Zuko with mid difficulty.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

I always found Tenzin to be lackluster as a bender.

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always found Tenzin to be lackluster as a bender.

loumast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm gonna root for Tenzin. Not that he has all that many feats, but I'm gonna use experience as my reason.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump. After today's episode, I think I'd go with Tenzin

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

@arcus said:

Bump. After today's episode, I think I'd go with Tenzin

True that.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tenzin may just stomp young Zuko, maybe it'd be better if it was old Zuko.

silentbat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love how so much more respect is being given to Tenzin now lol.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang always managed to take Zuko down when he got serious, pretty sure Tenzin could do the same

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

Zuko, by the end of book 3 takes it pretty handily.

roronuffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would have gone with Zuko but Tenzin was a beast when he was beating Zaheer and Zuko has a horrible history against airbenders. Also in general everybody seems to be more powerful in LOK except for Korra, Mako, and Bolin who seem to get beat a lot.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for captainmarvelthunder
CaptainMarvelThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zuko

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Tenzin

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zuko, but with high difficulty its gonna be super close.

loksuks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tenzin. But something tells me if tenzin was the same age that zuko was at the end of book three he would lose.

Aressword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

106me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zuko in a close fight.

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Tenzin stomps

Z___

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tenzin with mid-to-high difficulty due to Zuko's agility.

Current Tenzin's feats also trump current Zuko's.

Z'

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 the_stegman  Moderator

Honestly, compared to other master bender, both are kinda "eh", but, I'll give it to Tenzin in a good fight.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@arcus: His overall showing afterall the dragon training..

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Lunacyde  Moderator

How does that make sense? Old Zuko has no feats.

Tenzin wins in a decent match.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@lunacyde said:

@ancient_0f_days said:

How does that make sense? Old Zuko has no feats.

Tenzin wins in a decent match.

this

wbr17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zuko. People start to praise tenzin after he defeat a rookie air-bender with no formal training lol

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zuko

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Lunacyde  Moderator

@wbr17 said:

Zuko. People start to praise tenzin after he defeat a rookie air-bender with no formal training lol

Haha calling Zaheer a "rookie" doesn't do any kind of justice to the threat he poses. There wasn't a single person that he faced the whole season before Tenzin that he had trouble with. He was considered a serious threat before he even got Airbending. He may not be a "master", but he is a very skilled fighter with airbending, and he is very knowledgeable about airbending culture and history.

It took 4 very skilled and dangerous benders to defeat Tenzin. I love Zuko, he's my second favorite TLA character, but he doesn't have any feats to suggest he should win.

wbr17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde: People overestimates his fight with Red Lotus, no they weren't all out against him.

Zaheer had trouble against Nortak in North Pole, I mean he wasn't winning, he take to long to finish his fight against two nameless metalbender in Zaofu, he wasn't that impressive against Nortak and restrained Korra. He did well against Kya.

He is a cool character but he didn't have much impressive fights. Zuko is in other league, we can't compare Zaheer and Zuko. Zaheer has a limited set of attacks. Zuko has much more skill and experience than Zaheer and he faced Aang a lot, so he knows what an air bender can do.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Lunacyde  Moderator

@wbr17 said:

@lunacyde: People overestimates his fight with Red Lotus, no they weren't all out against him.

Zaheer had trouble against Nortak in North Pole, I mean he wasn't winning, he take to long to finish his fight against two nameless metalbender in Zaofu, he wasn't that impressive against Nortak and restrained Korra. He did well against Kya.

He is a cool character but he didn't have much impressive fights. Zuko is in other league, we can't compare Zaheer and Zuko. Zaheer has a limited set of attacks. Zuko has much more skill and experience than Zaheer and he faced Aang a lot, so he knows what an air bender can do.

I'm not sure who Nortak is. Do you mean Tonraq?

Tonraq did not get a single hit on Zaheer during their entire fight at the North Pole. Just because Zaheer didn't KO Tonraq doesn't mean he had trouble against him. He was able to hit Tonraq and not be hit once, and Tonraq is a master level waterbender in an environment that is to his advantage. Zaheer was able to defeat him at Laghima's peak as well and would have killed him had the metal bender not saved tonraq.

After he was snagged around the wrists once again we see him knocking the metalbenders around and not getting touched by their attacks. Also, those metalbenders were Su Yin's elite guard, not just random schmucks. Korra is the Avatar, and a VERY capable master of 3 elements. He was able to defeat Tonraq and knock Korra out (granted yes she was chained). He is not some rookie bender by any stretch.

Zaheer also tooled White Lotus guards, Dai Li, and beat Kya impressively (another waterbending master).

Zuko got his butt handed to him in more fights than he won. That was the beauty of Zuko, we got to see him evolve over the 3 seasons. He was a great fighter, very agile and skilled, but even at his peak at the end of the Fire Book I don't think he was powerful or skilled enough to take an airbending master one on one. Tenzin should be able to block anything that Zuko can throw at him.

Tenzin 6/10

wbr17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol Yeah Tonraq I always confuse about water tribe name ahah @lunacyde

Oparu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Zuko wins, Zuko by the end of book 3 was nearing the top of his game. The comics have shown just how much Zuko has improved and he is indeed Fire Lord tier. Tenzin will be a challenge though.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#33  Edited By AllStarSuperman

Bump

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

Tenzin mid to high dif.

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By vengefulshot

Tenzin mid/high dif. Zuko is formidable but Tenzin should be too much. Zuko does have a versatility advantage though.

SoImMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tenzin oneshots this weakling

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tenzin mid/high dif. Zuko is formidable but Tenzin should be too much. Zuko does have a versatility advantage though.

Amnesiak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going with Tenzin

comic_king77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly as much as I like Zuko, off feats, Tenzin absolutely wrecks here. I mean the guy was beating Zaheer with low/mid difficulty (take into account Zaheer took out Kya and, Tonraq two high level water benders) and when all four teamed up on him he put up a good fight despite just being hit by P'li's blast, knocking down Ghazan and Zaheer before he was clocked by P'Li again(probably due to her not being within his range). The guy is no joke.

Zuko, while powerful by end of book 3, just doesn't stand a chance.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 anthp2000  Moderator

@comic_king77: Tenzin was stomping Zaheer but that's not so amazing. Zaheer was a rookie who is mid tier at best. Zuko can also stomp him. Tenzi would just have an easier time doing so cause he is the suprior Bender of Zaheer's particular element.

Tebzin didn't put up a good fight againstbthe Red Lotus alone. He could barely move and they were toying with him. They didn't even want to kill him.

OT: Tenzin handily 8/10 or so, but not easily.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95
deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zuko, with near ease. Actually the opinions are so diverse here that I'd be willing to do a CaV on it.

comic_king77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By comic_king77

Just imagine Zuko against those 4 at the same time, does he manage two knockdowns? Be honest he just gets overwhelmed straight away. Tenzin was holding his own definitely before P'li attacked

Zuko's best feat is being able to (although technically he didn't) take out insane Azula.

Zaheer really isn't a novice with his feats, beating Tonraq (master) who had back up from chained up korra? No way a mid tier character pulls that off c'mon.

Not to mention making light work of Kya with back up (from fodder) someone Ming'hua (definitely a master) took a while to finish off when by herself.

Zaheer may be relatively new to air bending but his feats definitely put him on master level in terms of fighting ability. And Tenzin stomps the guy.

Zuko just doesn't win here.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 anthp2000  Moderator

Zuko, with near ease. Actually the opinions are so diverse here that I'd be willing to do a CaV on it.

How in the world can Zuko win this?

Just imagine Zuko against those 4 at the same time, does he manage two knockdowns? Be honest he just gets overwhelmed straight away. Tenzin was holding his own definitely before P'li attacked

Zuko's best feat is being able to (although technically he didn't) take out insane Azula.

Zaheer really isn't a novice with his feats, beating Tonraq (master) who had back up from chained up korra? No way a mid tier character pulls that off c'mon.

Not to mention making light work of Kya with back up (from fodder) someone Ming'hua (definitely a master) took a while to finish off when by herself.

Zaheer may be relatively new to air bending but his feats definitely put him on master level in terms of fighting ability. And Tenzin stomps the guy.

Zuko just doesn't win here.

Not if they do what they did with Tenzin, which is standing still like near-fodder.

His best feats are being able to for a time match Katara or Azula (granted not completely sane).

Really? Tonraq is at best mid tier. He is no master bender in any way I don't know where you got that idea. And even then, Zaheer didn't beat him without BFR.
A handcuffed Korra that throws around fire blasts isn't a formidable opponent and even then she gave him a fight.

Ming Hua was toying with Kya and the whole Zaheer vs Kya scene was horrible PIS. She is fast enough to react to Ming Hua's fast paced attacks and yet she can't react to direct air blasts? Seriously? Awful PIS.
Ming Hua >>> Zaheer

Zaheer is not high tier by any means. He is still at the very best mid-tier. He is awful at airbending compared to masters but has some good fighting skill overall which makes him mid-tier. And it's easy to stomp someone ni yuor native element when you're simply better.

I never said Zuko wins here.

Royal_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zuko comfortably

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: There's no question that if Zuko lands two good fireballs and one sustain at Tenzin, Tenzin would be out for the count. And by feats Zuko is a better and more experienced bender who has better physicals.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 anthp2000  Moderator

Zuko comfortably

lmao what?

@anthp2000: There's no question that if Zuko lands two good fireballs and one sustain at Tenzin, Tenzin would be out for the count. And by feats Zuko is a better and more experienced bender who has better physicals.

And there's no question that Zuko will simply not land 2 good fireballs. Tenzin's reflexes are insane and he has stonewalled P'Li's combustion (and Korra, his student has stonewalled a point blank explosive mechanism) and the shields tanked those no trouble. Tenzin can send mecha tanks flying 25 stories up in the air, you kidding me? As long as he doesn't hesitate to use this power on Zuko, gg.

comic_king77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: I know this battle isn't about zaheer, but him being mid tier is just false.

I mean he consistently proved how good he was, I mean he clearly outclasses Kya in their fight, twice. She didn't dodge his air attack because he literally did it at the same time she did her attack after dodging it? How is that PIS? If it was PIS there's no way they would have added the guards for Zaheer to stomp as well just to prove he was a class above.

Tonraq had a close battle (after being hit by the twins) with Unalaq which Unalaq edged . Unalaq is clearly one of the best waterbenders we've seen on the show so if Tonraq has a decent battle with him, he's clearly a master??

You've come up with an excuse for every victory zaheer's had

Kya - PIS

Tonraq - BFR ( he knocked the guy off a cliff to certain death if he wasn't saved so he basically killed him ridiculous how that somehow doesn't count)

Zaheer is top class with and without flight

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 anthp2000  Moderator

@anthp2000: I know this battle isn't about zaheer, but him being mid tier is just false.

I mean he consistently proved how good he was, I mean he clearly outclasses Kya in their fight, twice. She didn't dodge his air attack because he literally did it at the same time she did her attack after dodging it? How is that PIS? If it was PIS there's no way they would have added the guards for Zaheer to stomp as well just to prove he was a class above.

Tonraq had a close battle (after being hit by the twins) with Unalaq which Unalaq edged . Unalaq is clearly one of the best waterbenders we've seen on the show so if Tonraq has a decent battle with him, he's clearly a master??

You've come up with an excuse for every victory zaheer's had

Kya - PIS

Tonraq - BFR ( he knocked the guy off a cliff to certain death if he wasn't saved so he basically killed him ridiculous how that somehow doesn't count)

Zaheer is top class with and without flight

Him being mid tier is generous.

It was PIS because Kya was a chump there.

Are you serious here? Unalaq wasn''t even trying with Tonraq. Go compare his fight with him with his fight with Korra and you'll see the difference. And Tonraq only gave him a decent fight because he was jumping around.

Well it's PIS so sorry to break it to you.

BFR =/= win. I can push Bruce Lee off a cliff. That doesn't mean I can beat Bruce Lee.

Top Class benders would murderstomp Zaheer with and without flight. You're fanboying Zaheer.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: Really? Zuko can react at above mach 7.5 while Tenzin has no feats proving that he can. He stonewalled a combustion bender you say? I wonder where I heard that before, oh right Zuko did that too. Korra was a brawler so her feats don't translate to Tenzin. Proof for his mech throwing being that high? And they are big targets, I doubt he can land them one on Zuko (who survivied a point blank explosion before).

You want to CaV?

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 anthp2000  Moderator

@anthp2000: Really? Zuko can react at above mach 7.5 while Tenzin has no feats proving that he can. He stonewalled a combustion bender you say? I wonder where I heard that before, oh right Zuko did that too. Korra was a brawler so her feats don't translate to Tenzin. Proof for his mech throwing being that high? And they are big targets, I doubt he can land them one on Zuko (who survivied a point blank explosion before).

You want to CaV?

Every high tier can react to explosions and lightning, all of them are casual arrow timers it's not a big deal.
Zuko was forced back and almost died. Tenzin tanked the shot.
What does being a brawler have to do with making air spouts and air shields?
Doesn't matter if it's that high, Tenzin sent it flying several feet up in the air.

I would but I'm in like 5 active CaVs right now and 2 of those are Avatar Cavs.