batman's able to keep up and hold his own against Deathstroke each time they fight. I also want to note that Batman has consistently dodge bullets due to various factors. I highly doubt Edward moves faster than a bullet. Batman should be able to react and with the combination of skill, martial arts, and agility, he should be able to fight Edward without being blitzed.

If they both start off at the EXACT same time

They do actually.

How useful is Oracle as far as speed blitzers go? I'm genuinely curious, because she may or may not be completely useless here. Seeing as how Edward should still be too fast for her to give useful intel

Oracle's there for insurance really. Batman has all he needs already for this battle.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Sherlock said:

@White Mage: While Cullen is fast he lacks any real fighting ability.Kinda like Spiderman.Going by powers he should own but id still put my money on Bats for this one

Some of this makes COMPLETE sense, and some of it also leaves me skeptical. While Edward does not have the exact same fighting skills as someone who has trained in Martial arts the way Batman has, he still has beyond human reaction times, seeing as how he not only matches Jasper and Emmett, but he also went toe to toe with VICTORIA, which really is quite impressive.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@PunkMastaFlex:

Batman's fought faster beings before. One good example is his fight against Deathstroke whom's 10x faster than a human in reaction speed, much stronger, more durable, and faster. Batman's able to keep up and hold his own against Deathstroke each time they fight. I also want to note that Batman has consistently dodge bullets due to various factors.

Edward is still the same guy that can uproot fairly big trees with his bare hands. I will need to see some scans or something showing Deathstroke in action, because there could still be quite a difference between his peak speed, and Edwards peak vampire speed. Also, dodging bullets is impressive, don't get me wrong. But the feat itself is not a grounds for victory. I need more circumstances.

I highly doubt Edward moves faster than a bullet.

It's possible he does.

MrBigBalls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MrBigBalls

Batman!

rmsb1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By rmsb1984

The vampire

Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Sherlock
@White Mage said:

@Sherlock said:

Some of this makes COMPLETE sense, and some of it also leaves me skeptical. While Edward does not have the exact same fighting skills as someone who has trained in Martial arts the way Batman has, he still has beyond human reaction times, seeing as how he not only matches Jasper and Emmett, but he also went toe to toe with VICTORIA, which really is quite impressive.

Everything about this kind of fight leaves anyone with any from of smarts skeptical.
Running speed and combat speed are very different (Just ask wonderwoman)He may be able to mave that quickly but im not as sure about applying it to combat.
Im not savvy on the character.The only intel i have is from when my ex girlfriend made me sit through it and i didnt pay much attention
Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Lance Uppercut

Edward, unfortunately. Batman doesn't have the strength to cut Edward.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Sherlock said:

@White Mage said:

@Sherlock said:

Everything about this kind of fight leaves anyone with any from of smarts skeptical. Running speed and combat speed are very different (Just ask wonderwoman)He may be able to mave that quickly but im not as sure about applying it to combat. Im not savvy on the character.The only intel i have is from when my ex girlfriend made me sit through it and i didnt pay much attention

HAHAHAHAHAHA Understandable (although I personally have seen them all without any form of "force" involved). The movies are a pathetic representation of the books vamps.

Take Edward's final fight with Victoria for instance. Bella did NOT see the two fighting in the book. They were blurred out for the entire time. Victoria was FEROCIOUSLY desperate to kill the plain whore, and shrugged off being thrown through a tree.

Batman's gadgets aren't good enough to stop Edward imo, unless someone proves otherwise.

Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Sherlock
@White Mage: Yeah good times lol
Anyway its mostly wishful on my part but after thinking about it,Ed has crazy durabiity like stone yes?Batman may be able to incapasitate him but that may be it
WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Sherlock said:

@White Mage: Yeah good times lol Anyway its mostly wishful on my part but after thinking about it,Ed has crazy durabiity like stone yes?Batman may be able to incapasitate him but that may be it

lol

I blame the Twilight movies really. Although I HATE Bella, the others really are not so terrible. And Kristen Stewart did not help matters at all.

I'll somewhat agree to incapacitating him, because it's Batman. However, even that should be a feat and a half to successfully pull off.

Random: Am I cursed? I seem to always be drawn to defending/being fanboy to certain characters that other people typically hate...............like, I just noticed this. lol

Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Sherlock
@White Mage said:

@Sherlock said:

@White Mage: Yeah good times lol Anyway its mostly wishful on my part but after thinking about it,Ed has crazy durabiity like stone yes?Batman may be able to incapasitate him but that may be it

lol

I blame the Twilight movies really. Although I HATE Bella, the others really are not so terrible. And Kristen Stewart did not help matters at all.

I'll somewhat agree to incapacitating him, because it's Batman. However, even that should be a feat and a half to successfully pull off.

Random: Am I cursed? I seem to always be drawn to defending/being fanboy to certain characters that other people typically hate...............like, I just noticed this. lol

Im not a fan of the genra personally (Never really was into Vampire movies..or teen romance)

I agree a feat and a half and then some though it is possible

LMFAO Your right actually i think we have clashed on this before now
WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Sherlock said:

@White Mage said:

@Sherlock said:

lol

Im not a fan of the genra personally (Never really was into Vampire movies..or teen romance) I agree a feat and a half and then some though it is possible LMFAO Your right actually i think we have clashed on this before now

1. Understandable. And I feel that one too many people have attempted to copy it now....sickeningly so.

2. Yeppers

3. LOL Deja vu is a S.O.B.

Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Jezer

Sad to say that Edward would win. From what I remember when I used to troll twilight fans, Twilight vampires have no regular weaknesses like crosses or garlic. Batman would have to out muscle him. I don't know if his martial arts would be enough fighting someone with great movement speed and durability, who can also read minds.

deathlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By deathlife

Agreed.

Edward wins.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ssejllenrad

Batman has been doing horrible things to girly boys for decades, what makes one think this is different? Nyehehehehehe!

Ok, I seriously want Bats to kill the Cullen kid (old man, old kid, whatever) but I doubt DCAU bats has the ability to contend with such a fast creature. Pre-flashpoint New Earth bats on the other hand...

Fire Star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Fire Star

Edward wins.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#23  Edited By entropy_aegis

Batman will have qualms about killing him.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By isaac_clarke

Sparkles tears Batman's head off. Getting fed intell and a bunch of basic stuff that won't put down Sparkles isn't going to help Batman at all.

The_Assassin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#25  Edited By The_Assassin_

I hate Batman less than I do Edward, so Batman

Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Picard

@PunkMastaFlex said:

@White Mage:

Batman's fought faster beings before. One good example is his fight against Deathstroke whom's 10x faster than a human in reaction speed, much stronger, more durable, and faster. Batman's able to keep up and hold his own against Deathstroke each time they fight. I also want to note that Batman has consistently dodge bullets due to various factors. I highly doubt Edward moves faster than a bullet. Batman should be able to react and with the combination of skill, martial arts, and agility, he should be able to fight Edward without being blitzed.

They do actually.

How useful is Oracle as far as speed blitzers go? I'm genuinely curious, because she may or may not be completely useless here. Seeing as how Edward should still be too fast for her to give useful intel

Oracle's there for insurance really. Batman has all he needs already for this battle.

Excuse me - not true, not true at all:

No Caption Provided

This same can be said about dodging bullets:

If Batman have prep time he win, but because he is smarter, more skilled, better equipped and becouse Edy is just some emo quasi-vampire. But Batman is not ubermench - he is not superstrong, or superfast so stop pretending that he is.

demifiend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By demifiend
@PunkMastaFlex: mm i see you like twilight.  
that explain a lot of things...
BarelyAverage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By BarelyAverage

Without some physical enhancements or better equipment Batman prolly loses. Maybe Batman on venom??

RoyalDivinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By RoyalDivinity

@demifiend said:

@PunkMastaFlex: mm i see you like twilight. that explain a lot of things...

Even if I did like it, what makes this relevant towards the thread?

progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By progenitorigin

IT'S SPARKLE TIME, BATMAN.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#31  Edited By Saren

This thread offends me. Lock, please.

Batman wins anyway.

utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By utotheg38

lol epic battle for the ages. BATMAN STOMPS

RoyalDivinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By RoyalDivinity

@Picard:

Using low end feats for Batman as an attempt to downgrade him's a poor reason to even attempt to debate this battle out. Deathstroke can arguably defeat Edward and I still don't see any relevance to posting that scan. That's not going to happen to Batman because 1, their not fighting on the edge of a building, 2, Edward possesses no fighting skills. Slade's more skilled than Edward can ever hoped to beIt's obvious Batman isn't superstrong nor super fast so I have no idea why you're throwing words into my mouth. Fact is that st reet level characters such as Batman have consistently dodged bullets as a result of their reactions, martial arts, agility, anticipation, and prediction. It's not pure raw speed:

Batman has been dodging bullets for decades. These scans also show how skilled he is in combat, agility, and ability to anticipate and predict where his opponent's going for. The moment Batman gets hit with a bullet is when he's just standing there. It's hard to change to dodge a bullet from the distance shown in your scan and from a non-moving position. Batman's skills can be a similar factor in liaison against Edward whom I highly doubt is faster than a speeding bullet. Your scans all show close quarter shots, not ones of mid to far distance. Batman will have the time to gain the momentum to preform his dodges against Edward. I highly doubt he's immune to Batman's gases.

mextli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By mextli

as much as i hate to admit (twilight books are horrid) edward wins. if batman only has his regular equipment he has no way of putting edward down realistically. But realistically given the fact that batman has a year of prep he would know that and would come with way more then just his standard equipment. So honestly, either give him prep with full usage of his arsenal beyond standard equipment (in which case bats would win) or make it a random encounter (which honestly edward would stomp).

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Saren

@mextli said:

as much as i hate to admit (twilight books are horrid) edward wins. if batman only has his regular equipment he has no way of putting edward down realistically. But realistically given the fact that batman has a year of prep he would know that and would come with way more then just his standard equipment. So honestly, either give him prep with full usage of his arsenal beyond standard equipment (in which case bats would win) or make it a random encounter (which honestly edward would stomp).

Not really, there's no reason to think explosive batarangs wouldn't put Edward down.

RoyalDivinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By RoyalDivinity

@CitizenBane said:

Batman wins anyway.

How does this thread offend you?

utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By utotheg38

@Picard said:

@PunkMastaFlex said:

@White Mage:

They do actually.

Excuse me - not true, not true at all:

No Caption Provided

This same can be said about dodging bullets:

If Batman have prep time he win, but because he is smarter, more skilled, better equipped and becouse Edy is just some emo quasi-vampire. But Batman is not ubermench - he is not superstrong, or superfast so stop pretending that he is.

YAY SCORE ON FOR TEAM EDWARD!!!!XD

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Saren

@PunkMastaFlex said:

@CitizenBane said:

Batman wins anyway.

Joking.

utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By utotheg38

@PunkMastaFlex said:

@CitizenBane said:

Batman wins anyway.

lol, Don't you just love this site?

RoyalDivinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By RoyalDivinity

@CitizenBane said:

@PunkMastaFlex said:

@CitizenBane said:

Batman wins anyway.

Joking.

-_-

@utotheg38 said:

@PunkMastaFlex said:

@CitizenBane said:

Batman wins anyway.

lol, Don't you just love this site?

Yeah lol.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@CitizenBane said:

@mextli said:

Not really, there's no reason to think explosive batarangs wouldn't put Edward down.

..............................could they?

RoyalDivinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By RoyalDivinity

@White Mage:

No reason why they couldn't nor the gases such as Anesthetic gas. The problem would be tagging Edward however.

RoyalDivinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By RoyalDivinity

@White Mage said:

@PunkMastaFlex:

Batman's fought faster beings before. One good example is his fight against Deathstroke whom's 10x faster than a human in reaction speed, much stronger, more durable, and faster. Batman's able to keep up and hold his own against Deathstroke each time they fight. I also want to note that Batman has consistently dodge bullets due to various factors.

Edward is still the same guy that can uproot fairly big trees with his bare hands. I will need to see some scans or something showing Deathstroke in action, because there could still be quite a difference between his peak speed, and Edwards peak vampire speed. Also, dodging bullets is impressive, don't get me wrong. But the feat itself is not a grounds for victory. I need more circumstances.

I highly doubt Edward moves faster than a bullet.

It's possible he does.

Nothing outside of Bane's limits. For christ sakes, Batman kicked down a tree after focusing his chi. Deathstroke's speed isn't superhuman but it's enough to keep up and outspeed Batman, Nightwing, fight the Titans including evading attacks from Donna. Check page 2 for some of Batman's feats.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@PunkMastaFlex said:

@White Mage:

No reason why they couldn't nor the gases such as Anesthetic gas. The problem would be tagging Edward however.

Please explain what that is so that I can counter.lol

The only way Batman would take Edward out would be if he destroyed him. Vampire pieces are still dangerous.

RoyalDivinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By RoyalDivinity

@White Mage:

In the most simple terms possible, knock out gas.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@PunkMastaFlex said:

For christ sakes, Batman kicked down a tree after focusing his chi.

How long did that take exactly?

Deathstroke's speed isn't superhuman but it's enough to keep up and outspeed Batman, Nightwing, fight the Titans including evading attacks from Donna. Check page 2 for some of Batman's feats

I'm not denying these points at all, but I must say that something really doesn't sound right. Particularly the "Donna" one. Explain that fight por favor.

Also, Batman dodging a gun's line of fire doesn't mean he's dodging "bullets" per se. It could easily mean that he's dodging a man who doesn't know how to aim at him properly..........This argument of mine will probably be shut down by somebody, but since I haven't seen different, I'm sticking to it for now.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@PunkMastaFlex said:

@White Mage:

In the most simple terms possible, knock out gas.

Edward's dead

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#48  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
Deathstroke's speed is superhuman.

@White Mage said:

I'm not denying these points at all, but I must say that something really doesn't sound right. Particularly the "Donna" one. Explain that fight por favor.

He was fighting Nightwing, Ravager, Jericho, and Donna at once, and dodged her there. Not all that surprising, though. Deathstroke has hit superhumanly fast characters on multiple occasions.
RoyalDivinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By RoyalDivinity

@White Mage:

How long did that take exactly?

I'd estimate several seconds. Batman has other feats such as breaking down bulletproof glass with his kicks.

Also, Batman dodging a gun's line of fire doesn't mean he's dodging "bullets" per se. It could easily mean that he's dodging a man who doesn't know how to aim at him properly..........This argument of mine will probably be shut down by somebody, but since I haven't seen different, I'm sticking to it for now.

I know. Batman can evade Edward's strikes as long as he knows where they're coming from. That's what I'm saying. Over 10 men don't know how to aim properly? Scratch that, over decades worth, they all can't aim? Street levelers always evaded bullets due to their level of skill all the time. Edward has shown no fighting ability of substantial preportion that insinuates at the fact that he can even think ahead aside from just throwing random strikes that Batman whom has knowledge about Edward, can dodge without that much difficulty and throwing in a flash as well to get away to prepare his next tactic in battle. Edward can be throwing blows that can topple trees against Batman but will always miss due to the what I've seen from Edwards fighting ability, Batman's knowledge, and skill

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Morpheus_ said:

Deathstroke's speed is superhuman.

@White Mage said:

He was fighting Nightwing, Ravager, Jericho, and Donna at once, and dodged her there. Not all that surprising, though. Deathstroke has hit superhumanly fast characters on multiple occasions.

WTF dude? Thanks for the info, but this intrigues me in both good and bad ways.lol

@PunkMastaFlex:

I'd estimate several seconds. Batman has other feats such as breaking down bulletproof glass with his kicks.

Impressive. Weird, but impressive.

Batman can evade Edward's strikes as long as he knows where they're coming from.

I understand the idea behind that stance, however since everything Edward fighting move Edward makes is a rapid blur, I can't see Batman having any kind of advantage at all. That's why I've been asking questions about feats.

Over 10 men don't know how to aim properly? Scratch that, over decades worth, they all can't aim?

I'm prepared to be hated for what I'm about to say, but according to what you mentioned and showed, "yes". That's why I said I was sticking to it until I saw otherwise.

"Flash"? I believe he can dodge "bullets"

"WonderWoman"? I believe she can dodge "Bullets"...because she deflects them on a regular basis.

"Batman"? I have not seen him dodge actual bullets. Everytime I see him "dodging bullets", it's him moving out of the range of fire/sight. I'm still saying for others to show me different.

Edward has shown no fighting ability of substantial preportion that insinuates at the fact that he can even think ahead aside

His fighting ability is quite fair. And his blur speeds make up for most other "weaknesses".

can dodge without that much difficulty and throwing in a flash as well to get away to prepare his next tactic in battle.

Now this I'm completely against. Batman's not getting away from anything. Vampires are flammable. That is their weakness. I didn't see in the beginning post anything about Batman having a weapon related to fire. All the prep in the world won't help if you don't have the tools to combat the person you've read up on. And how is Batman on mental attacks anyway?

Edward can be throwing blows that can topple trees against Batman but will always miss due to the what I've seen from Edwards fighting ability

"Seen" as in "read"? Because the books are fairly damning about vampire movements.