Zzzax vs X-Ray vs Photon vs Living Laser

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By owie  Moderator

Zzzax vs X-Ray vs Photon vs Living Laser (all standard versions).

No morals. All start in their pure energy forms. Battle takes place in the Gobi desert, they start 100' away from each other.

Win by incapacitating, dissipating, killing, or otherwise defeating the others.

Who wins? What order do the rest of them come in?

Zzzax
Zzzax
X-Ray
X-Ray
Photon
Photon
Living Laser
Living Laser
jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By jeanroygrant

Photon is to fast right??

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By owie  Moderator

@jeanroygrant said:

Photon is to fast right??

She's the one with whom I'm most familiar with her speed feats, but they're all pure energy, so I would assume they can all travel at light speed. I don't know that for sure though.

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Photon due to speed.

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By difficlus

Think i'd go with photon due to her experience and combat training.

@Owie: really good matchup though...

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By pooty

@venomoushatred1001: I agree Photon wins. But i don't see what speed has to do with it. It takes time for her to find the right wavelength or energy weakness. it's not like she can speedblitz through them. Nevertheless she wins because she can become most any form of energy.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By owie  Moderator

@difficlus said:

Think i'd go with photon due to her experience and combat training.

@Owie: really good matchup though...

Thanks

@pooty said:

@venomoushatred1001: I agree Photon wins. But i don't see what speed has to do with it. It takes time for her to find the right wavelength or energy weakness. it's not like she can speedblitz through them. Nevertheless she wins because she can become most any form of energy.

I think this is a factor. She seems the most diverse in the energy she can become. My breakdown is that Zzzax can absorb energy very well, I'm not sure how well Photon can do that. He is probably the least diverse in terms of the energy he can control. X-Ray can project and become different energies as well, although he tends to exist as radiation, I believe. Living Laser gets his power from the same dimension as Photon, but I think he may be limited to photon (light) energy. He can definitely move at light speed.

One question is whether or not any of them can really affect the others. X-Ray has been affected by disruptive energy before--I guess it was on a discordant wavelength or something. So I would think it would have to be either something like that, or by energy absorption.

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Skaddix

Yeah Living Laser is limited to being lasers but he is intangible. Has Lightspeed though obviously. May be similar to Photon with body in alternate dimension or plane but not confirmed. No real absorption feats.

X-Ray absorption and emit any EM Energy but has been defeated by lead and vibranium and can be absorbed. Can turn invisible but no solid confirmation on his so not going to assume lightspeed.

ZZzax is electricity and limited to absorbing such which does not help him much at all in this fight. Not that fast though but really strong although physical strength not really going to help him.

Photon of course only one energy form at a time of course she can switch super fast definitely the broadest forms of this group. Lightspeed and Invisibility among her powers. Intangibility, Duplication of Energy and extensive absorption.

So Photon should clean up.

RubyWilliams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RubyWilliams

@owie: Bullshit. Living Laser wins. What you said wasn't a factor. Laser is much faster and stronger than all 3. He wins and that's a fact.

Avatar image for themultiversity
TheMultiversity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Monica Rambeau

Avatar image for deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f
deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How powerful is Zzzzax?

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 owie  Moderator

@owie: Bullshit. Living Laser wins. What you said wasn't a factor. Laser is much faster and stronger than all 3. He wins and that's a fact.

I love how you bothered to reply to something from FIVE YEARS AGO to the degree you needed to call it "bullshit."

If you want to say that Living Laser is more powerful than all three, go ahead and post some feats.

RubyWilliams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RubyWilliams

@owie: and I love how you try to be feat hungry when people don't care.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 owie  Moderator

@owie: and I love how you try to be feat hungry when people don't care.

Oh, OK. Weirdly I thought the point of battle debating was backing up your opinions with facts or specific strategies about how they're going to use their powers, instead of randomly making statements and expecting everyone to take them as true. Just for instance your claim that Living Laser is faster than the others. Can Living Laser go FTL? If not, how is he faster? Or, what exactly makes him "stronger"? What has he done to make you think that? Make your case and I'll listen to you, but if you're just going to make aggressive but non-backed up statements, you're whistling in the wind.

Quite honestly Monica has only been getting more impressive feats since the Ultimates, I don't even see this as much of a contest any more.

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Monica.

Eeef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Monica beats all three, through absorption.

Slash03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Monica > Zzzax > X Ray > Living Laser

THEnewGuy2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Monica > Zzzax> Living Laser > Xray

Mage101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Monica.

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

@mage101 said:

Monica.

How would she beat Zzzax?

Mage101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mage101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: Monica is a being of energy I don't think that that would work on her.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ProfessorRespect
@mage101 said:

@professorrespect: Monica is a being of energy I don't think that that would work on her.

Monica used to be a being of energy during the mid 2010's (I think) that's not a thing anymore with her recent material.

Mage101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: I'm talking about when she shifts to her energy form. She loses all human properties when in energy form, the difference between that time and now is that she was energy throughout and lacked every human attributes but now she can switch from human to energy at will.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mage101 said:

@professorrespect: I'm talking about when she shifts to her energy form. She loses all human properties when in energy form, the difference between that time and now is that she was energy throughout and lacked every human attributes but now she can switch from human to energy at will.

If she's made of energy, then surely that would make her easier to drain than harder I'd imagine. Her brain in some form would also still need to function even if it was converted into another form to boot.

Mage101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: Monica controls energy so I don't think it'll be easy at all. I think Monica is similar to iceman when in energy form, she should be pure consciousness. Which will make it impossible for zzzax to have any access to brainwaves.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mage101 said:

@professorrespect: Monica controls energy so I don't think it'll be easy at all. I think Monica is similar to iceman when in energy form, she should be pure consciousness. Which will make it impossible for zzzax to have any access to brainwaves.

I don't think the idea that she'd just have control when Zzzax's whole thing is draining energy would be effective with him given that fact. I'm sure the Iceman comparison *might* be similar, but I can't see anything suggesting that's the same relationship.

Mage101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: Can you show zzzax draining someone with good energy manipulation and absorption abilities. The iceman argument seems more likely as we all know that marvel hasn't given us any explanation on how she functions mentally and as we know that her brain ceases to exist when transforms to energy.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ProfessorRespect
@mage101 said:

@professorrespect: Can you show zzzax draining someone with good energy manipulation and absorption abilities

He's done it to multiple individuals including Iron Man and Rulk. Iron Man failed to drain him in response and Rulk couldn't do it at all. He's also massively overwhelmed Banner Hulk to boot.

The iceman argument seems more likely as we all know that marvel hasn't given us any explanation on how she functions mentally

I mean at the end of the day it's just a guess. A good guess mind you, but it's still a guess that can't really be quantified.

her brain ceases to exist when transforms to energy.

I don't recall that being agreed on, I said it's likely that some part of her brainwaves still need to function given she kinda wouldn't be able to do a whole lot otherwise.

Mage101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect:

He's done it to multiple individuals including Iron Man and Rulk. Iron Man failed to drain him in response and Rulk couldn't do it at all. He's also massively overwhelmed Banner Hulk to boot.

Hasn't banner resisted him or what? The rulk and iron Man feats are good but I don't see why Monica doesn't do the same thing and tries to drain him.

I mean at the end of the day it's just a guess. A good guess mind you, but it's still a guess that can't really be quantified.

I believe that it might be true because Monica has been disintegrated and still reform her light form.

I don't recall that being agreed on, I said it's likely that some part of her brainwaves still need to function given she kinda wouldn't be able to do a whole lot otherwise

I don't think so, brainwave is created from the brain and Monica's energy form was destroyed so if she still had a functioning brain then it should also have gotten destroyed making the forming of brainwaves impossible so I don't think Monica has any type of brain reaction or activity in energy form.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mage101 said:

@professorrespect:

Hasn't banner resisted him or what

Not resisted, Zzzax just never tried it on him because he wanted to brawl.

The rulk and iron Man feats are good but I don't see why Monica doesn't do the same thing and tries to drain him

I don't see how she'd be able to drain the guy when she's made of light and he's made of electrical brainwaves lol. I have to say, never seen her do that.

I believe that it might be true because Monica has been disintegrated and still reform her light form

It could've been automatic in that case mind you etc

I don't recall that being agreed on, I said it's likely that some part of her brainwaves still need to function given she kinda wouldn't be able to do a whole lot otherwise

I don't think so, brainwave is created from the brain

Yea she'd need to rely on it to some extent to still, you know, be functioning and that

Mage101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mage101 said:

@professorrespect:

Not resisted, Zzzax just never tried it on him because he wanted to brawl.

Okay. Hulk doesn't control energy so it doesn't apply to Monica.

I don't see how she'd be able to drain the guy when she's made of light and he's made of electrical brainwaves lol. I have to say, never seen her do that.

Monica can transform into any forms of electromagnetic energy including electricity, gamma rays, x-rays etc. Everyone knows that.

It could've been automatic in that case mind you etc

I disagree.

Yea she'd need to rely on it to some extent to still, you know, be functioning and that

I don't think so, brainwaves are gotten from the brain and Monica was disintegrated so that'll only mean that her energy form doesn't have any human properties. Has Zzzax ever drained a person made of energy for you to make these claims.