Bump

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Zuko, near-high difficulty. I just feel like Bolin's going to hold back too much in R1.

Bolin. Over-all much more powerful by the end of the series, and at least just as agile, Bolin take's a very solid majority and take's it every single time.

Emperor97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think overall zuko is a better bender and fighter. He has agility, speed, power, and experience over Bolin. The only challenge will be Bolin's lava and that's not as hard to overcome as people make it seem. Lavabending isn't a unstoppable force, it can be blocked by all the other elements. Bolin was even able to block ghazan(someone who is stronger than him) lavabending with Earthbending(earth is weak against lava). Lavabending isn't going to give Bolin a win, especially against someone like zuko who is better than him in all the other categories that matter in a fight. Lavabending can be blocked by fire, the same way waterbending is blocked by fire. Bolin lavabending is kinda slow, I don't see him being able to cover the ground in lava before zuko has time to take advantage. Zuko also has the agility to avoid his lava while attacking. He was able to jump multiple yards to a airship Azula was on and started attacking her midair. He was also able to climb a 2 or more story house with ease AND in seconds. I think zuko will take both rounds, r2 will be harder but he still can take it.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king22 said:

I think overall zuko is a better bender and fighter. He has agility, speed, power, and experience over Bolin. The only challenge will be Bolin's lava and that's not as hard to overcome as people make it seem. Lavabending isn't a unstoppable force, it can be blocked by all the other elements. Bolin was even able to block ghazan(someone who is stronger than him) lavabending with Earthbending(earth is weak against lava). Lavabending isn't going to give Bolin a win, especially against someone like zuko who is better than him in all the other categories that matter in a fight. Lavabending can be blocked by fire, the same way waterbending is blocked by fire. Bolin lavabending is kinda slow, I don't see him being able to cover the ground in lava before zuko has time to take advantage. Zuko also has the agility to avoid his lava while attacking. He was able to jump multiple yards to a airship Azula was on and started attacking her midair. He was also able to climb a 2 or more story house with ease AND in seconds. I think zuko will take both rounds, r2 will be harder but he still can take it.

Fire can evaporate water, it can't do that to lava

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zuko round 1, moderate difficulty.

Round 2 Bolin melts him.

Emperor97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: fire has a concussive force. That's why earth blows up when in comes into contact with it. That is also the reason people get knocked down when the get hit by a fire attack. Fire on fire should just come together and make more fire but in avatar the fire destroys each other, because of the concussive force. When korra was fighting kuvira she was able to stop kuvira liquid metal with a fire blast. There's nothing to suggest that fire can't block lava the Same way it has been shown to block all the other elements. Lavabending has been blocked before and it can be blocked again. Plus zuko has the agility to avoid it. He has been shown to jump yard and climb houses in seconds. Zuko can use his fire Bending to enhance his leaping ability, he did that in his fight with Azula.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king22 said:

@arcus: fire has a concussive force. That's why earth blows up when in comes into contact with it. That is also the reason people get knocked down when the get hit by a fire attack. Fire on fire should just come together and make more fire but in avatar the fire destroys each other, because of the concussive force. When korra was fighting kuvira she was able to stop kuvira liquid metal with a fire blast. There's nothing to suggest that fire can't block lava the Same way it has been shown to block all the other elements. Lavabending has been blocked before and it can be blocked again. Plus zuko has the agility to avoid it. He has been shown to jump yard and climb houses in seconds. Zuko can use his fire Bending to enhance his leaping ability, he did that in his fight with Azula.

When did Korra do that?

I'm not denying that fire can be used to block lava, just said it wouldn't be as easy as it cancels out water

Emperor97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By Emperor97

@arcus: korra was able to do it when they was fighting in kuvira's robot.

I used water because lava and water are both liquids. Fire has also blocked liquid metal. I'm not saying it will be the exact same as when fire blocks water, but when has fire had trouble blocking a element? I know fire isn't the most defensive element but it never had problems blocking an attack. I can't think of a element that has trouble blocking another element, except for earth blocking lava.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king22 said:

@arcus: korra was able to do it when they was fighting in kuvira's robot.

I used water because lava and water are both liquids. Fire has also blocked liquid metal. I'm not saying it will be the exact same as when fire blocks water, but when has fire had trouble blocking a element? I know fire isn't the most defensive element but it never had problems blocking an attack. I can't think of a element that has trouble blocking another element, except for earth blocking lava.

Loading Video...

Can you point out where it happens? Cause I'm not seeing it

Lava and water are very different. Fire can evaporate water, can't do that to lava.

Firebending generally doesn't have much in the way of defensive moves. It's got some, sure, but it's the least defensive element

Emperor97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: 0:50 to 0:55 the fire stops the liquid metal.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king22 said:

@arcus: 0:50 to 0:55 the fire stops the liquid metal.

...no, all that shows is Kuvira using metal shields to block Korra's fire blasts

Emperor97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not saying firebending is the most defensive, I actually said it wasn't great but it has been able to stop attacks from all four elements with some form of fire blast. My point is lavabending isn't unstoppable. The only difference between lava and all the other liquid elements( all has been blocked by fire) is lava is extremely hot.

Emperor97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Your right, kuvira was blocking, my mistake.

The point still stands that fire concussive force has stop earth. I would think earth would be harder to stop a solid than a liquid. Fire was also able to move army tanks. THAT WAS A SOZIN COMMIT FEAT SO THE POWER DOESN'T COUNT but if it did show that fire has concussive force that can move metal.

silentbat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zuko. Though much closer than what other folks are saying.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zuko. Though much closer than what other folks are saying.

Both rounds? Any reasons?

silentbat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zuko I see as more combatively viable than Bolin.

Oparu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Zuko.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

Zuko takes both rounds with ease, and heck, is lava overrated...

Avatar image for deactivated-6249a821a8c64
deactivated-6249a821a8c64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zuko takes round 1, but Bolin might takes Round 2.

Avatar image for deactivated-597fe3e7af56f
deactivated-597fe3e7af56f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zuko takes round 1, but Bolin might take Round 2.

This. Mako and Bolin are very underrated benders.

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zuko has round 1 comfortably and can take round 2 extreme dif with his swords. Without that gear advantage, Bolin can take him here.

viren809

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zuko can use fire jets in the comics so that would help out with doding lava, and even Mako's fire was able to deflect Ghazan's lava so I guess Zuko could do that too with his fire as he is a better firebender than Mako

so Zuzu wins

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#175  Edited By The_Justiciar

Zuko is a more skillful and precise bender than Bolin, but I always thought earthbending's focus on defense is a pretty solid counter to the aggression in firebending.

Eh, I'll still back Zuko. He has a general mobility edge that should let him circumvent Bolin's earthbending defenses. Although it should be noted that Bolin's actually pretty light on his feet despite his stocky build, as the pro-bending style is completely different to traditional bending. It taught him to be fairly fluid and responsive in his earthbending.

Marishtar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zuko both rounds, Bolin is far too slow for him.

Unlimited1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Close fight, Bolin probably wins round 2, but round 1 might be a draw.

katrurius17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zuko takes both rounds with ease, and heck, is lava overrated...

Avatar image for deactivated-5eeb201d11f2c
deactivated-5eeb201d11f2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zuko's not beating Bolin easily.

I'd back Zuko round 1 because Bolin's use of lava is seriously restricted by morals. Zuko can blast through Bolin's defenses with some effort IMO, and he has a solid physicals advantage as well.

Round 2 is tougher. Zuko's swords allow him to concentrate his firebending more easily, but Bolin going all out with lavabending will be devastating, giving him a solid advantage in AOE offense to go with his defensive advantage from earthbending. That being said, lavabending is relatively slow, but it's not like Bolin can't generate large quantities quickly, and as the fight goes on, the battlefield will become more and more covered with lava. I might back Bolin with extreme difficulty, but it'll be a very close fight.

No matter what happens however, this forest is going to be burnt down by the end of the fight.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

Zuko would win this pretty easily. If the fight gets dragged out, Bolin would have he advantage, but it won't. He doesn't have the defences to deal with the firepower, nor the attack speed to press Zuko with his lavabending, which is the slowest form of bending we've ever encountered.

Alsimmons77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By Alsimmons77

Zuko with low-mid difficulty at worst in both of the rounds.

FanFeatRT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bolin with difficulty.

Avatar image for deactivated-60c7ec0cc5374
deactivated-60c7ec0cc5374

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bolin imo opinion.

vegeta333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bolin stomp, i actually think lok characters are stronger than atla's.

Avatar image for deactivated-61cf4439ee1f9
deactivated-61cf4439ee1f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zuko with low-mid difficulty at worst in both of the rounds.

frijacks12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

JJKHead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bolin middif

viren809

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zuko, mid to high diff.

He can overpower Bolin and can dodge for sure. Also has pretty solid fire defenses.

Lava is strong, but overrated.

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Zuko.

MinhCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zuko, maybe 7/10, with Bolin only really taking rounds off the rare few times he can hold up to the late-fight.

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 cocacolaman  Moderator

Zuko almost stomps

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@minhcake said:

Zuko, maybe 7/10, with Bolin only really taking rounds off the rare few times he can hold up to the late-fight.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 anthp2000  Moderator

Zuko would absolutely decimate him.

Discmaniac-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By Discmaniac-

This is really tough, but I think Bolin could take this if he doesn't hold back, but Zuko prolly takes 1 since Bolin holds back. Round 2 Bolin melts Zuko.

kataraaaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Zuko kicks his ass

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zuko beats both brothers at once.

Discmaniac-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zuko beats both brothers at once.

I know people prefer Avatar the Last Airbender (so do I), but I didn't know it was this bad.

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@discmaniac-: it’s not ATLA preference.

Discmaniac-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supremegeneration: Ok. Are you serious when you say Zuko eliminates both or are you indicating you think he is for sure superior to either of the two?